Trill's DWC Lemon AK Auto, Wedding Cheesecake Auto, Gorilla Glue Auto and White Widow Auto Grow Journal - 2022

The sooner the better

How much do you have invested in the current line? Probably best to stay the course with the flowers, but we can look into what’s available for the seedlings if you are interested.
I'm not very invested yet. I was already starting to wonder about Advanced Nutrients bc of how they aren't supposed to need as much pH adjustment.

I'm not very invested yet. I was already starting to wonder about Advanced Nutrients bc of how they aren't supposed to need as much pH adjustment.
Advanced Nutrients? My recs were based on this:
General Hydroponics Flora Series (micro, grow, bloom)
-General Hydroponics CALiMAGic
-General Hydroponics ArmorSi
-Cannazyme
-General Hydroponics Ph Up/Down

Advanced Nutrients?
I apologize for being vague. What I should have said is that I'm not currently very invested in the GH product line and Cannazyme that I'm currently using, but will continue to use them for the duration of these two flowering plants, if that's recommended. I'm am curious about other nutes for the seedlings though and have started to wonder about the Advanced Nutrients.

I'm interested to find out what you recommend for the seedlings.

@TrilliumBubble I'm using Advanced Nutrients on my grow now in DWC. They are quite expensive but they work well. I use my well water so I still need to manipulate the pH from time to time but they seem very stable. If they weren't so expensive, with so many additives needed, I would stay with them. Instead I will be moving to a one-part dry fertilizer when the AN is gone.

Happy Growing.

@TrilliumBubble I'm using Advanced Nutrients on my grow now in DWC. They are quite expensive but they work well. I use my well water so I still need to manipulate the pH from time to time but they seem very stable. If they weren't so expensive, with so many additives needed, I would stay with them. Instead I will be moving to a one-part dry fertilizer when the AN is gone.

Happy Growing.
I see what you did there

Would you say that this particular dry fertilizer is something someone just learning to grow cannabis could figure out?

I see what you did there

Would you say that this particular dry fertilizer is something someone just learning to grow cannabis could figure out?
Here is a link about it. I absolutely think you could use it as well, especially with help on here ;)

3/8
I had noticed the brown spotting had spread a little on the same leaves it had developed on, but didn't seem to be spreading to new leaves or new growth. I mixed up the new resevoir 3/8 according to the new feed recommendation. I also added the Cannazyme (7.3 T) like before and adjusted the pH to 5.5. I was a little anxious since the EC was considerably higher than the previous batch, but the poor plants were being deprived after all.

EC: 2.6
PPM:1245

3/9
I adjusted the pH since it had bounced up to 6.8, but that has been typical of the morning after a new batch. The EC was still pretty much the same so I left it was it was. By 10:30pm, the water was low and EC higher. I added a gallon of water with the new feed recommations. I also noticed a couple of tiny brown spots on the White Widow and Gorilla Glue and added 2.5 mL of Gro, Micro, and Bloom to the 5 gallons of pHed water. Unfortunately the photos are a little blurry bc they're from a video capture.

EC at 11am: 2.6
PPM at 11am: 1236
EC at 1030pm: 2.8
PPM: 1323

VC0309.jpg

20220309_223849.jpg

I raised the lights. The Wedding Cheesecake and Lemon AK continue to get taller. I really regret not scrogging the plants when they started flowering, but I'll certainly do that with the White Widow and Gorilla Glue. The lux reading says it ranges from 40,803-71,182 luxes, assuming the Lux Light Meter Pro app is accurate. :hmmmm:

20220310_133906.jpg

I am wondering if there's anything I should be looking for since changing the quantity of nutes? I figure it will take a while to know if it's the deficiencies are being improved though, right?

Once again, the photos are blurry bc they're from a video capture. I'll have to see if there's a way to load a video.
20220310_114213.jpg

20220310_114021.jpg
20220310_114008.jpg

Taken with LED lights on so brown spots look more orange. I'm concerned about the tips of the sugar leaves folding together.

As I'm putting this post together based off my photos of the pH and EC meter I caught my mistake. I should have only added pHed water with CalMag. It's been a rough couple of days. We had to put my cat down yesterday and bury her today. Hopefully the plants will bounce back. I'm going to dilute the water now.

EC: 2.9
PPM: 1398

Vc03095.jpg

Vc03095.jpg

I think it’s good practice to just add fresh water (which will bring EC down), adjust reservoir pH back to 5.8, and repeat until the reservoir EC is about 40% less than the initial - then replace reservoir with fresh mix.

It might be the Cannazyme that is really bumping up the EC. The elemental ppms for the suggested mix only add up to about 560 ppm.

edit to correct misstatement

Should I maybe make a new batch for the reservoir and not add the Cannazyme? I'm totally willing to if that's best.

My brain is kinda mush so bear with me, but what I think you're saying is to add plain fresh water to the Res and THEN adjust the pH to the whole thing? Skip the CalMag? This will bring down the EC.....sorry but you lost me at "to repeat this until resevoir EC is 40% of initial".

40% of 2.6?

Should I maybe make a new batch for the reservoir and not add the Cannazyme? I'm totally willing to if that's best.
I don’t have any experience with it is all. I believe it’s considered very beneficial for DWC.
My brain is kinda mush so bear with me, but what I think you're saying is to add plain fresh water to the Res and THEN adjust the pH to the whole thing? Skip the CalMag? This will bring down the EC.....sorry but you lost me at "to repeat this until resevoir EC is 40% of initial".

