TokaM0n's 400w 4x4 Tent Soil Grow

Finally got a carbon filter. It's not super dank yet but there's a minor pang of jazz cabbage.

I went with a 6x12 Phat filter. So far so good and all scent is gone. We'll see how this bad Larry holds up in late flower. If anyone has one or has used one let me know how you liked it.

420-magazine-mobile1931991978.jpg
420-magazine-mobile687990807.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2033032781.jpg

Took a bit of time off between the end of veg and beginning of flower. Ok, I've actually procrastinated updating in realty, but suffice to say I haven't forgotten.

Currently, I'm in the second week of flower. On the July 1st I changed the light cycles to 12/12. I slowly brought it down for a week and a half so they would not be too stressed. I also sprayed them with Bloom Chaos daily to ease the cycle.

When I triggered flowering, the canopy was around 19". As of today, the Maui Wawi is tallest around 31", and the Red Leicester Tease is the shortest at 26". So the pure sativa stretch has been real.

I anticipated the Maui Wawi to stretch the most, so for the first 13 days I tried to minimize it by keeping the 400w MH (7200k) going. On day 14 I replaced the MH with an Eye Hortilux Super HPS 400w bulb. I initially wanted to do a 400w veg and 600w flower, but decided to economize already having the switchable ballast. I figured I'd split the difference and get a more expensive 400w. I hope I'm still looking at an HP with this grow.

In regards to feedings, they've been receiving the Nectar For The Gods advanced line pHd @ 6.5. They seem to be living it. Super perky. Colors are amazing.

The only problem I ran into was noticing my soil pH drifting into the 5.8 range. I tried to bring the pH but did it too quickly shocking a couple of the plants and showing some minimal leaf damage. Lesson learned though, don't bring a 5.8pH up by watering with 7.....

420-magazine-mobile863366679.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1775433167.jpg

it's so crazy to look through the first page and then forward to the last and see the change in growth. Looking great.

I'm growing with a 400w too, in a 3x3 tent. Looking forward to see how these turn out!

Thanks man, much appreciated! 400w in a 3x3 will be awesome. I've found that my 4x4 isn't quite 4x4. The light negative air pressure definitely takes away space, and my scrog net is at least a few inches shy of 4x4.

I've been pretty pleased/impressed with how the 400w has performed this far. I was really on the line about going 600w for flower, or, 400w CMH. It seemed like that 400w CMH retrofit bulbs were "eh" or "ok". I was also concerned about the temps in my tent with the 600w. So in the end I went with a Hortilux bulb and figured I'd see how a full cycle 400w grow will do.

Thanks man, much appreciated! 400w in a 3x3 will be awesome. I've found that my 4x4 isn't quite 4x4. The light negative air pressure definitely takes away space, and my scrog net is at least a few inches shy of 4x4.

I've been pretty pleased/impressed with how the 400w has performed this far. I was really on the line about going 600w for flower, or, 400w CMH. It seemed like that 400w CMH retrofit bulbs were "eh" or "ok". I was also concerned about the temps in my tent with the 600w. So in the end I went with a Hortilux bulb and figured I'd see how a full cycle 400w grow will do.

Nice. Yeah I've been on the verge of upping to a 600w. I have the apollo horticulture set up. I really like it. I've grown a lot of fat, dense buds under it but I do find that only the plants that are positioned well under it (I keep the tops 9-14 inches away) get really good. I'm pretty sure I'd have a much more comfortable time in there with a 600. I'd like to buy a second tent as well, to have for a vegging tent, so I could save myself that extra 30-45 days of vegging. In my old place it was fine because I was way out in the country, but now I'm in a small apartment and I can basically smell when my neighbors fart. I've got a big 8 inch carbon filter going and all that, but that lack of having two grows going at once really sucks. I am fully legal and so right now I'm kinda doing it anyways, but it would be nice to not have to bother the neighbors

Thanks man! I was surprised how much they changed when I flipped them to 12/12 on the 1st of this month.

Within the first few days of the change they started producing some crazy shades of green.

RLT:
420-magazine-mobile1498089940.jpg

MW:
420-magazine-mobile61647231.jpg

C+:
420-magazine-mobile1930604749.jpg

I want to say they've slowed their vertical growth and are now fattening up. They've also been enjoying the Bloom Chaos I include with their feedings.

Some shots from today:

Maui Wawi:
420-magazine-mobile513322221.jpg

420-magazine-mobile169054.jpg

White Widow:
420-magazine-mobile260681105.jpg

Ladies have been doing really good. In week 4 of flower. Smell has really popped this week. Hit a bit of a growth lull but they seems to have returned to rapid growth.

I didn't adjust the Herculean harvest in proportion to the bloom khaos. I was following the feeding chart and the largest dose of HH is prescribed at 2 tablespoons I believe. I'm using 3-4 now and will keep increasing until I start to flush. Other than hat it's been smooth sailing. I see a couple fungus mats here and there but nothing more.

When you finally figure out what temperature is in editor....

Red Leicester Tease
420-magazine-mobile1731699659.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1436523448.jpg

White Widow
420-magazine-mobile1901911319.jpg

Critical +
420-magazine-mobile803902277.jpg

Back
Top Bottom