Tims First Hydro Grow- Tons of Pics! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, PPP

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

If you haven't already you should check out Papa Greens grow. He seems to have nailed it on the head with his co2.

Re: Tims First Hydro Grow- TONS OF PICS! -Need Help OG Kush, Lm Skunk, GWS, Church, P

Here's an update.....

I took these pictures yesterday. Day 15 of flowering and week 3 for the clones.

Here's the clones. Got a lot of new growth going on. Need to get these girls under a stronger light.
DSCN26171.jpg

DSCN26381.jpg

Here's a couple close up on some tops.
DSCN26212.jpg

DSCN26231.jpg

Group picture. There all at about 3 ft right now.
DSCN26181.jpg

DSCN26371.jpg

Great White Shark
DSCN26281.jpg

OG Kush
DSCN2630.jpg

Lemon Skunk
DSCN2629.jpg

2 of my PPP's. Left and to the right.
DSCN2631.jpg

I thought this was a cool picture. Covered up the flash on accident.
DSCN26271.jpg

and then theres this one. I still dont know whats wrong with this. I've seen a few leaves on my other plants starting to look like this, so I'm starting to get concerned again. Any help would be great.
DSCN26341.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

PH: 5.5 - 6.0
PPM: 1200 - 1400
1,000 Watt HPS - 16" from plant tops
Ebb & Flow - 6 bucket system - Floods 7 times per day - 45 minutes each cycle
Temps: 65 - 78 degrees.
RH: 30 - 55%
Week 3 of Flowering
GH 3 part nutes
Cal Mag
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend
Liquid KoolBloom

If anyone could help with the above plant, I'd appreciate it. It wasnt a big deal at first, but Im seeing the inward leaf curling starting to effect other plants now.

PH: 5.5 - 6.0
PPM: 1200 - 1400
1,000 Watt HPS - 16" from plant tops
Ebb & Flow - 6 bucket system - Floods 7 times per day - 45 minutes each cycle
Temps: 65 - 78 degrees.
RH: 30 - 55%
Week 3 of Flowering
GH 3 part nutes
Cal Mag
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend
Liquid KoolBloom

Hey man the only thing is a 45 minute flood time is pretty long. Most ebb & flood sources recommend a maximum flood the root zone time frame of 30 minutes before problems. i do a max of 10 minutes and partial floods of 3 to 7 minutes, but my system is much smaller. Other than that I have a plant that looks similar to the curling down plant - don't think its root bound. I don't think those leaves will recover - mine didn't, but my plant is much smaller. Some of the plant looks normal - some looks like that - it is flowering quite well either way.

You're gonna get a good answer to your question from grow support I bet. But on the off chance it takes a little while, I'll toss in some thoughts.

First - I think the leaves are curling because the cells on the underside are not getting enough of something.

1 - Either they lack water to make the cell walls rigid, which seems unlikely here, but double check the plant's roots and watering system (hoses for kinks, timers, etc...).

2 - They lack some nute. Some of the nutes promote cell growth and cell wall strength. There are some good guides for that and I would check them. Those symptoms are pretty pronounced and I bet you find something that fits. And remember lockout can cause a deficiency. And almost guaranteed if its a nute problem, the recommended fix will be a good flush, then a well balanced nute feeding.

Finally, I think 420train is right about the long waterings. I have experimented with everything from 10 minutes up to half hour and more and less often and my plants show no super big differences, but I think they prefer the shorter times a little more. I now do 15 on 75 off during the day and one feeding at night and they seem to be happy. One thing I did do when changing up their waterings is adjust the ppm a little differently. I used the guideline: more feedings = lower ppm by a little.

BTW - I saw the stuff about the CO2. Great investment. Believe the hype about getting 20-30% more. But also realize you will need 20-30% more of most other things like nutes and space. And temps should come up as well when using the co2. Not 20% though - but I found from 77F to 81F was a good change. Some folks go higher. The real key to CO2 is making sure you get it in there and keep it there. That's not always easy depending on the room and fans.

There's a well medicated post for ya. Sorry to ramble.

I am having the same problem with the leaves on the plants. I am thinking about flushing the system over night, then adding 50% recommend dose nutes and increasing over 2 days. I am using 3 part GH.

Hey man the only thing is a 45 minute flood time is pretty long. Most ebb & flood sources recommend a maximum flood the root zone time frame of 30 minutes before problems. i do a max of 10 minutes and partial floods of 3 to 7 minutes, but my system is much smaller. Other than that I have a plant that looks similar to the curling down plant - don't think its root bound. I don't think those leaves will recover - mine didn't, but my plant is much smaller. Some of the plant looks normal - some looks like that - it is flowering quite well either way.

It takes 15 minutes to fill my whole system. Then 20-30 minutes to drain it. The only way I could get it to flood and drain faster would be to get bigger lines. 3/4 inch instead of half inch that I have on there now. I plan on getting bigger lines, but for right now I'm stuck with how it is. I know PitViper says that his flood cycles take an hour because of how big his system is. So I dont think my 30-45 minutes is hurting the plants any.

You're gonna get a good answer to your question from grow support I bet. But on the off chance it takes a little while, I'll toss in some thoughts.

First - I think the leaves are curling because the cells on the underside are not getting enough of something.

1 - Either they lack water to make the cell walls rigid, which seems unlikely here, but double check the plant's roots and watering system (hoses for kinks, timers, etc...).

2 - They lack some nute. Some of the nutes promote cell growth and cell wall strength. There are some good guides for that and I would check them. Those symptoms are pretty pronounced and I bet you find something that fits. And remember lockout can cause a deficiency. And almost guaranteed if its a nute problem, the recommended fix will be a good flush, then a well balanced nute feeding.

