200 Watt Cree CXB3590 4 COB Grow Light Kit

Thanks for stopping by growingmaster :ciao:

got an update on my COB dimmer use. I have been doing reading and such. It seems lowering the dim changes the wavelength shorter. So as i under stand it I run my 3500K at less than full I am getting slightly bluer light that I would at full power. Here is a little compiled quote from some research sources.
not a direct quote mind.....

Variations in the LED’s correlated color temperature (CCT) or color temperature in Kelvin (K) will change as the forward voltage/forward current changes, the CCT quantitatively defines the LED light temperature. The CCT determines the LED’s apparent warmth and is a key measure of light quality. Manufacturers specify an LED’s CCT at a specific forward voltage/forward current operating point. In particular, the LED maker offers no guarantees about devices from the same bin producing the same CCT at any point other than the recommended operating point.

Lowering the forward voltage/forward current has a subtle effect on the wavelength of the light emitted by the blue LED at the heart of most of today’s ‘white’ LED products. Modern high-brightness LEDs for lighting applications combine a royal blue LED with an yttrium-aluminum-garnet (YAG) phosphor. Some of the LED’s blue photons escape directly from the device while most combine with the phosphor resulting in (primarily) yellow emissions. The combination of blue and yellow light is a good approximation of white light. It turns out that reducing the forward voltage – to dim the output – moves the dominant frequency to a slightly shorter wavelength.

So here is some picture of my use of the dimmer potentio-meter knob thingy.

First up is full Dim as low as it goes.
CIMG2489.jpg

Next up is full Power, full blast, as bright as it can be in theory 3500k for the CREE COB.
CIMG2488.jpg

This is where i put the knob when I plan on being in the tent under the light for some time to keep it easier on the eyes.
CIMG2491.jpg

And this is where I am running it as I veg plants, I plan on increasing the light as I go toward flower.
CIMG2492.jpg

As I understand PWM dimming is a different sort of thing and not what I am talking about here. Still learning about the pwm things...

Another quote thing here:
During the ON cycle of the PWM train, the LED is powered at the recommended forward voltage/forward current operating point – ensuring that the CCT is within the datasheet parameters.

Keltic very intereting.i had my cobs on 50percent power as adviced by the light maker.but i noticed my seeds had stretched over night.so i put them back to 100 percent until my beans are strong enough then im gna lower the power again.happy growing;)

Keltic very intereting.i had my cobs on 50percent power as adviced by the light maker.but i noticed my seeds had stretched over night.so i put them back to 100 percent until my beans are strong enough then im gna lower the power again.happy growing;)

I would not go by me but if the light maker recommended it I bet they are going by the same information. If you copy some of what I quoted and paste into googll you should find the same article.

This is my reference light meter reading I will increase from here. Super skunk auto in the picture.
CIMG1525.jpg

The heatsinks are cool to the touch on top. No exaggeration. I put my hand right on top and it isn't noticeably warmer at all.

Hey kelticBlue, I've been running Cobs for a yr now and love them. Here are some pics of mine. Very similar to yours. I'm using the Vero 2 chips at 150 Watts.
Friend of mind builds these and is currently building me another set of 2 like these to help with the flower stage. They really ain't that hard to build!..✌️
420-magazine-mobile788498909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1858528127.jpg

Hey kelticBlue, I've been running Cobs for a yr now and love them. Here are some pics of mine. Very similar to yours. I'm using the Vero 2 chips at 150 Watts.
Friend of mind builds these and is currently building me another set of 2 like these to help with the flower stage. They really ain't that hard to build!..✌️
420-magazine-mobile788498909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1858528127.jpg

420-magazine-mobile48690557.jpg

This is them in my 4x4 tent. The other 2 will hang next to these as soon as i get them.

Thems some beautiful lights. First class all the way.
I encourage the diy build if ya can. I really cannot do much because I live in a small studio apartment and all my tools are gone or elsewhere. But these light I could do easy peazy lemon squeezie. Not as nice as yours but then I am rough around the edges too.

Yours are really nice! Enjoy!

I dunno if I added to this thread but I have added a far red puck for flowering. I give the light cycle some red in the last 15-30 min. they seem to like a touch of red and the end of life.

Thems some beautiful lights. First class all the way.
I encourage the diy build if ya can. I really cannot do much because I live in a small studio apartment and all my tools are gone or elsewhere. But these light I could do easy peazy lemon squeezie. Not as nice as yours but then I am rough around the edges too.

Yours are really nice! Enjoy!

I dunno if I added to this thread but I have added a far red puck for flowering. I give the light cycle some red in the last 15-30 min. they seem to like a touch of red and the end of life.

Yep got some red coming, thanks bro!!

Nice build. Thanks for sharing. I noticed you using an accurite hygrometer. Do yourself a favor and invest $10 in an analog just to keep it honest. i've thrown away all of my accurites after checking them against known good temp and humidity readings. they were off sometimes by more than 25%.

Nice build. Thanks for sharing. I noticed you using an accurite hygrometer. Do yourself a favor and invest $10 in an analog just to keep it honest. i've thrown away all of my accurites after checking them against known good temp and humidity readings. they were off sometimes by more than 25%.
Thanks for the info, that's a very old picture thow. I have a better temp gauge now and also im growing with the Optic 6 Led. My Cob lights are for vegging now only...;)

Well the lights are Vegging grate on my pure Pakistan Chitral Kush x Kali China Yunnan.

A look back, at 5 days old. PCKxKaliChina
CIMG1804.jpg

Then,Ten Days later growing up.

CIMG18561.jpg

I can see it growing from when I check on it in the morning to later that day.
This plant is loving these lights.
What is a good seedling dirt to use? I have tried two and I am not liking the growth as it is slow af or seems to be anyways... I a thinking next go will be in straight EWC for seed starting anyways.

Back
Top Bottom