40% of 2.6?
No problem - you’re most of the way there. There’s really no reason to expect that the plant needs more CalMag if your initial mix is correct. Adding fresh water and encouraging the plant to drink - with a gradually slightly lower EC - prevents over-dosing the plant by letting the EC get/stay too high - and it stops drinking. Just adjust the reservoir pH to 5.8 after adding fresh water.
When the EC of the reservoir - after repeated dilutions with fresh water - reaches about 40% less than the initial EC (say from 1.0 to 0.6) - just replace with a fresh reservoir.
BTW, I went back and corrected the misstatement in my last post.
:surf:

I don’t have any experience with it is all. I believe it’s considered very beneficial for DWC.

No problem - you’re most of the way there. There’s really no reason to expect that the plant needs more CalMag if your initial mix is correct. Adding fresh water and encouraging the plant to drink - with a gradually slightly lower EC - prevents over-dosing the plant by letting the EC get/stay too high - and it stops drinking. Just adjust the reservoir pH to 5.8 after adding fresh water.
When the EC of the reservoir - after repeated dilutions with fresh water - reaches about 40% less than the initial EC (say from 1.0 to 0.6) - just replace with a fresh reservoir.
Ok, cool! :cool: Now I gotcha!

I appreciate your patience :Namaste:

Haha, the more and more I've been topping off my res, the more and more anxious I become about truly understanding what you said :nervous-guy:

So I just keep diluting the Res until the EC goes down to 1.56? I started with 2.6 and 40% of 2.6 is 1.56.

If this is correct, what proportions do I make the next Res? And can you pls explain how to get to those amounts? I have no idea how you got the ppm's you based your suggested nute amounts from. :morenutes:

You really deserve an award for answering my questions. Feel free to tell me to buzz off if it's too much to explain. :Namaste:

Haha, the more and more I've been topping off my res, the more and more anxious I become about truly understanding what you said :nervous-guy:

So I just keep diluting the Res until the EC goes down to 1.56? I started with 2.6 and 40% of 2.6 is 1.56.
What I meant was 40% less than starting— so 60% of 2.6 is 1.56 - hey, what happened there?
You can dilute until the EC gets down to 1.6 or 1.8 or whatever you feel comfortable with. I was just saying that by the time the EC is down by 40%, the reservoir should be replaced - since the plant has probably consumed unequal amounts of the various elements (ions) and the nutrients may be out of balance. Plus the plant has exuded what it considers waste into the reservoir.

If this is correct, what proportions do I make the next Res?
There’s a mix I recommended up there somewhere (page 1?).
And can you pls explain how to get to those amounts? I have no idea how you got the ppm's you based your suggested nute amounts from. :morenutes:
I have a spreadsheet, but it’s pretty easy to learn the equations.
You really deserve an award for answering my questions. Feel free to tell me to buzz off if it's too much to explain. :Namaste:
On the contrary
:passitleft:

Strains:
- Lemon AK auto (75% Sativa/25% Indica), flowering stage for about 3 weeks*, full strength nutes
- Wedding Cheesecake Auto (65%/35% Indica), flowering stage for about 2 weeks*, full strength nutes
*assuming flowering stage is when I first saw pistils
-Gorilla Glue Auto (65% Sativa/35% Indica) Seedling stage, pHed water and 1mL of CaliMagic per 5 gallons
-White Widow Auto (40%Sativa/60% Indica) Seedling Stage

No. Of Plants: 4 plants

Bucket for Wedding Cheesecake Auto and Lemon AK auto :
20 Gallon Rubbermaid Brute tote

Bucket for Gorilla Glue Auto and White Widow Auto:
5 gallon bucket

Medium:
hydroton clay

Lights currently used (not cooled):
-Parfact Works 15.75" x 8" 190W LED
-Parfact Works 12" x 12" 230W LED

Light used until 2/2/22 (not cooled):
-Platinum LED 36" x 8" 600W

Air stones:
-2 per container
-2" x 4"

Air Pump:
-Sun YT304
-18 LPM
-8.5W

Nutrients:
-General Hydroponics Flora Series (micro, grow, bloom)
-General Hydroponics CALiMAGic
-General Hydroponics ArmorSi
-Cannazyme
-General Hydroponics Ph Up/Down

Tent:
-Custom made Panda Film Tent
-PVC Frame
-open top
-Size: 5' x 5' x 8'

Temp of Tent:
- 82F degrees

RH of Tent:
- 45%

PH of Res:

No Pests (knock on wood)

Topping off Res about daily

20220306_134709.jpg

Gorilla Glue Auto and White Widow

20220306_134528.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake (left) and Lemon AK auto (right)

20220306_134023.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake

20220306_134142.jpg

Lemon AK Auto

20220306_134204.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake

20220306_134406.jpg

Wedding Cheesecake

20220306_140003.jpg

Lemon AK

20220306_134057.jpg

Lemon AK clawing?

I need help figuring out what's up with my plants. I was worried that it was cal/mag deficiency since I had to top off about 4 or 5 gallons last week, but didn't add CaliMagic to the water. I've adjusted that since then. I also wondered if it could have been septoria so I got a dehumidifier and it's now at 45% RH (down from 60%-70%). I was concerned with the red stems and raised the lights to about 20" away and the lux no longer exceeds 60,000. Still don't know what's up with the clawing.

Thanks in advance for any advise or thoughts. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask questions here or post in "Frequently Asked Questions", so I apologize if this is incorrect.

@BakedARea @Bill284 @Rexer

20220306_134451.jpg
calMag deff

Back
Top Bottom