Timber DIY Cree CXB3590 Kits Available Now

Hi all. I just finished putting together a kit. It was pretty easy. Funny thing twenty years ago I could have put this together in an hour. I had tons of tools and tons of space. Now I have neither.
Nonetheless I slapped together an aluminum frame. whipped the parts together. flipped the switch and lights on.
I took some pictures and notes while making. I hope it helps. Hit me with questions.

I remain with with one question. ? Why don't more people do this? It is not hard, bit of a mess with the aluminum cutting is all.
Here is linky. .........
200 Watt Cree CXB3590 4 COB Grow Light Kit

Hi all. I just finished putting together a kit. It was pretty easy. Funny thing twenty years ago I could have put this together in an hour. I had tons of tools and tons of space. Now I have neither.
Nonetheless I slapped together an aluminum frame. whipped the parts together. flipped the switch and lights on.
I took some pictures and notes while making. I hope it helps. Hit me with questions.

I remain with with one question. ? Why don't more people do this? It is not hard, bit of a mess with the aluminum cutting is all.
Here is linky. .........
200 Watt Cree CXB3590 4 COB Grow Light Kit

Hi @kelticBlue,

Thank you for the awesome thread - everything looks really good. Looking forward to seeing how your plants do under it!

Have a great day!

Regards,
Dan

I purchased the 250 Watt Cree CXB3590 (5) COB Grow Light Kit.
So far so good. I made a frame for it and have grown a plant under the light.
The strain is Incredible Bulk from Dr. Krippling.

This is day 36 from flip for this plant.

250w_5_COB.JPG
Incredible_Bulk_d36-1.JPG
Incredible_Bulk_d36-4.JPG

I am very pleased with your product and will certainly think of you in the future if I need more lighting.

I purchased the 250 Watt Cree CXB3590 (5) COB Grow Light Kit.
So far so good. I made a frame for it and have grown a plant under the light.
The strain is Incredible Bulk from Dr. Krippling.

This is day 36 from flip for this plant.

250w_5_COB.JPG
Incredible_Bulk_d36-1.JPG
Incredible_Bulk_d36-4.JPG

I am very pleased with your product and will certainly think of you in the future if I need more lighting.

Hi Ditchweed242,

Thank you for your business - I appreciate it. Your set up looks very nice - good clean build. And your plant seems to be doing good as well. I hope it performs well and gives you a great harvest.

If I can be of any assistance with any questions down the road, always feel free to let me know.

Have a great weekend.

Best Regards,
Dan

this is very interesting as this will be my 1st indoor grow im or i should say used to be outside only but run out not even halfway threw the winter!!! which product would you suggest for me to use to grow 3 to 5 indoor auto flowering and frame work as well as iam new at the indoor grow and need all the help i can get!!!! will your products come with best suggested way to hang and instructions on best use and lighting?? please respond quickly as i need to get to work a.s.a.p.!!!! or do you send a guide or could you point me in the direction besides youtube on my first indoor autoflower grow??? thank you jp513

this is very interesting as this will be my 1st indoor grow im or i should say used to be outside only but run out not even halfway threw the winter!!! which product would you suggest for me to use to grow 3 to 5 indoor auto flowering and frame work as well as iam new at the indoor grow and need all the help i can get!!!! will your products come with best suggested way to hang and instructions on best use and lighting?? please respond quickly as i need to get to work a.s.a.p.!!!! or do you send a guide or could you point me in the direction besides youtube on my first indoor autoflower grow??? thank you jp513

Hello jp513,

Thank you for your post - I appreciate it. Depending on the size of your plants and intended coverage area, we can help you out with the appropriate product to fit your needs. Please feel free to send me a PM or an email at sales@timbergrowlights.com and I would be happy to assist.

We routinely do customizations on all of our products and would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Dan

Hello Ditchweed242,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your grow - I am subbed in and enjoying watching your plants do very well.

I will be share your journal with others looking to do the same/similar setup as you are.

Have a good rest of the day.

Best Regards,
Dan

here is the two little buds that finished up under the grow light kit. they are seeded/pollinated so i did a over ripe experiment. just for fun.
CIMG1635.jpg

i have a sprout that is going to go start to finish under the lights at about 95% full bright, the dimmer is just short of max bright.
Auto CBG x Orient Express is the strain my own cross. reg seed too.
cheers:cheer:

here is the two little buds that finished up under the grow light kit. they are seeded/pollinated so i did a over ripe experiment. just for fun.
CIMG1635.jpg

i have a sprout that is going to go start to finish under the lights at about 95% full bright, the dimmer is just short of max bright.
Auto CBG x Orient Express is the strain my own cross. reg seed too.
cheers:cheer:

Hi kelticblue,

Very nice - many folks have had questions about how much light to give pre-flowering stage plants with COB based LED lights. I am glad to see that you are putting some documented information on this out in the world.

Looking good!

Have a good weekend,
Dan

Hey Dan, how is the shipping to Canada? Do you have a Canadian distributor or do the lights have to pass through customs? Would you know the fees$?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm looking to scale back a bit as momma is well stocked. That said, I love the hobby and will continue on trying new ideas, techniques, and gathering information..

I'm going to dial back from a 4x4 to a 2x4. I currently run an XML 650 and love it. It's a great "all around" light and really covers a 4x4. As mentioned, I will be moving to a 2x4' and want to put 400W of Timber (thanks for being a sponsor) in my tent. My question is this..

The 4x100W is an obvious great solution. Without worrying about cost as much as performance, would 8x50W be a better option? Again, not too worried about splitting hairs over PARWatts/etc... just looking for some feedback on what I would consider an "intensity vs coverage" argument. Will definitely be using your frame too! Any feedback welcome!

I've been keeping an eye on COB setups and IMO you're better off going 8 x 50 watts. You want roughly 50 watts over each sqft. That'd be perfect. The 90 degree reflectors project a very nice even pattern at one per sqft. Dan will know too, as well as Fanleaf - check him out if you haven't already. He's gotten way deep into it, with a PAR meter and lots of experimenting. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Timber's COB based lights are by far the best value in the LED market. They deliver the PPFD numbers that will maximize yields in a way that targeted blue and reds just can't. I've got a set on the way and feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to open my presents...

Hats off to Dan for making affordable COB based DIY lighting available to people that could not otherwise afford it or who aren't comfortable building out their own.

I cannot agree more. I have always been surprised that I don't see more journals with Timber lights in them. The framework really put it over the edge.

I cannot agree more. I have always been surprised that I don't see more journals with Timber lights in them. The framework really put it over the edge.

I said as much to Dan when i was doing my DIY. Absol-tuting indeed. why dont I see more of these lights? Everything comes so neatly prepared in the kit.

So a quick question, is the dimmer liner? Just a curiosity. not really important. I dont really remember all that much about these thngs, dimmers and such things.
For information I am running my kit at what I believe is ~60% power for my sprouts.

Here is a picture of the dimmer at full power, notice the white line. Call it 11 o'clock.
CIMG1826.jpg

Here is where I am running it call it 6 O'clock.
CIMG1825.jpg

And here is full low dang flash fired so hard to see but call it 12:30 o'clock
CIMG1827.jpg

It runs super cool the tent hardly gets over room temperature running this low at 6 o'clock position.

Anywho, is this about 55-60%, cause at full low it it 10%.

Back
Top Bottom