Tips for a new grower

Thank you to everyone who helped me so far, I just potted my seeds which have sprouted.
How heavy should i water it for its very first time ever?

Thank you to everyone who helped me so far, I just potted my seeds which have sprouted.
How heavy should i water it for its very first time ever?

As much as possible. For me, with new plants, watering is all or nothing. Drench as completely as possible. Now leave them alone...for weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley:
These might help you:
Watering thread #1
Watering thread #2

How much CFMs should my extractor fan have in a 140x80x170cm room ?. would 150 be enough for my space?

That is minimal, IMO. You want the air to turn over in 2 minutes, or less. My math tells me you have about 67 cu-ft. That means a 134 CFM fan would do the job IF it actually pulled that much. With no filter or duct loss, you just made it. With any losses, you didn't but are probably "close enough". The real problem is a lot of small fans are over rated by the manufacturer (sort of like LED ratings). Some duct fans are listed as "booster fans". Their ratings are completely bogus.

20160708_164113.jpg

20160708_163928.jpg

20160708_163757.jpg

Ok, I am pretty worried, one of them has only just had the seed fall off and instead of seeing a little green leaf its brown at the end, and advice on this?????

Also do they need watering in your opinion?

I have been worried i will kill them, I am lacking in so much experience.

From the pics they look OK. Sometimes they aren't the prettiest when they just sprout...give them a chance to get "made up".

Give yourself a chance as well. You're doing great and getting experience already. Take your time and enjoy a hobby which will enrich your life.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

From the pics they look OK. Sometimes they aren't the prettiest when they just sprout...give them a chance to get "made up".

Give yourself a chance as well. You're doing great and getting experience already. Take your time and enjoy a hobby which will enrich your life.

When would be a good time to water them, the 600w bulb is pretty hot and seems to dry the soil. I kept the bulb at a distance to keep it safe but do you think i need to water them ?

I've kept my brand new babies moist for the first few days by spraying them gently with a stream of water from a squeeze bottle for about the first 3-4 days. After that I started letting them get drier before watering. Keep a close watch on them -- they'll tell you how they're doing.

When did you last water?

I'm just looking at your recent pics again...do you have proper drainage in all your pots? Looks like some of the pots are old food containers. Do they have enough holes at the bottom?

20160709_120914.jpg
20160709_120909.jpg
20160709_120843.jpg

One of the plants only seems to have a single leaf which is facing upwards, Im pretty concerned.
Someone please look through these pictures and give me any advice on how they are :)

thank you

Please have a look at my latest pictures i upload to this thread. your advice is invaluable.

update. the plant with a single up-facing leaf the tip is starting to brown and i dont think that is a good sign at all.

also the little leafs are a darkish green.

All three of them look ok to me. Hard to see much brown there. I'd let them be another day before trying to "fix" anything.

Hey I just wanted to ask, Is it normal for the leaves to move abit in different directions.
because each day that i come downstairs and check on them the leaves seem to be bent or moves in a different direction. the plant looks fine just im curious if this is normal?

Back
Top Bottom