Mold during curing

Cameron16

Hi all, pretty confused by all the opinions I've read so here's my situation. Grew an auto recently and after harvest I had around 5oz dry weight. Was dry but super sticky so after a week bought more mason jars to spread it around better. 3 further weeks shaking jars each day and burping. Best tasting weed I have ever grown and was looking forward to the rest as it continued to cure. Two days passed and I wasn't around to burp jars and now there is fluffy grey mold visible. 3 jars are trash but the fourth was only mild. Would you keep the non visibly affected buds or trash that also. I have no local hookup so nothing to smoke until a new grow is done, so still weeks away. I don't know if the spores I can't see are an issue or not. For now the buds I saved aside are in freezer. Any help would be appreciated

Sorry to hear about the situation. I had something similar come up a year, maybe year and half ago, when I opened a special jar that had been behaving itself for 2 years already and the smell was way over the edge, so I know the feeling.

Even though you were gone for two days the mold, mildew or whatever is there started much earlier. It can take the stuff awhile to get a foothold before it starts to show.

A couple of questions you might want to consider asking yourself and answering.

How long did you leave the jars open when you burped them?
How long did the harvest dry before being put in the jars?
Were the buds completely dry before starting the curing process?

All I can assume is perhaps they weren't completely dry despite feeling dry to the touch. Still not sure if it's worth risking smoking any more, as you say the mould was there before I could see it.

Back
Top Bottom