To top or not to top

Groundtop

So, this is my first time growing cannabis, and I'm doing so in a small room so I am trying to accomplish a sort of micro grow, with better quality. I have FIM'd one of these babies [of course, the bushier one], but I was wondering if it would be ok to keep topping her until I am ready to flower? I want the best size yield I can get, and a bushy plant for both. The other girl hasn't been topped or FIM'd and I am wondering if it would be ok to do that to her as well. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20181005_171544.jpg
    20181005_171544.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20181005_171537.jpg
    20181005_171537.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 83
  • 20181005_171533.jpg
    20181005_171533.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20181005_171526.jpg
    20181005_171526.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 74
it really has more to do with the roots that the stems. in the end the plant will produce a set of flowers and how big and thick they get depend more on the roots than the above ground plant. A single node can make a huge bud. In the end if you have more nodes you get smaller buds but you get the same weight in general regardless. It is a matter of the root ball and how fast you can get it to absorb.

I got a few grams less from a topped once plant vs a topped for 6 colas plant. I say definitely go for it if you want a bushy plant then top until you have 8 colas or 12.

Hi there, If you are growing in a height restricted area then go ahead and top/fim them, I normally do mine just after the 5th node, it may stunt the growth for a few days or a week, but you will end up with a much bushier plant that won't stretch to the ceiling (unless it's a pure sativa). So I say go for it.
If you have already fim'd one of the plants I would leave it alone for a few weeks, also I wouldn't bother topping it any further, as further topping without a good recovery period will stunt growth, and since it's your first grow you are probably eager to harvest, any time you top or FIM a plant it will delay growth and flowering. If you are in no hurry then feel free to top again for even bushier growth.

Good luck

Thank you all for the advice! I ended up topping both plants last night, and I put aloe vera on the "wounds" no idea if that helps, but I felt sorry for them lol. This morning I was expecting them to be droopy, but they are the perkiest I have seen them. The little side shoots on my older plant has already grown since I have topped it. Its only been like twelve hours!

Back
Top Bottom