Tips for a new grower

Last question :0
Any tips on pot sizes and type, I was going to purchase plastic square 11L pots and some 4L Pots for when they are young.
Does that sound ok to you?

And also thank you for all your help its made me rethink alot.

If you can find square pots, or even rectangular storage bins, all the better to fit in the cupboard. You want to give them as much root space as possible. 4L pots are a good size for juveniles, but when they get rootbound, you'll want to up-pot to the 11L's to maturity.

Take some measurements of the actual inside of the cupboard, and take that list to the store. That way, you know how many of a particular size will fit. Plan ahead, esp if you will use the same cupboard for veg AND flower. Also, take into consideration how big these plants are going to get. They WILL get wider than the pot!

Do some research on the particular auto strain. I DO know, that strains are crossed with the shorter ruderalus for the auto trait, but the other side of the genetics may be a tall plant.

Dont autos have a lower yield? I was planning on getting some feminized seeds.
and hopefully a not to high plant. Also what are the best places for seeds, so far ive looked at sensi seeds and nirvana.
Ive read up on on reviews for nirvana and alot of people are saying alot of the seeds fail

Dont autos have a lower yield? I was planning on getting some feminized seeds.
and hopefully a not to high plant. Also what are the best places for seeds, so far ive looked at sensi seeds and nirvana.
Ive read up on on reviews for nirvana and alot of people are saying alot of the seeds fail

Autos DO have lower yields because strains are bred to ruderalis, which is auto, short, with less-than-desirable buds. You sacrifice some yield for the convenience of not having to mess with timers.

I have to agree that Nirvana seeds have a large failure rate. Of the 10 Bubbelicious I ordered, half had some kind of problem, failure to sprout, mutations so severe, the seedling perished (like no growing tip, one cotyledon). And two of the remainder were males, and a third has such poor genetics, its clones failed, except one. So I go 2 healthy plants out of 10. They DID include 10 discontinued mystery seeds. I sprouted one. It was a GORGEOUS plant, but turned out male. I am not ready to sprout the remaining unknowns, because I'm looking for Indicas this time around. It's what my family and I need.

I really like the Bubblelicious Indica-heavy strain, tho, and next time I will order it from another seed bank. BBL is a version of Bubblegum, and there are several versions out there to try, when I can no longer keep the BBL strain going.

I've only ordered once from Nirvana Seed, and altho their customer service and delivery is outstanding, The product I got was mostly trash. (Sorry, Nirvana.)

Look into getting some cfl's..some ppl say they don't work well enough but I'm here to prove them wrong..I did have a couple issues but just watch her she will tell you what's wrong..my grow had 300 watts total..veged for 5 weeks flowerd for 11 weeks..used a 5 gal smart pot and Fox Farm nutrients..170 grams 1 plant
20160405_004318.jpg
20160405_052911.jpg
20160405_060225.jpg
20160405_060649.jpg

Ok i set up my room and i have my seeds germinating in the paper towel method, they are just starting to crack.
But i wanted to ask, Im planting my seeds in biobizz light mix and im unsure on watering, do i pre-water the soil first? or do i plant the seedlings then water straight away?

Ok i set up my room and i have my seeds germinating in the paper towel method, they are just starting to crack.
But i wanted to ask, Im planting my seeds in biobizz light mix and im unsure on watering, do i pre-water the soil first? or do i plant the seedlings then water straight away?

I do both. Drench the soil completely. Add seed. Water in lightly (since the pot is already saturated).
Now the tough part. Leave it alone.

I do both. Drench the soil completely. Add seed. Water in lightly (since the pot is already saturated).
Now the tough part. Leave it alone.

would i add the seed straight away or let the drenched soil set for abit?

it does state online to wet it and "For best results leave for at least a few days in order for the microbiological bacteria's and enzymes in the Pre-Mix to proliferate."

would i add the seed straight away or let the drenched soil set for abit?

it does state online to wet it and "For best results leave for at least a few days in order for the microbiological bacteria's and enzymes in the Pre-Mix to proliferate."

I don't use Biobizz. If that's what it says, I'd try it.

Im looking at this chart and its kinda confusing me. it says to start using My bloom newt after week 2 along side my grow newt??
Also if my soil has nutrients in there already does that mean i can hold off giving newts ?

rkTMhPU.jpg

I watered before and let it settle and then added my seed and put a drip over!! I also use biobizz light mix and she seems good up to now .
420-magazine-mobile2132415952.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I watered before and let it settle and then added my seed and put a drip over!! I also use biobizz light mix and she seems good up to now .
420-magazine-mobile2132415952.jpg

Do you starting adding nutrients on the first week or the second?
Also do you have to mix your nutrient with a certain quantity of water or do you just add to how ever much water you seem fit?

so for the many questions :D

I also use biobizz root juice and growth fert, I wouldn't give them anything for at least 4 weeks as the biomix has all the ferts she needs for then!! When starting I used 1mm per litre then worked my way up! Be careful thought and take it slowly! If you look at my journal you will see I have slightly burned mine and not even gone over 2ml per litre yet!!

I also use biobizz root juice and growth fert, I wouldn't give them anything for at least 4 weeks as the biomix has all the ferts she needs for then!! When starting I used 1mm per litre then worked my way up! Be careful thought and take it slowly! If you look at my journal you will see I have slightly burned mine and not even gone over 2ml per litre yet!!

which biobizz soil do you use? i have light mix which has less, would you recommend not giving them anything for 4 weeks in light mix ?

Even when the soil has no nute's in it, I never give seedlings anything for the first two weeks. The Biobiz probably has plenty for a while. Watch your plants. They will tell you when the soil runs out of steam.

Even when the soil has no nute's in it, I never give seedlings anything for the first two weeks. The Biobiz probably has plenty for a while. Watch your plants. They will tell you when the soil runs out of steam.

Listen to Major, he knows a lot more than me and has helped me with my plants in the past . I would personally suggest at least 4 weeks though dude

Back
Top Bottom