Total Noob: 1st Grow, Train Wreck Autoflower

Photo update!

Still going with the nutes. They are finally starting to get pretty sticky. Seems like it's going well, regardless of the major hiccup I had. The colas seem to be filling in pretty well, but I also don't really have much to compare it to since it's my first grow.

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    965.4 KB · Views: 31
I am personally starting the flush when I see Amber, that has worked for the one that I harvested so far and that one stayed green through the flush. Just starting on my second biggest and biggest plants since I know they will be ready for harvest in a week or so.

So far so good doing it that way.

I am personally starting the flush when I see Amber, that has worked for the one that I harvested so far and that one stayed green through the flush. Just starting on my second biggest and biggest plants since I know they will be ready for harvest in a week or so.

So far so good doing it that way.
You talking about when the Trichomes are amber?

You talking about when the Trichomes are amber?
Yea, when the trichomes turn to Amber, I just did mine at around 30% Amber. Sometimes the pistils will still be white even when the trichomes are mature, sometimes the trichomes mature long after the pistils have completely oranged. Depends so much on your genetics and phenos.

Yea, when the trichomes turn to Amber, I just did mine at around 30% Amber. Sometimes the pistils will still be white even when the trichomes are mature, sometimes the trichomes mature long after the pistils have completely oranged. Depends so much on your genetics and phenos.
man, here's the next step that makes me face palm haha. I guess I still have another week or two before all this happens

man, here's the next step that makes me face palm haha. I guess I still have another week or two before all this happens

That's good though man, plants taking longer usually makes better and more bountiful harvests. You and your plants got this! :)

One thing that helped me immensely in determining when to start the flush was a handheld wifi microscope. There are a couple of similar models online that are around $40. With that I could focus on individual trichomes, and study the true color as opposed to blurry or fuzzy images.

As for when, I just did my first harvest last Sunday, so take it with a grain of salt. But when I found my first amber, I started a 5 day flush. I didn't make it all 5 days (3 days, but it's dwc) and I have less than 5% ambers. If you're doing a two week flush, which I believe is recommended for soil, I'd start when I saw the majority of your trichomes as cloudy but still some clear. It of course depends on what you're going for. More amber means more couch lock and body haze. Less amber is a racier or headier high.

One thing that helped me immensely in determining when to start the flush was a handheld wifi microscope. There are a couple of similar models online that are around $40. With that I could focus on individual trichomes, and study the true color as opposed to blurry or fuzzy images.

As for when, I just did my first harvest last Sunday, so take it with a grain of salt. But when I found my first amber, I started a 5 day flush. I didn't make it all 5 days (3 days, but it's dwc) and I have less than 5% ambers. If you're doing a two week flush, which I believe is recommended for soil, I'd start when I saw the majority of your trichomes as cloudy but still some clear. It of course depends on what you're going for. More amber means more couch lock and body haze. Less amber is a racier or headier high.
I can confirm that those digital handheld microscopes are amazing for these purposes. Basically the perks of a good camera phone or point and shoot (digital stabilization, auto focus) with more than substantial magnification. Some of the best pictures of trichomes I've seen are from those. Personally I just haven't set aside the money to buy one yet.

I can confirm that those digital handheld microscopes are amazing for these purposes. Basically the perks of a good camera phone or point and shoot (digital stabilization, auto focus) with more than substantial magnification. Some of the best pictures of trichomes I've seen are from those. Personally I just haven't set aside the money to buy one yet.
Good to know. I bought a cheap jewelers loupe when I was buying everything I needed, that seems to work very well. Just can't take pictures or anything obviously.

Day 72, I’m guessing I’m getting close. Seems like I survived my nute issue and the plants will survive and make it. Some colas look like they are realllly filling while, while others look eh.

Exciting stuff to be near the end!

Attachments

• A58FB6C0-B728-43A9-B0CF-8BD053085FDF.jpeg
    A58FB6C0-B728-43A9-B0CF-8BD053085FDF.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 28
  • 7E1CDD51-3CA1-4886-8A01-1DF98E94D024.jpeg
    7E1CDD51-3CA1-4886-8A01-1DF98E94D024.jpeg
    747.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 03D72AAC-D1A2-42DA-AC03-88EEC59B40EF.jpeg
    03D72AAC-D1A2-42DA-AC03-88EEC59B40EF.jpeg
    869 KB · Views: 27
Cphil you are killing it, plants look great, your harvest is gonna give you some good smoke for sure bud! Beautiful colors coming through.
And to think I was going to lose the plants completely a couple weeks ago! Glad to hear multiple people say they are looking good, gives me more positive hope! haha. I am assuming I still have another week or two to go, since they arent super dense. I am trying to do more reading on WHEN exactly to harvest and when to start the flush.

And to think I was going to lose the plants completely a couple weeks ago! Glad to hear multiple people say they are looking good, gives me more positive hope! haha. I am assuming I still have another week or two to go, since they arent super dense. I am trying to do more reading on WHEN exactly to harvest and when to start the flush.

Might be longer than that too, best bet is to look at trichomes for when they are either all cloudy or all cloudy with a certain amount of amber depending on how you want your smoke, taste and feel. I'm harvesting right now when I see either all cloudy and 15%+ amber or around 30% amber when there are still some clears (to stop THC from degrading extensively).

This is what I've decided based on what I've read, but the jury is out until I smoke it if that process works! :p

Back
Top Bottom