Finally, I think 420train is right about the long waterings. I have experimented with everything from 10 minutes up to half hour and more and less often and my plants show no super big differences, but I think they prefer the shorter times a little more. I now do 15 on 75 off during the day and one feeding at night and they seem to be happy. One thing I did do when changing up their waterings is adjust the ppm a little differently. I used the guideline: more feedings = lower ppm by a little.

BTW - I saw the stuff about the CO2. Great investment. Believe the hype about getting 20-30% more. But also realize you will need 20-30% more of most other things like nutes and space. And temps should come up as well when using the co2. Not 20% though - but I found from 77F to 81F was a good change. Some folks go higher. The real key to CO2 is making sure you get it in there and keep it there. That's not always easy depending on the room and fans.

There's a well medicated post for ya. Sorry to ramble.

I keep hearing stuff about nute deficiency. But look at the rest of the plants. There doing great. There are a few leaves on one or two other plants that have that same inward curl to it, but for the most part 99.99% of all of the other leaves on my plants are doing great.

I am becoming concerned now, because a few more leaves are showing these traits, when before only that one plant was like that. No others. I dont think my flooding cycle is an issue, but I will check that pot to make sure that its getting enough water.

Hey dude what ever happened to your mexi-bag seeds? The best bud i've ever smoked came from that, you never know what will pop out. Your plants look great.

Looks like it could be a nitrogen Diff...Do you use bloodmeal?

Hey dude what ever happened to your mexi-bag seeds? The best bud i've ever smoked came from that, you never know what will pop out. Your plants look great.

Lol. Tossed em outside. I ran out of room, so I had to. The guy they came from usually has pretty crappy weed. I did get some new seeds the other day. The weed they came from looked like crap, but surprisingly wasnt too bad. So I saved those seeds. As soon as I transfer my clones over to the next room, which will be in the next couple days, I'll plant those mex-bag seeds.

I have a nice batch of new seeds on there way in. So I'll put the mex-bag seed seeds with that batch of plants.

Not unless there's some in the nutes that I use.

General Hydroponics
FloraGro
FloraMicro
FloraBloom
Cal Mag
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend
Liquid KoolBloom

Those have (N)itrogen in them but no bloodmeal. Bloodmeal is a high N additive. Older plants near the end of their life cycle will use up N in the leaves if they aren't getting it from another source. These leave will "wilt" in a similar fashion as yours are, and can also yellow. I'm not seeing any yellowing, but that doesn't mean they aren't lacking N. Here is a pic of a late life plant that is using the N from it's leaves. As you can see, there is yellowing but the leave look dead on as yours do.

ndef.jpg

I wouldn't go out and buy some blood meal right away, but wait until grow support comments.

Good luck!

P.S. Flushing is always advisable

Those have (N)itrogen in them but no bloodmeal. Bloodmeal is a high N additive. Older plants near the end of their life cycle will use up N in the leaves if they aren't getting it from another source. These leave will "wilt" in a similar fashion as yours are, and can also yellow. I'm not seeing any yellowing, but that doesn't mean they aren't lacking N. Here is a pic of a late life plant that is using the N from it's leaves. As you can see, there is yellowing but the leave look dead on as yours do.

ndef.jpg

I wouldn't go out and buy some blood meal right away, but wait until grow support comments.

Good luck!

P.S. Flushing is always advisable

Yeah, I saw that picture before and was thinking the same thing. I think Im just going to switch nutes all together.

I'm going to flush the system in a couple days. I have my PPM set at 1,400 now. I just bumped it up to that the other day to see how the plants will react to the high PPM. So I'm giving it a couple more days, then I'm going to flush.

This is exactly whats in my res right now.

Nutes14.jpg

I'm thinking about switching to either Home & Garden or Dutch Masters. I still have a little more research to do on them both. If I change my mind about those then its going to be Advanced Nutes.

I havent heard many good things about GH, other than there simple to use and good for beginners. To me, thats not a very good reason to use them.

This is exactly whats in my res right now.[/IMG]

I'm thinking about switching to either Home & Garden or Dutch Masters. I still have a little more research to do on them both. If I change my mind about those then its going to be Advanced Nutes.

I havent heard many good things about GH, other than there simple to use and good for beginners. To me, thats not a very good reason to use them.

Man, that's quite a soup there. I used the Stealth Hydroponics nutes for veg, I hear lots of complaints about them, but look at my plants. Then for flower I've been using the Advanced Sensi A&B and that's it. I bought the Big Bud additive for flowering, but it messed with my fans leaves, they started yellowing and falling off. So I dropped the Big Bud and just went with the A&B and my plants have done great.

I've also started adding Super Thrive and then just this week I've been adding Liquid Carbo Load, I've got about a week left.

I've kept things pretty simple and it's worked pretty good for me.

Man, that's quite a soup there. I used the Stealth Hydroponics nutes for veg, I hear lots of complaints about them, but look at my plants. Then for flower I've been using the Advanced Sensi A&B and that's it. I bought the Big Bud additive for flowering, but it messed with my fans leaves, they started yellowing and falling off. So I dropped the Big Bud and just went with the A&B and my plants have done great.

I've also started adding Super Thrive and then just this week I've been adding Liquid Carbo Load, I've got about a week left.

I've kept things pretty simple and it's worked pretty good for me.

Yeah. I've heard keeping it simple is the way to go, but I wanted to add these extra nutes because there organic and I've heard the organic nutes are a lot easier for your plants to use. So I thought I throw a combination of them both together.

I'll have to check out your grow right now.

Yeah. I've heard keeping it simple is the way to go, but I wanted to add these extra nutes because there organic and I've heard the organic nutes are a lot easier for your plants to use. So I thought I throw a combination of them both together.

I'll have to check out your grow right now.

So far it's worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom