Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

So here's my new shopping list. I'll have all this going in the next couple months. I'll slowly acquire everything, instead of making on huge shopping trip.

Equipment List

Description Quantity Price Total

Nutes
FloraGro 1 $10.95 $10.95
FloraBlend 1 $10.95 $10.95

Lights
Valuline 1K watt Switchable Ballast, Lumen Aire 6" Rflector 1 $279.95 $279.95
1000w Hortilux HPS Bulb 1 $94.95 $94.95
Light Rail 3.5 6 RPM w/Adjustable Time Delay 1 $234.95 $234.95

Environment Controls
AIR-3 Temp/Hum/CO2 Controller 1 $229.95 $229.95
CO2 Regulator/Emitter 1 $129.95 $129.95
20 lb Aluminum CO2 Tank 1 $169.95 $169.95
Organic Air Fiber Filter 10'' Max C.F.M. 4000 1 $259.95 $259.95
ValuLine 6' 435 c.f.m. Blower 1 $119.95 $119.95
6'' Clip Fan 4 $19.95 $79.80

Ebb & Flow System
3.5 Gallon Black Buckets 26 $5.49 $142.74
10" Net Pot Bucket Lids 26 $3.49 $90.74
(50 Count) 3/4" Barbed Tees 1 $19.95 $19.95
(10 Count) 3/4" Barbed Elbows 1 $4.95 $4.95
(25 Count) 1/2" Grommets 1 $11.95 $11.95
1/2" Gromments 3 $0.70 $2.10
(100 ft. Roll) 3/4" Black Vinyl Tube 1 $79.95 $79.95
Via Aqua 130 ghp Submergable Water Pump 4 $9.95 $39.80
GE 7 Day, 8 Outlet Power Saving Strip Timer 2 $19.97 $39.94
Intermatic 15 minute Grounded Timer 2 $12.95 $25.90
55 Gallon Water Barrels 4 $20.00 $80.00

Growing Medium
Hydrotron Grow Rocks - 50 Liter Bag 3 $34.95 $104.85

Sub Total $2,264.17
Tax (9.25%) $209.4357
Grand Total $2,473.61

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Just a thought but I would not think you are having a N dif. only because the color of the plant from what I can tell looks great. I would lean more towards the over watering or maybe over feeding. I have one plant that has started to look like that after I upped the nutes. I did the same for all my plants but it seemed to only affect one plants that happened to be a different stain from the rest so my thought was that the one stain is just more sensitive to nutes, so I flushed the plants and it is looking better already and will have to mix a less strong food for her. Pain I know. Just a thought....

Just a thought but I would not think you are having a N dif. only because the color of the plant from what I can tell looks great. I would lean more towards the over watering or maybe over feeding. I have one plant that has started to look like that after I upped the nutes. I did the same for all my plants but it seemed to only affect one plants that happened to be a different stain from the rest so my thought was that the one stain is just more sensitive to nutes, so I flushed the plants and it is looking better already and will have to mix a less strong food for her. Pain I know. Just a thought....

Good thought!

I agree with the over feeding. I was only watering 4 times per day at first. So my roots were almost drying out completely before they got water again. So I upped that a little from 4 to 7. My plants are looking healthier, but that one plant is still ugly. As for the N deficientcy. All my other plants are nice, healthy and green. So I dont think its that.

I found out last night that my PH meter has been acting crazy. I've tested it every day before each use, and one day I was .4 off. The next day the meter was .7 off. So I'm starting to think that I may have been causing lockout due to my crappy PH meter and the PH being way off. We'll see. I'm calibrating it every time before I use it now and my PH seems to be pretty stable, with my meter correct.

So we'll see. I'm going to push my nutes a little more to see what happens and make sure my PH is correct. If I'm over feeding, then the other plants should get worse when I bump it up a notch. We'll see. I'm going to play around with it a little and see what happens.

Here's some buds that I picked up from a local collective in Mira Loma today. The collective was pretty ghetto, with people getting in with library cards as ID. So I wont mention any names, but we'll see what there working with as far as buds go.

This is called "Hog". I'll post a quick smoke report tomorrow, even though I didnt grow it. Maybe tonight if I can stay awake.

Oh.. and I got my Veg room up and running at 50%. I'll post some pictures of that later.

Here's the Hog...

