Too moist when jarred - Minor mold developed - What to do?

Hey everyone...

So I rushed my last harvest and dried my plants way to quickly and jarred them while they were too wet. I made a few mistakes on this harvest and wanted to share, as well as ask for possible recommendations...

Mistakes I made...:

Dried too short of time with no circulation fans and too slow of air exchange
Jarred too wet
Didn't clean jar's inbetween use
Didn't wear gloves when trimming.
Buds dried in a non sterile area.

So that is where I see my mistakes and wanted to share those with others so you don't do what I did...

So now that I have 2 out of 7 jars with very minor (hardly any buds with major mold) just tiny spots and stem mold.... Obviously its not healthy to smoke the buds, or to make edibles....

What can be done with the buds besides the trash?

Can BHO or extracts be made and will this carry the mold spores or any harmful toxins?

Can the buds be used in an alcohol based extract like oil?

I know I can't use them for smoking or for edibles from budder or other cooking related uses... Is there anything that can be done with buds that show slight mold.. (not covered, just spots and stem mold)

How about vaping?

anyone?

I don't mind trashing them, but would rather not if there is a healthy solution... please support your comments with some kind of research or backing infomation...

also: Im sure growing up in a state for 26 years that was illegal, I'm sure over those years I smoked a lot of moldy bud and stuff, but also always suffered from bronchitus and strep throat every season change. Once I started growing my own or using dispenseries once I moved to Cali, no more strep throat or bronchitus... so I hopefully can find a healthy use for the buds without any risk, but if its even a chance of being unhealthy I don't even want to risk it.

Back
Top Bottom