Titan Controls: Flo N Gro Review

Are they using black buckets now? You have both black and blue....and the corrugated tubing.... Plants look awesome.

plus reps

No that's just me not knowing how to take good pics under HPS lighting(made the blue like black I guess). I wish the buckets were black, the blue is not light proof hold one up to a light and u will see. I am not sure how much light actually gets to the root zone but enough that it worries me. The tubing is a great upgrade IMO. It allows me to bend it in ways that the original tubing would never allow me to do. I still use the original tubing between the buckets but the corrugated from the brain to the first bucket in the line. one other thing I did was cut two sizes of tubing to go between the buckets. One for early growth so that the buckets are right next to each other, all under one 1000w bulb and then when they out grow that set up i have another set of 2 foot tubes i use that gives the 12 plants 4 square feet each under two 1000w bulbs. Hope that is understandable. Oh and if it helps anyone I WAS doing three watering's a day breakfast, lunch, and dinner as titan told me to but after reading about X watering more often figured I would give it a try, so I am now watering four times during lights on and once during lights off. I have noticed a great improvement in growth and plants look way healthier

Alaskan1 - I love the set up was doing DWC and soil before and those are both a pain some times changing the res once a week with this system makes life so much easier. I am very excited to finish my first grow in this and see the results.

noknowcure, you gave me some good tips there. Add flexible hose to my home depot list today!
Are you spacing the waterings out evenly during the light period?

Hey Xlr8, since I am using GLR lighting any suggestions on watering intervals?

I space the waterings evenly, other then the last watering before lights out that one I do about 45 min before lights out so for me it 8am lights on and 8pm lights off. With waterings at 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 7:15pm and once half way through the night at 2am. Just a heads up the 3/4 tubing fits on to the controller connectors just fine but does not want to go on to the buckets not sure if all the systems came with the same connectors but for me thats how it worked. So what I did was get a straight connector and heat the end of the curragated tubing up with hot water then squeezed it on to the straight connector put a piece of the original tubing on the other end of the striaght connector and hooked that up to the bucket. Sounds confusing heres a pic it was acually easy did not want to heat the tubing up and put it an the bucket because I figured it would be to hard to remove for cleaning and such

tubing_010.JPG

tubing_005.JPG

tubing_004.JPG

OK you Flo n Gro rs.....here's some more pics of different ideas.

We are starting seeds in rapid rooters, transplanting to small Hydroton pots in a flood table for root development. A bunch of new genetics. (and 2 clones) This is the normal "early veg" area, lit by a 400 MH, 3x3 tray.
IMAG034710.jpg

This is some earlier seeds and a few clones still in same pots, ready for the sq net pots tomorrow. This is the "late veg" area, dimmable 1000 MH (at 750 now) in a 4x4 flood tray. These will go into the FnG net bucket and develop roots and get bigger here for another 10-14 days.
IMAG03484.jpg

Genetic rescue--saving a strain a patient can't live w/o. Made fem seeds, 2 phenos are keepers out of the 5 phenos, 10 plants grown. We call it white momma. They are about 9 foot to the lights, table is about 18" tall. About 1/2 way done. Crazy internodes during veg on these seeds....the clones won't be so bad. Always been stretchy.
IMAG034912.jpg

Behind those, you can't even see these 4-5 foot tall plants a week from finish.
IMAG03508.jpg

A couple nice floppy buds
IMAG034610.jpg

Cool OG - I am envious of your space. Looks like you have a very nicely organized operation. Sounds like a really great project, too (White Momma) - those are some trees! Sure look healthy. Pretty easy to grow vigorous healthy plants in the Flo N Gro, though, huh? I wish it were all so simple! :welldone:

OK you Flo n Gro rs.....here's some more pics of different ideas.

We are starting seeds in rapid rooters, transplanting to small Hydroton pots in a flood table for root development. A bunch of new genetics. (and 2 clones) This is the normal "early veg" area, lit by a 400 MH, 3x3 tray.

This is some earlier seeds and a few clones still in same pots, ready for the sq net pots tomorrow. This is the "late veg" area, dimmable 1000 MH (at 750 now) in a 4x4 flood tray. These will go into the FnG net bucket and develop roots and get bigger here for another 10-14 days.

Genetic rescue--saving a strain a patient can't live w/o. Made fem seeds, 2 phenos are keepers out of the 5 phenos, 10 plants grown. We call it white momma. They are about 9 foot to the lights, table is about 18" tall. About 1/2 way done. Crazy internodes during veg on these seeds....the clones won't be so bad. Always been stretchy.

Behind those, you can't even see these 4-5 foot tall plants a week from finish.

A couple nice floppy buds

OG, had to give you +reps for your operation. Very nice indeed.

Not mine, a buddy I helped start up. 2 caregivers, 6 patients each. He has a patient that helps at the "farm" quite a bit for his and his wife's meds. He grew nothing before April last year, he's learning fast, getting the "green" end figured out. I consulted with him a bunch in the beginning, now only about an hour 2 times a week. Teaching it all, organization, timing, scheduling. He does HVAC and construction. Here"s a pic I missed yesterday
IMAG03518.jpg

Shows stuff just moved into flower from late veg.

I just tried out my new Magic Flight Launch Box.....that reply took 1/2 hour!

The pics yesterday contain 19 new strains to get tried out. Phasing out about 1/2 the old genetics (don't have good/any history on some):morenutes:

So I got my system all hooked up, made sure my siphon hole was exposed, and the damn thing flooded my tent. My reservoir is dry and not leaking at all, so I know it has to be either the controller or the buckets themselves inside my tent because that is where the flooding occurred. Watched it cycle through flooding
and draining last night and didn't notice any leaks at all, and it was definitely
flooded this AM, but for the 50 gallons of water pumping through it only about 5
gallons or so was leaked. I'm thinking a slow trickle leak myself, but not sure.
Anyone have this problem out there and willing to help a guy out?

So I got my system all hooked up, made sure my siphon hole was exposed, and the damn thing flooded my tent. My reservoir is dry and not leaking at all, so I know it has to be either the controller or the buckets themselves inside my tent because that is where the flooding occurred. Watched it cycle through flooding
and draining last night and didn't notice any leaks at all, and it was definitely
flooded this AM, but for the 50 gallons of water pumping through it only about 5
gallons or so was leaked. I'm thinking a slow trickle leak myself, but not sure.
Anyone have this problem out there and willing to help a guy out?

Hmm.. I'm a bit stumped. Sounds like you're confident that it's not due to the siphon/reservoir set up. How about the connections to the buckets themselves? Are they secure? Any cracks where the hoses connect to the buckets, etc.? Are the hoses themselves on securely?

If you don't find something obvious, my thought would be to get everything dried up if you haven't, and cycle it through a flood and drain (maybe a few times) to see if you can find when/where it's happening. You might want to check the control bucket to make sure nothing is interfering with the float valve that stops the flood process, too. That's all I can think of at the moment... Keep us posted or let me/us know if you have more questions, etc. :goodluck:

EDIT - One other thing. Doesn't sound like it applies, but the only time I've had a leak (knock on wood) was due to the siphon hole on mine shooting a stream of water right at the crack of the lid on my reservoir, and it ran down the side of the reservoir into a small puddle on the floor. Doesn't sound like your issue, but that was my only somewhat similar issue.

When it runs, do you see a little trickle coming out of the siphon hole you made? Mine shoots a little stream out as it does the flood process. Just want to make sure I'm covering all bases here.

Yeah it's trickling a back feed as it runs & is not leaking even a little bit at the reservoir. It's gotta be an unsecured fitting somewhere in the chain between the controller and the buckets. I'll check everything after work tonight and see if i can track it down.

BTW......to anyone worrying about the standing water in thier buckets, your being far to anal about everything and over thinking things in my opinion. The amount of air in this water is pretty high considering how often it is replaced. Standing water becomes a concern when it "stands" and doesn't circulate at all, this water is moving pretty regularly. If anything it provides the plant with somewhat of a water source at all times, which comes in handy when using a fast drying medium like hydroton.

Yeah it's trickling a back feed as it runs & is not leaking even a little bit at the reservoir. It's gotta be an unsecured fitting somewhere in the chain between the controller and the buckets. I'll check everything after work tonight and see if i can track it down.

BTW......to anyone worrying about the standing water in thier buckets, your being far to anal about everything and over thinking things in my opinion. The amount of air in this water is pretty high considering how often it is replaced. Standing water becomes a concern when it "stands" and doesn't circulate at all, this water is moving pretty regularly. If anything it provides the plant with somewhat of a water source at all times, which comes in handy when using a fast drying medium like hydroton.

I completely agree on your BTW, there is no need to be concerned with that water - it's more of a benefit in my opinion, and it certainly was intended as such. My plants have never had a complaint, and they've spent their share of time with the roots dangling in that water. :high-five:

Good luck with getting your issues resolved. I really think you'll be impressed with how well it works and what an easy system it is to use once you get things fixed up.

No that's just me not knowing how to take good pics under HPS lighting(made the blue like black I guess). I wish the buckets were black, the blue is not light proof hold one up to a light and u will see. I am not sure how much light actually gets to the root zone but enough that it worries me. The tubing is a great upgrade IMO. It allows me to bend it in ways that the original tubing would never allow me to do. I still use the original tubing between the buckets but the corrugated from the brain to the first bucket in the line. one other thing I did was cut two sizes of tubing to go between the buckets. One for early growth so that the buckets are right next to each other, all under one 1000w bulb and then when they out grow that set up i have another set of 2 foot tubes i use that gives the 12 plants 4 square feet each under two 1000w bulbs. Hope that is understandable. Oh and if it helps anyone I WAS doing three watering's a day breakfast, lunch, and dinner as titan told me to but after reading about X watering more often figured I would give it a try, so I am now watering four times during lights on and once during lights off. I have noticed a great improvement in growth and plants look way healthier

Alaskan1 - I love the set up was doing DWC and soil before and those are both a pain some times changing the res once a week with this system makes life so much easier. I am very excited to finish my first grow in this and see the results.

I talked to the designer of the flo n gro luckily enough and he said there is NO issue with the light getting thru the buckets. The water isn't in there long enough. He also said that not enough light gets thru the res to cause an issue. Said there was no need to wrap the buckets or res.

The standing water was done on purpose by the designer. He said he wanted there to be spme water for the plants should something happen like a power outage or god forbid the contoller goes whacky

I keep my res in a completely dark area and still wrapped my it to help keep the water temp down I use frozen two liters to cool the water and insulating the res helped a lot

Back
Top Bottom