Tri-leafsets

I've got some white widow seedlings growing in FFOF inside a grow cabinet. One of the seedlings has thrown off leaf sets in 3's instead of the normal pairs. This started from the seed leaves and has continued to their current 5 sets of tri-leafsets. The leafsets have not really offset much yet like I would normally expect them to do as the plant matures. Other than the tri-leafsets, it seems normal, but it's a bit smaller than the other WW's growing in the cabinet while they were all started at the same time.

My real question... should I let this baby live? I have X amount of cabinet space, and if this plant is a known looser, I'd like to cull it from the herd.
On one hand, the increased leaf area might cause increased growth rate.
On the other hand, it hasn't showed that trait yet, and I think of abnormal plants as generally a bad thing.

Cheers

Finally took some photos...

TriLeafSet2.JPG

TriLeafSet1.JPG

Cheers

I think that's the current plan, unless someone chimes in with some negative info.
It's an interesting oddity to me, and if it grows ok, I'll keep the strain going.

Cheers

Absolutely no reason not to grow this plant. It could end up having other genetic anomalies that are desirable (like the first cheese plant). You are going to have to come up with a cool name for it. Maybe something that includes the tri or trinity along with a descriptive term for your neighborhood or for New Orleans in general. If it does turn out to be an extra special plant, its clones and maybe seed could be very valuable to the community.

That's a whole lotta if's. Wouldn't it be nice tho... I've been investigating breeding lately... perhaps I can combine it with another good growing strain. Time will tell.

Cheers

Worry about the if's later. The only question that needed to be answered was to keep the plant or not. Yeah, it's a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom