Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Did you notice on the single seed customs form how they "signed" your name...? TBH I was a little taken aback when I saw that on my package.

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

I got my last order of seed the other day. I ordered these from Attitude. Super Lemon Haze. I cant wait to get these growing. I started the germination process last night. Here's a few pictures.

DSC_02691.jpg

DSC_02701.jpg

DSC_02711.jpg

DSC_02721.jpg

DSC_02731.jpg

DSC_02751.jpg

Here's all of them together...
DSC_02771.jpg

I havent posting pictures of my flowering plants in a while. Se here are some. I'm on day 27 of flowering. So Im at the end of my 3rd week. There looking pretty nice. Check em out and let me know what you think.

Pure Power plant
DSC_03101.jpg

OG Kush
DSC_03091.jpg

DSC_03051.jpg

DSC_03041.jpg

DSC_03031.jpg

DSC_03011.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

I added a couple jugs that have sugar water and yeast in them. One's connected to the back of the fan by air lines with holes in them and the other is just left open in front of my intake vent. Its probably not adding much CO2, but its something. I'll get a real CO2 system in about a month or two.
DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

Very nice looking ladies, you are well on your way, won't be long now... Great job...

Thats the senders signature.

I noticed your was signed for, mine wasn't...it was the most expensive shipping option, don't remember what it was called. Mine definitely said receivers signature I remember thinking was strange because how could I possibly sign for it. Anyway...Your plants look amazing. Love the color on them.

Great Video, and Great Seeds!

As far as germinating method - whatever you have done before that works!

If you experiment with the rockwool know that its all about 100% drainage. You can water it basically however you want, whenever you want and however much you want. If it has 100% drainage it will return to 50/50 air/water.

Edit: I tested this a few nights ago as a matter of fact. Just fill the tub. Dunk the cube as long as you want. Then lift it out. It will drain at about the same rate till it reaches the 50/50 then just stop. Second I put one cube on top of the other and got the same result as far as flow, but it took 2x as long to drain. Then I did two cubes stacked and at about half the time I flipped the stack. And there was no flow until the water in the top one returned down. In other words the cubes drain in about a minute or two to exactly 50/50 and stay there until it is used or evaporates.

I don't like the rockwool for seeds. Great for clones. Sucks for seeds. Unless you're gonna stay rockwool through harvest.

Now I'm gonna watch your video a third time.

+Reps if I can.

I have to +1 on rockwool being bad for seeds I notice when I was trying to germ my free seeds last time I used rockwool and although most were crushed from shipping and not viable I found that rockwool allows mold or fungus to grow easily on the seeds Ive heard that this can even kill viable seeds as well but I mostly had it on the ones that didnt sprout possibly because they sat there longer than the others.

I had better luck with paper towel then placed gently into rockwool.
I think I might try to germ in soil next to see if I like the results better.

Thos buds are shaping up nicely man, you should be happy with the crop!

I'm very happy. Just a little impatient. I want them to swell up already. lol. This is my first decent crop. I've grown before but nothing like this. So I want to fast forward time to the last week of flowering.

They look nice. You got really good colors under the HPS with your camera.

Thanks. I have an SLR camera. So I've been messing around with the settings until I came up with that. I try to capture most of the flash instead of the yellow HPS light.

Great Video, and Great Seeds!

As far as germinating method - whatever you have done before that works!

If you experiment with the rockwool know that its all about 100% drainage. You can water it basically however you want, whenever you want and however much you want. If it has 100% drainage it will return to 50/50 air/water.

Edit: I tested this a few nights ago as a matter of fact. Just fill the tub. Dunk the cube as long as you want. Then lift it out. It will drain at about the same rate till it reaches the 50/50 then just stop. Second I put one cube on top of the other and got the same result as far as flow, but it took 2x as long to drain. Then I did two cubes stacked and at about half the time I flipped the stack. And there was no flow until the water in the top one returned down. In other words the cubes drain in about a minute or two to exactly 50/50 and stay there until it is used or evaporates.

I don't like the rockwool for seeds. Great for clones. Sucks for seeds. Unless you're gonna stay rockwool through harvest.

Now I'm gonna watch your video a third time.

+Reps if I can.

Thanks a lot Papa Green. Man.. I didnt even see your comment. Must have been because my journal got switched over to another page.

Well, I decided to just go the paper towel method. First I soaked them for 24 hours in tap water. All of the seeds sank to the bottoms of the cup except for two. Then I stuck them in wet napkins that I wet with 200ppm strength nutes, 5.5ph. So far they have all cracked open exposing the tap root. So first thing tomorrow I'm going to put them in my rock wool cubes. Then stick them in my clone dome under light and wait for them to come up.

I have to +1 on rockwool being bad for seeds I notice when I was trying to germ my free seeds last time I used rockwool and although most were crushed from shipping and not viable I found that rockwool allows mold or fungus to grow easily on the seeds Ive heard that this can even kill viable seeds as well but I mostly had it on the ones that didnt sprout possibly because they sat there longer than the others.

I had better luck with paper towel then placed gently into rockwool.
I think I might try to germ in soil next to see if I like the results better.

They sat for 24 hours in tap water and now they've been in wet paper towels for 24 hours. They've all cracked open except for 2. So tomorrow morning I'll be sticking them in the cubes. Actually.... I'm debating on whether or not to let them sit in the wet towels for a little longer. Maybe a day or 2 extra. Not sure yet. What do you think? The taproot is just barely sticking out. Toss em in rockwool, or let them sit for an extra day or more and then put them in the cubes?

As soon as you see tap root Id move it to cube the taproot can grow really fast and will start to put out tiny hairs that will penetrate the paper towel and ultimately break off when its moved. Im sure it will recover from that but the longer the tap root gets the harder it is to handle or put in the cube.
I had one of my seeds take about a week to germ in the paper towel then when it finally cracked that tap root was about 2" before I even saw it...
Thats my 2 coppers at least. =P

As soon as you see tap root Id move it to cube the taproot can grow really fast and will start to put out tiny hairs that will penetrate the paper towel and ultimately break off when its moved. Im sure it will recover from that but the longer the tap root gets the harder it is to handle or put in the cube.
I had one of my seeds take about a week to germ in the paper towel then when it finally cracked that tap root was about 2" before I even saw it...
Thats my 2 coppers at least. =P

I threw them all in cubes this morning. Im really hoping for the Kali Mist to sprout. That and my Super Lemon Haze. I wont be too upset if the others didnt make it. I can always order more.

I'm getting camera happy. Anyway... here's a few more pics from today....

DSC_0335.jpg

DSC_03382.jpg

DSC_03392.jpg

DSC_03471.jpg

Here's my Lemon Skunk. Obviously a Sativa. This one is tall. Its growing up into the light, but I dont want to move the light up just for one plant. Its still fine, but a few more inches and it might have some heat issues.
DSC_03601.jpg

I would do a little LST to that lemon if it gets too tall.

Back
Top Bottom