White Widow Indoor Veg Outdoor Flower

Let me know how it works. I'm just kinda skeptical of spraying outdoor in mid to late bloom. I worked with a person that did this and it fucked up the smell and taste of good bud. I wouldn't even wanna finish my blunt half the time. I gave a dubee to one of my street corner curb hugging citizens and he looked at me like "WTF di u just pass me?" I knew why he was lookin like that when I saw the look too. Point is try and find the most eco friendly, and ready to use close to harvest safely if u must spray. Dude I was talkin bout used some ortho crap.

Plant updates..... late night photo action!

Blue
Moved Blue outside a few days ago... in perfect time to catch 3 or 4 days of multi-inch storming. Figures. Today was feeding day, so I fed here in the rain. I figure most of the nute value washed away, but she's probably changing gears.... perhaps a very light feeding was called for. She seems fine... the FFOF with rocks in the bottom of the pot must be a good drainage combo.

9-13-09Blue.JPG

Red
Topped her yesterday (day before?). She seems fine. Fed her this morning. Sorry for the craptastic photo... lights were off for most the photos.

9-13-09Red.JPG

Green

She's doing well even tho I'm a dumbass. She's my transplant baby and BWC gave me tons of good advice that I then promply failed to follow. Sorry BWC... I just lost my mind. I was feeding the other babies this morning and didn't mean to feed or water her after the xplant, and damned if I didn't accidently feed her. I think she'll be fine. A few of her big fan leaves have turned down a bit from the overwatering... not chem related curling or anything... just some droopage. Oh yea... of course... I topped her the other day... wtf was I thinking?

9-13-09Green.JPG

White
White is my tri-noded baby. I didn't top her. Overall... she's smaller than the others but she's denser due to the 3 nodes. The nodes have started to offset as the plant matures, but there are still 3 nodes space at 1/3 intervals around the main stem. When she gets a bit bigger I'll grab some clones from her and blossom her to see how she does in flower.

9-13-09White.JPG

9-13-09Tri.JPG

Here's an overall shot of them

9-13-09Group.JPG

I took some topping clones the other day from Red and Green. I had stated in a earlier post that I use perlite in my cloning technique... but I was out of perlite and had been a bit preliminary with my posting, so I used hydroton balls instead. The cover is removed from them in the photos... but it's just a big huge clear ziplog bag I put around the bowl.

9-13-09Clones.JPG

Again... sorry for the overall photo quality. It's late, and the lights were off for most of them. Hell, the outside photo I just pointed the camera and wished real hard. Taking photos at night with no moon can be a challenge!

Cheers

Light off are often the best photos (if the flash doesn't throw the colors off too badly). U see all the real color. Or if u catch it right when the lights come on. Seem like u can expect green to display some symptoms of stress. Ease up on her until u can c how she responds to all of this for best results IMO.

Yeah... I really pushed green to hard overall. This is the sort of random thing that might even lead to hermaphridication. I gotta quit gardening when twisted.

Overall things are great. I'm happy the hydroton works. I'm pleased with the tri-node's general health, but you can see in the group shot that she's barely taller than the other 2 that were topped.

Cheers

some just do that. I got one too. Guess they're slow starters. But a general rule I follow is this: If it starts slow there's a good chance it will be behind the healthy plants the entire cycle. Not always the case, but more often than not. Some growers cull out weak looking or slow growing plants.

That's cool T, I noticed you didn't trim half of the fan leaves off yer clones, does this work better for U ? On another note I kinda like that 3 branched baby, more potential bud/clone sites IMO. I love learnin' all this stuff from U guys, cannot WAIT till Floriduh get's on board, we are workin' on it now. Maybe one more crawfish season.

Alrighty... so, due to some personal damage issues, I pretty much checked out of life for the last week. Let's do some updates!

White and blue are both outside and looking great. Blue is taller for 2 reasons... she went outside about a week before white, and white was topped while blue has been growing without any cropping. White was the tri-noded baby, but she had converted to 2 node growth, and she was a slower grower, so I just slid her outside.

9-20-09WhiteBlue.JPG

9-20-09Blue.JPG

9-20-09white.JPG

Red and Green are doing great. I've been pulling clones from Green.
Red is in the process of being "groomed" to be put oustide. I'm trying to do some topping to even up the upper branches and optimize the end result. I expect to see 8 large blooms out of her.

9-20-09GreenRed.JPG

Clones are all looking fine. I took the clones very early in their mother's lives, so they were fairly small. I left the large leaves on the clones because of their smaller size. They're still all green. I havn't seen any roots coming out of the rapid rooter plugs yet.

Cheers!

I pulled 2 more clones off or Red this afternoon and sent her outside to flower.
I really like the way the topping made her branch out. She's got 6 main branches going up, and all the branches are an even height. She'd make a good candidate for a SOG grow because she's so even. Perhaps I'll try setting up an outside SOG grow someday.
Green will be staying in the veg chamber as a clone source. I like her inter-node distances and becuase her nodes are closer, she's growing thicker than the others.

Cheers

Cheers

Tead, really impressive grow and the cloning are so happy looking.
If you put a crop outside right now, would you have a quick flowering crop ready by December?

Blue went outside on 9/13 and I think I'm seeing bloom action starting all over. The seedbank says indoor flowering time is 9 weeks, and I would imagine in the sun, it might even be a bit quicker, but perhaps that's wishful thinking.
At any rate, I'd hope to see some love from them in November, barring any growing issues. I have yet to burn these babies at all... I seem to have a bit of a poor track record with nutes.
Cold weather will probably come around late Nov or Dec (hell.. maybe not at all), but it's not freezing or anything. We see occasional freezes, but I just drag the babies into an outdoor shed and turn on a small heater when the weather get down to freezing. Probably happens 3 or 4 times a year, and usually at night, so it's not a major issue.
I have a clone tray and humidity dome, but it's kinda big, so I've been using gallon ziplock bags and soup bowls with hydroton in them to hold the rapid rooter plugs in place. It's a really compact setup. I can fit 4 clones (in rapid rooter plugs) into each soup bowl. The fat lady has yet to pump out a tune, but the clones look ok and the leaves are still soft and subtle. No roots outside the rapid rooter plugs yet tho.

The overall concept is to get a steady supply of plants using a Sea of Green process with clones and vegging occuring in the veg cab. I think I have the room to do an ongoing run with the WW's. I'm hoping that I can bring 1 plant from the rooted clone stage to the end of veg in 5 weeks. If I start babies once a week, I should have 5 plants in the veg chamber at any given time (1/week) and a garden full of flowering ladies. Harvesting a plant a week this way seems pretty reasonable. I can easily incorporate other strains into this system to increase diversity.

Cheers, and thanks for the input. It's been a quiet thread since I checked out of humanity last week. Back now tho... I'm sure the banter will pick back up.

wow tead, looking great! Count me in for sure! +reps! Give me a shout sometime at my journal, green mojo to you!

{|Czar|} :riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom