Tip Uncovers $1,000,000 Marijuana Operation

Weedpipe

420 Member
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FL -- An anonymous tip to Hillsborough County Detectives helped uncover an indoor marijuana cultivating operation with a
street value of $1,000,000.

According to detectives, an anonymous tip raised concerns about suspicious activity at 8408 Lava Place in the Baycrest Community.

Detectives searched the home and found 35 6' tall marijuana plants being cultivated in two separate rooms equipped with ultraviolet lighting equipment
and other items needed to grow marijuana plants indoors.

The total weight of the plants was estimated at 300lbs with a street value of approximately $1,000,000.00.

Deputies arrested Mario Galdo-Garcia, Raidel Galdo-Garcia and Fabian Castillo on trafficking in marijuana and cultivation of marijuana charges.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Tampa Bay News
Author: Joey Davis
Copyright: 2010 The E.W. Scripps

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FL -- An anonymous tip to Hillsborough County Detectives helped uncover an indoor marijuana cultivating operation with a
street value of $1,000,000.

According to detectives, an anonymous tip raised concerns about suspicious activity at 8408 Lava Place in the Baycrest Community.

Detectives searched the home and found 35 6' tall marijuana plants being cultivated in two separate rooms equipped with ultraviolet lighting equipment
and other items needed to grow marijuana plants indoors.

The total weight of the plants was estimated at 300lbs with a street value of approximately $1,000,000.00.

Deputies arrested Mario Galdo-Garcia, Raidel Galdo-Garcia and Fabian Castillo on trafficking in marijuana and cultivation of marijuana charges.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: Tampa Bay News
Author: Joey Davis
Copyright: 2010 The E.W. Scripps

OK, Ive had my morning coffee so I know I'm awake and not half asleep. I'm not a mathematician but if I divide 300lbs by 35 plants I get roughly 8.75142857 lbs per plant. (Checking calculator again) Yep, 8.75142857. That's like, um, 8 & 3/4 lbs per 6ft plant, right? I'll need more coffee to work the $1,000,000.00 part... So class, what's wrong with this picture? :peace: MF

I'm sure the tres hombres banditos are thinking "Holy sheet esse, I did not theenk we grow so much. I think theese gringos, they do not know how to add too very good!":peace:MF

Hillsborough County Detective Jethro Bodine was given the task of getting the total weight of the plants, and was estimated at 300lbs.That works out if you weigh the plant dirt and container. When he was asked by his boss, how much did just the buds weigh, Jethro had a dumb look on his face and said I thought it was all pot?" That's cause I "grad-ge-ated" the sixth grade, ma'am. Only took three years". :peace:

Glad you cleared that up... and to think that I was ready to throw my girls out for poor production and get me some of those plant's...
:peace::biglaugh:

OK, Ive had my morning coffee so I know I'm awake and not half asleep. I'm not a mathematician but if I divide 300lbs by 35 plants I get roughly 8.75142857 lbs per plant. (Checking calculator again) Yep, 8.75142857. That's like, um, 8 & 3/4 lbs per 6ft plant, right? I'll need more coffee to work the $1,000,000.00 part... So class, what's wrong with this picture? :peace: MF

Very nice MF.

I think a million is low for street value of 300 lbs.

Very nice MF.

I think a million is low for street value of 300 lbs.

I agree at $320 per ounce I came up with $1,536000.00 dollars

I'm still working on the 8+pounds per a 6ft plant. No need to get all serious here boys...:peace: MF

This kind of thing happens all the time in FL, I should know I left three months ago. The fact of the matter is there are sooo many growhouses that are set up by Cuban DTO's(drug trafficking organizations) in FL. At least according to the DEA's annual report anyways. A bust like this does nothing to put these organization out of business. Which sucks if you live in FL, let me tell ya why. Most of the genetics found in FL are good to begin with, they are usually from other parts of the world. But good genetics don't matter when you grow said genes for profit and not for beauty. You and I both know when a crop has been harvested early, it usually sucks. Harsh, wet, un-even burning, mids is what good genetics usually turn into in FL. I lived all over in FL for the last three years, it wasnt just a givin area. I myself was working with a couple of suppliers when I was there, they all have this problem. I now live in CA, and have none of these problems :slide: I hope this was a little more insight for you guys.

I now live in CA, and have none of these problems :slide: I hope this was a little more insight for you guys.

Welcome. The climate here in California is much different then a year ago. That's good and bad, right? The bay area seems to some what imbrace it while SoCal is upside down. We are still a long way away from handling marijuana properly. Maybe that changes this November.

Now, if your charged with growing "300 lbs." of pot. And you go to court and say, no I didn't. And they say, yes you did, and charge you with it. And you say, ok... Then I want you to weigh it. It's going to be substantially less dry. Wouldn't you get off on that fact alone. The fact that 300 lbs of pot turned out to only be 75lbs dry. ??? false charge/case dismissed. or the fact that they weighed the pots r soil or wet roots or whatever.

Welcome. The climate here in California is much different then a year ago. That's good and bad, right? The bay area seems to some what imbrace it while SoCal is upside down. We are still a long way away from handling marijuana properly. Maybe that changes this November.

I hope your right about Nov., but I have my doubts. This is after all a Republican state. :straightface:

I hope your right about Nov., but I have my doubts. This is after all a Republican state. :straightface:

I don't know about it being a Obstructionist, I mean Republican State. Don't think just because we have a ring wing actor running things that they are in charge of the Assembly and the Senate. Most the of the state bills about marijuana have been supported primarly by democrats. I think the state will elect a democrat as governor in November while legalizing marijuana at the same time.

They must know something about ultra violet lighting that we dont ;)

they will prob weigh all my water...200 gallons...hydroton...I have no idea ....and all the pots and assorted stuff..2500 plus lbs....whoohoo @250 per oz is a cool 10 million...nice
watch for me in the headlines Weed Pipe..."Man busted with 10 million dollar operation" LMFAO

Back
Top Bottom