DSC_01582.jpg

DSC_01592.jpg

DSC_01602.jpg

Got some monsters in there...
Yoda kinda threw me I was like whos this guy and howd I get subscribed lol.
Good video.

Nice video.

Thanks a lot Stealthy1, onthe420train and southernboy30.

So I just got my seeds from Single seeds this morning. I'll probably start the germination process tomorrow after I get some rockwool cubes ready to go. Then next week, I'll be taking clones from my flowering plants. See how that goes.

Well... here's some pictures. I'm still waiting on my Super Lemon Haze from Attitude. I placed that 2 orders at the same time.

DSC_02191.jpg

DSC_02211.jpg

DSC_02201.jpg

DSC_02231.jpg

DSC_02241.jpg

DSC_02251.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

nice seed selection, too~!

Thanks man. I'm hoping that Kali Mist makes it and turns out to be a female. My fingers are crossed for that one. All the rest Im not to worried about. I have 3 more feminized strains on there way. The one Im most excited about is the Super Lemon Haze from GreenHouse.

Right now Im debating how Im going to germinate these seeds. I dont know if I'm going to take the wet paper towel method or if Im just going to condition some rock wool cubes and toss the seeds in there and place them in my clone dome. Which way would you go? Both ways I have a pretty good sprout percentage, but with this.. I have one shot per strain. I didnt pay much for the seeds, so its not too big of a deal I guess, but I would really like for them all to sprout. If I get males... thats fine with me. Then I can cross 2 strains and make up my own, which I think would be pretty cool cause I get to name it, unless of course its already been crossed before.

I think Im going to throw them in a cup of water and let them soak over night. Then go from there tomorrow.

would skip the paper towel and just use a little bit of water - soak them, once they sink plant em. Should not take long. I'm interested how you condition the rockwool?

Right now Im debating how Im going to germinate these seeds. I dont know if I'm going to take the wet paper towel method or if Im just going to condition some rock wool cubes and toss the seeds in there and place them in my clone dome. Which way would you go? Both ways I have a pretty good sprout percentage, but with this.. I have one shot per strain. I didnt pay much for the seeds, so its not too big of a deal I guess, but I would really like for them all to sprout. If I get males... thats fine with me. Then I can cross 2 strains and make up my own, which I think would be pretty cool cause I get to name it, unless of course its already been crossed before.

I think Im going to throw them in a cup of water and let them soak over night. Then go from there tomorrow.

With all my seeds including the SLH I soaked them about 24 hrs until they were cracked and the tap root was showing then simply planted them in FFOF soil in 1 gallon pots. The SLH cracked in about 24 hours, I checked on them pretty regularly after 12 hours or so. They had sprouted within a day of planting.

Great info. Thanks KiwiKing and 420train. I've had a few glasses of strong wine to try and get rid of this nasty hangover that I have.. but on the plus side... I got my Super Lemon Haze in this morning. I'm excited as hell. I'll be posting some pictures soon. I got an ugly shirt with my Attitude Seeds bank seeds. lol. So I'l post em soon.

Congrats on getting all those great seeds. Enjoy and good luck...

Great Video, and Great Seeds!

As far as germinating method - whatever you have done before that works!

If you experiment with the rockwool know that its all about 100% drainage. You can water it basically however you want, whenever you want and however much you want. If it has 100% drainage it will return to 50/50 air/water.

Edit: I tested this a few nights ago as a matter of fact. Just fill the tub. Dunk the cube as long as you want. Then lift it out. It will drain at about the same rate till it reaches the 50/50 then just stop. Second I put one cube on top of the other and got the same result as far as flow, but it took 2x as long to drain. Then I did two cubes stacked and at about half the time I flipped the stack. And there was no flow until the water in the top one returned down. In other words the cubes drain in about a minute or two to exactly 50/50 and stay there until it is used or evaporates.

I don't like the rockwool for seeds. Great for clones. Sucks for seeds. Unless you're gonna stay rockwool through harvest.

Now I'm gonna watch your video a third time.

+Reps if I can.

would skip the paper towel and just use a little bit of water - soak them, once they sink plant em. Should not take long. I'm interested how you condition the rockwool?

Conditioning...... Well.... I get me nutes to about 200-350 ppm. Then I let them sit there for a couple days. The PH will slowly rise. After about 2 days of adding PH down, I'll put the water in on the cubes. I guess I call that prepping the cubes.

Back
Top Bottom