Beginner's First guerilla try! need help

volted

Hello there!!! [this is my first post :D]

In the begging of April I decided to grow a plant (just one, for personal use). So, I ordered 3 of these seeds from sensiseeds

I can't grow them indoors (because of many reasons) so I plan to grow outdoors (guerilla style)

So, I germinated one of the 3 seeds (for 4 days). Everything looked fine at that stage.
4 days after germination (9th of April) I planted the seed in a distant place (that nobody goes) near a river.

Because there was a lot of rain the week before and because it was near a river I didn't water the plant a lot (it was like 1 time every 2 days).

Its been 8 days since I buried the seed and I can only see a very small part of leafs coming out (I will try to get a picture tomorrow to show you guys). Is that normal??? Because in pretty much every guide picture I see, after a week the plant is pretty visible and quite tall.

Re: [beginner] First guerilla try! (need help)

the soil is the natural soil (which is pretty moist the whole part of the day - because of the river). Temps right now are around 23C at midday and 15 at night. It gets a lot of sunlight from 10am - 7pm

what can I use against that?? (i haven't seen any insects around but there are probably some)

Ok, so here is a pic that I took today (the plant is now 10 days old and that is how it looks):

How long is a piece of string volted?

There is no such thing as normal....you put her straight into the ground and she has survived so you have a good seed/strain there to work with. There is probably a lot going on underground as the roots strive to get a good foothold. If she makes it out there in the great outdoors, I bet she will be a tree.

Do you know what strain she is?

I have never started a seed directly in the ground even though I am an outside grower.....all I can say to you is that I have never had to water any seedling more than once a week, I only put my plants in the ground at between 14 and 21 days....if you are overwatering her that will stunt her growth....

Hey after well over 30 years of outdoor stealth grows I can make a few suggestions. First you may get some insight from my old blog it is called "What a Long Strange Trip it's Been" It has a lot of outdoor growing pointers. I suggest Epsom salts to discourage insect pests sprinkled directly on the ground in a circle around the plant. This also discourages some small animals I have used it successfully for many years around muskmelon and watermelons.

thanks a lot for the advice mate!! i will try to find some epsom asap

is that your blog? ?????????? Grow Room

Also one more general question: Am I the first of my kind (as stupid as) to plant a germinated seed directly to natural soil?? can that harm the plant? or will it make it stronger?

Back
Top Bottom