200 Watt Cree CXB3590 4 COB Grow Light Kit

is that the only light meter you have? you dont have a lux meter do you.

No sorry. I do not have a lux meter. I do not have many tools anymore. I use that meter only as a reference or estimate.
I have the dimmer set to just over 50-60%.

:thanks: for looking cnile. Have a GrateDay

Here is the PCKxKaliChina just before top. About three weeks old.

VegginOut

Here we are just about 2 weeks after flip to 12/12 lighting.
CIMG19312.jpg
The dimmer is at about 60% of full with good penetration. I have backed off from full power because I do not want to get any light burn as the tops get closer to the lights.
here is the tops, 7 good ones.
CIMG1924.jpg
Side view
CIMG19231.jpg

This was wonderfully helpful keltic. :hug: :love: I caught that Kraize hangs his individually? That's what I'd like to do, so my challenge is how to wire them up. I'll have to swing through his grow.

Awesome write up! Just assembled a 100 watt cxb3590 and put it over a blue dream auto and Royal Kushmatic. Never had plants grow this fast and strong.

Wondering if heat has been an issue for you? I saw over in Sue's journal you were wishing you had placed the driver outside of the tent.
It hasn't been an issue yet, just wondering if 4 cobs and a driver in a 2x2 space might cause some issues.
Thanks for the input

Wondering if heat has been an issue for you?

It has not been an issue. I am thinking more long term lifespan. I have only had them up since October last so I have not had them thru a summer. The driver is by far the hottest part of the set up but I have them dimmed down to about 50% right now the heatsinks get warm but not hot above say 75%. I also have little fans next to the heatsinks, I will try to get a picture today.

For example sake, I believe my tent is running about 3 degrees Fahrenheit above the room temperature, Doesn't seem hot to me.

Gotta have a coffee break before checking the tent, GrateDay

I just set my 250w kit up the other day the plant loves the light.
I woke this morning and realized they dont produce enough heat at 50% to warm my tent.

My ole lady turned off the furnace and the thermostat read 66°f my tent was at 70°f

Anyway ill be following along for this one for sure

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:thanks: for stopping by.

I like to shoot for 65-68F at night and 77-82°F lights on. A little cooler temp can bring out the purple in my Pakistani.

So here is a look at what my new temperature monitor with probe looked like this morning. At about 3-4 hours after lights on.

This is outside the tent right next to the tent and actually above the exhaust of the tent which might make it warmer.
Call it 70F

CIMG2038.jpg

Here is the probe temp inside the tent.
Call it 72F.

CIMG20371.jpg

Yeah I know it is dry constant battle for me.

There is one other thing, ya gotta remember I have a small tent so heat from the lights is right at my canopy. My light heat issues are frequently different from everyone else.

My tent size is 30 inch wide by 18 inch deep and 36 inch high.

be right back coffee break

Ah now I remember.:geek:

I got some shots of the fans I place around the heatsinks.
In the intake sock behind the fan is another small fan drawing in outside air.
CIMG2039.jpg

Then continuing along to the right along the frame is a fan between the 2 middle lights, just to create air movement to help with the radiation of heat, so It draws air from one and blows toward the other. A third small fan is blowing across the 4th light the exhaust is right down stream from the other side of the light. I hope that makes sense.
CIMG2040.jpg
I added the last fan because I could feel that 4th light was a little warmer than the others. I want to extend the lifespan of the lights as much as possible.
They are almost cool to the touch. if that is possible. :tommy:

I also did a light lux on my iPhone app test this morning. Not scientific or exact just an Idea of what full power did and then where I am running them right now.

Here is the where I run the dimmer at half power or about 50% position. The dimmer may not be exactly linear so not exact 50%. Just an idea.
I call it 8500-9500
CIMG2046.jpg

Then again at full power was going from 12000~15000
CIMG20441.jpg

Here is a look at the under sides of my ACE seeds pure Pakistani Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan ~5 weeks in flower.
Lights at about 50 % on the dimmer dial
CIMG20511.jpg

That is all I got for today, CheerZ! :cheer:

Looking good there KelticBlue, I love how cool these lights run with just a little assistance from the internal fans in the tent.

I'm not currently doing a journal at the moment SweetSue as I'm growing all sorts including my own seeds, crossed Incredible Bulk and White Strawberry Skunk and I'm avoiding any embarrassment whilst I get used to the strain, heavy feeders the greedy bleeders lol. There are some pictures of my newly built lights in my gallery, be warned though they look a bit of a mess, but they work perfectly and they only cost me £25 per 50w single driven COB and I don't think that price has been matched or beaten anywhere else yet :thumb:

they only cost me £25 per 50w single driven COB and I don't think that price has been matched or beaten anywhere else yet :thumb:

:thanks: Kriaze. That is quite a price point.

I also going to go back over your Photog tips under LED once I get off me arse. I want to play with 'white balance bracketing'. Hope my lazy bird of a self can see that through.

cheers K

Looking good there KelticBlue, I love how cool these lights run with just a little assistance from the internal fans in the tent.

I'm not currently doing a journal at the moment SweetSue as I'm growing all sorts including my own seeds, crossed Incredible Bulk and White Strawberry Skunk and I'm avoiding any embarrassment whilst I get used to the strain, heavy feeders the greedy bleeders lol. There are some pictures of my newly built lights in my gallery, be warned though they look a bit of a mess, but they work perfectly and they only cost me £25 per 50w single driven COB and I don't think that price has been matched or beaten anywhere else yet :thumb:

I gained my notoriety in the tiny closet with CFLs hanging freely as individuals. Scared the beejeebers out of some of the members, but I grew trichomes like mad. I'm not intimidated by cords hanging everywhere. Looking at your pictures made my heart pump faster. :laughtwo: It's a matter of finding a way to suspend them securely. The smaller ones only have two holes, one on each side. I'd be happier with another couple holes for stability.

Hash Hound's going to hook up with me some afternoon and we'll make it a project. Then he gets to take my Timber Vero240 home to play with and Dan gains another customer. Lol! We all know once he tries one light he'll want more. :cheesygrinsmiley:

These are the most amazing lights for growing cannabis. Easy on the eyes too, something I greatly appreciate.

Thanks again for the info!
Funny enough I have been looking at those same fans over in the rainforest. Right now I have a small 6in fan blowing over the top of the heat sinks but having 1 fan just for that is just taking up a little more space than I like.

Now that I see your tent is only 36" high it makes complete sense to mount the driver outside.

. . . . .

Now that I see your tent is only 36" high it makes complete sense to mount the driver outside.

You are absolutely welcome.

We live in a studio apartment and my wife doesn't want a big tent in our living/bedroom so I grow behind our couch. I keep the grow area small and well contained, most days.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom