Titan Controls: Flo N Gro Review

Worked a 16 hour day today forgot to get the damn 3/4 hose to hook up the chiller because i thought i had some at home. Im headed out of town tomm night so I turned my lights down to 600 an told my roommate to still swap out bottles. The vortex is running at all times i suppose it doesn't need to be. Im still in veg though I still have another Vortex to hook up for my scrubber. I have a 420 friendly electrician that I have not yet talked to...can the 15 be upgraded to a 20-30A or do you have to rewire everything? I'm a complete noob i do apologize.

Worked a 16 hour day today forgot to get the damn 3/4 hose to hook up the chiller because i thought i had some at home. Im headed out of town tomm night so I turned my lights down to 600 an told my roommate to still swap out bottles. The vortex is running at all times i suppose it doesn't need to be. Im still in veg though I still have another Vortex to hook up for my scrubber. I have a 420 friendly electrician that I have not yet talked to...can the 15 be upgraded to a 20-30A or do you have to rewire everything? I'm a complete noob i do apologize.

Unreal It depends on what the wire is rated at. Check to see if the wire rating printed on the outside covering of the wire in question. If it is 12awg you can squeeze a 20 amp, if it is 14 awg I would not recommend it. 30 amp breaker requires 10 gauge wire. Wire insulation is rated @ 300,600,and 1000 volts. Do you know how many amps you are pulling now? My guess with Chiller fans flo n gro t-5's pumps and fans your probably getting close. if you touch cord and its warm/hot unplug something. the warmer the wire the bigger the draw and if wire not rated right FIRE. Personally I'd get in touch with your electrician friend and just have him throw in another breaker on another outlet it would be less than 100 bucks for materials plus whatever charges he renders for his services. IMO that would be safest bet if for nothing else a better piece of mind. Watts divided by volts = amps , amps x volts = watts.... Now I am 99% sure this information is correct. lol. (its right) I just put in a new service that splits off to 3 100 amp sub panels so I have 100 amps dedicated to each room. way overkill but very stable and much less of a hassle if I decide to add oh.. whatever I suppose! hope you found this helpful.

I don't think the F&G actually uses anywhere close to 10 amps, but electricity is not my strong suit. My guess is they are hedging on the safe side, but I'm really the wrong guy to ask on that one... I was running it with (2) 400w lights and fans, exhaust, airpumps etc. on 20 amps no problem - but I can't say for sure it was a good idea. Never tripped a breaker, though.

A 400-watt bulb and ballast requires 464 total watts of power and draw 3.8 amps at 120 volts or 1.9 amps at 240 volts. That is bonus to 400's so even with all that my guess would be u just about limited out! How nice though whole grow under 20 amps!!!!

I just put in a new service that splits off to 3 100 amp sub panels so I have 100 amps dedicated to each room. way overkill but very stable and much less of a hassle if I decide to add oh.. whatever I suppose! hope you found this helpful.

Wow that's a lot! How big is the line coming in to the house? I assume you never intend to max all 3 at once? If you did that, even with no load on the main panel, I bet you start melting wires somewhere! :blalol:

Wow that's a lot! How big is the line coming in to the house? I assume you never intend to max all 3 at once? If you did that, even with no load on the main panel, I bet you start melting wires somewhere! :blalol:

Haha right! Its only 200 coming in. I just choose to run 100 sub panels by cause I had a couple sitting from an old job. So I just ran all 100 's it is nice to not worry though if I'm gonna blow breakers. I don't even touch 125 amps total when everything is running.

BTW.... my grow is on separate service from house.
2013-04-17_00-42-31_9.jpg

BTW.... my grow is on separate service from house.
2013-04-17_00-42-31_9.jpg

I'm guessing you're using those timers to control the lights? I recently installed one of those heavy duty style timers for my light circuit as well. I love it.

Absolutely! I have one installed on my old flower room also. It is now dedicated for veg well will be within week new room almost done. Ill be posting pics tomorrow. Installing timers like these make it much easier for my setup.

BTW... I was checking out your defoll technique WOW I use to worry when I hit mine hard but damn u made me rethink my approach. I never seen anything like that:thumb:.. LOL very nice and obviously was not harmful in any way.:bravo:

Where can i scour this defol method? I'm a noob an did serious defoliation on one plant to kinda test it out an it stunted its growth severely so far by the looks. Going on 4 1/2 weeks in Veg plants are only an average on 11 inches....Am i behind? light has been about 25 inches from tops...The strain did read as medium size.

Where can i scour this defol method? I'm a noob an did serious defoliation on one plant to kinda test it out an it stunted its growth severely so far by the looks. Going on 4 1/2 weeks in Veg plants are only an average on 11 inches....Am i behind? light has been about 25 inches from tops...The strain did read as medium size.

Unreal, IMO that does seem a little off.. 11 inches @ 4.5 weeks??? what is ppm of nutes, ph, room temp, res temp, floor temp, is air flow in room sufficient- do your ladies sway in the breeze?
2013-04-16_22-02-09_96.jpg

this pic was taken on day 40(total) they started veg 3-9 on 4-11 flipped cycle. they were between 20-24'' tall.

see that seems irritating to me...PPM is at like 850 between 5.5-6.1 PH room temp has been fluctuating like crazy that's my next problem to deal with now that's its getting warm yesterday it got up to 95 degrees but then in PM went down to 62....I have my water chiller hooked up to res its working better than expected that morning the room got up to 95 the water was still 68 degrees. It is a sealed room I am pumping Co2 in there at 1200 ppm...only one fan so far have another to add though. Like i said the guy said the strain is medium sized but i just feel i'm too far along...Another mistake of mine is i did two topping sessions within 2 weeks of each other? I have seen it stunted one tremendously maybe the other are just a little pissed off. I'm gonna wait til day 42 an then flip them no matter what.

Unreal, those sizes don't sound too far off. It can be 11" tall and 48" wide. :)

You may have slowed it some by topping, but if it's in veg, it will recover.

Herbman whats your guideline for the distance between top an light?

THE CLOSER THE BETTER!!!
In my setup hoods are cooled you could lay on them! IMO I like to keep them no more than ten inches from tops once established. The tops of my girls are about 76f.

Oh damn im a noob then guys i have air cooled hoods an ive been keeping my lights 25-30 inches... I just figured they would stretch to where i want them to be sooner then i could adjust light im just gonna slowly going to drop it down until i see them not liking it too much

Dear xlr8,
I am a total newbie and brand new to this site. I so appreciate the review! I am wanting to try this system in a tent. I have a couple questions Id be very grateful if you could answer at your conveiniece:

1. Is this sort of system appropriate for a newbie?
2. Can I run this sort of system in a tent? My primary concern is humidity. (ill do whatever i need to in order to make it work)
3. 15 plants are the legal limit in my state. How much tent do I need to do at least 12 to a decent size? (5x9? 8x8? etc.)
Im not rich. But, I definately want to do it right. I would greatly appreciate any brand names or specs your experiences deem necessary.
Thank you very much for your time! joemungus

xlr, herbman you guys still watching this thread? I'm just wondering how everyone is vegging their plants to be put in this system. last run went well with noob mistakes i still ended up with just under 3. 8-9 week veg then 8-9 week flower is really putting a damper on things though id like to veg then to 20+ inches. Im thinking about kicking my roomate out so i can buy another system. just lift the pots an switch to flower room would be ideal. How is everyone else doing this step?

Me personally have been putting rooted clones into the system and then vegging for 2-3 weeks then flipping. But that's mainly because I'm restricted to about 6 feet total height including lights and buckets so my plants can only be about 3 foot max. And to the poster above I have a space of about 10x6 ft and the 12 buckets are almost too much I was thinking about dropping it to 9 next run. For a whole 12 I would love to have a 6 light, roughly 10x20 foot room would be perfect for how I would want this system. I believe xlr8 used to do 6 buckets in like a 3x6 or something like that.

Dear xlr8,
I am a total newbie and brand new to this site. I so appreciate the review! I am wanting to try this system in a tent. I have a couple questions Id be very grateful if you could answer at your conveiniece:

1. Is this sort of system appropriate for a newbie?
2. Can I run this sort of system in a tent? My primary concern is humidity. (ill do whatever i need to in order to make it work)
3. 15 plants are the legal limit in my state. How much tent do I need to do at least 12 to a decent size? (5x9? 8x8? etc.)
Im not rich. But, I definately want to do it right. I would greatly appreciate any brand names or specs your experiences deem necessary.
Thank you very much for your time! joemungus

I have found growing 8 plants in a 4x8 tent is just about pefect using the flow n gro system.
Humidity should run between 40 and 55% Gets any higher then that and I'd run a dehumidifier.

Back
Top Bottom