Trill's DWC Lemon AK Auto, Wedding Cheesecake Auto, Gorilla Glue Auto and White Widow Auto Grow Journal - 2022

3/8
I had noticed the brown spotting had spread a little on the same leaves it had developed on, but didn't seem to be spreading to new leaves or new growth. I mixed up the new resevoir 3/8 according to the new feed recommendation. I also added the Cannazyme (7.3 T) like before and adjusted the pH to 5.5. I was a little anxious since the EC was considerably higher than the previous batch, but the poor plants were being deprived after all.

EC: 2.6
PPM:1245

3/9
I adjusted the pH since it had bounced up to 6.8, but that has been typical of the morning after a new batch. The EC was still pretty much the same so I left it was it was. By 10:30pm, the water was low and EC higher. I added a gallon of water with the new feed recommations. I also noticed a couple of tiny brown spots on the White Widow and Gorilla Glue and added 2.5 mL of Gro, Micro, and Bloom to the 5 gallons of pHed water. Unfortunately the photos are a little blurry bc they're from a video capture.

EC at 11am: 2.6
PPM at 11am: 1236
EC at 1030pm: 2.8
PPM: 1323

VC0309.jpg

20220309_223849.jpg

I raised the lights. The Wedding Cheesecake and Lemon AK continue to get taller. I really regret not scrogging the plants when they started flowering, but I'll certainly do that with the White Widow and Gorilla Glue. The lux reading says it ranges from 40,803-71,182 luxes, assuming the Lux Light Meter Pro app is accurate. :hmmmm:

20220310_133906.jpg

I am wondering if there's anything I should be looking for since changing the quantity of nutes? I figure it will take a while to know if it's the deficiencies are being improved though, right?

Once again, the photos are blurry bc they're from a video capture. I'll have to see if there's a way to load a video.
20220310_114213.jpg

20220310_114021.jpg
20220310_114008.jpg

Taken with LED lights on so brown spots look more orange. I'm concerned about the tips of the sugar leaves folding together.

As I'm putting this post together based off my photos of the pH and EC meter I caught my mistake. I should have only added pHed water with CalMag. It's been a rough couple of days. We had to put my cat down yesterday and bury her today. Hopefully the plants will bounce back. I'm going to dilute the water now.

EC: 2.9
PPM: 1398

Vc03095.jpg

Vc03095.jpg
Here you go. You might need this u got multiple things going on there.

Screenshot_20220305-110653.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-210616~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-210616.jpg

Screenshot_20220205-205007.jpg

What I meant was 40% less than starting— so 60% of 2.6 is 1.56 - hey, what happened there?
You can dilute until the EC gets down to 1.6 or 1.8 or whatever you feel comfortable with. I was just saying that by the time the EC is down by 40%, the reservoir should be replaced - since the plant has probably consumed unequal amounts of the various elements (ions) and the nutrients may be out of balance. Plus the plant has exuded what it considers waste into the reservoir.

There’s a mix I recommended up there somewhere (page 1?).

I have a spreadsheet, but it’s pretty easy to learn the equations.

On the contrary
:passitleft:
Oh man. :rolleyes: My math skills are pretty rusty but I suppose doing basic percentages will help me improve them. Thanks again for your patience.

I just continue to use the same mix? Is this for the whole flowering period?

I'd love to learn the equations for the sake of understanding (or trying).

Thanks again for your patience. :thanks:

Do the leaves displaying CalMag deficiency improve in color eventually if the amount is met?
I do not believe so. I suck at remembering stuff like this. I'm sure someone else will chime in that will set us straight.

In the beginning stage of deficiency - when parts of the leaf start turning yellow (from the tip with N and in-between the veins with Mg) - fertilizer application may turn these parts green again. But once the cells die (brown spots), the necrosis is forever.

It think it's interesting that molybdenum is Mb on the Jorge Cervantes page but Mo on the others. Anyhoo, I wonder if that's what I have going on on the photos of the Wedding Cheesecake?

20220314_085129.jpg
Looks like I got more than one thing going at same time bro. But that leaf there is calMag deff.. the lower ones. Look like potassium def. But hard to tell not looking directly at it. If u go to that chart. I gave um most time if it's mobile deff. It's all over. Some deffiencey stay lower section first than work up the plant. U have to look and see. And think outside the box some.

Do the leaves displaying CalMag deficiency improve in color eventually if the amount is met?
It will stop spread of deff. Leaf want get better. . Leaves only going to get color green as health goes .
Like phosphorus will start killing leafs at bottom work way up. Potash is directly to fan leaves then working inwards. How u tell what is what on deffiencey

Looking at those poor plants, one might think that they were burned up from excessive fertilizer - but it’s just the opposite - they pulled everything out of the leaves to grow flowers - because they were so underfed.

Welcome back Trill!

Looking at those poor plants, one might think that they were burned up from excessive fertilizer - but it’s just the opposite - they pulled everything out of the leaves to grow flowers - because they were so underfed.

Welcome back Trill!
I obviously should have kept posting updates, especially when the fan leaves started yellowing, but I thought that was normal towards the end of flowering. :(

So they're completely toast right? Even if I increase the nutes at this point, they trichomes won't mature?

How's everyone's weekend going? Happy Sunday!

I was feeling ok about my latest plants, the White Widow and Gorilla Glue, but noticed these spots on them today. Along with the leaves twisting on the newest growth.

20220410_145810.jpg

20220410_145800.jpg

20220410_145828.jpg

Is that calcium deficiency? Looks like what my Wedding Cheesecake was dealing with before it cannabalized it self. If so, can I add GH CalMag liquid since I don't have the MC supplement on hand?

I've been feeding them with MC 1 part and trying to keep the EC at 2.0, but it goes up to 2.3 sometimes in between topping off. Ph is at 5.8. They were in a 5 gallon bucket but I'm moving them to another 20 gallon tote like the other plants.

I didn't have room for both totes in the tent but, now that the Wedding Cheesecake has been chopped down, I have a lot more room.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any input :):peace:

20220410_145835.jpg

I've been feeding them with MC 1 part and trying to keep the EC at 2.0, but it goes up to 2.3 sometimes in between topping off. Ph is at 5.8. They were in a 5 gallon bucket but I'm moving them to another 20 gallon tote like the other plants.
There are several versions of MC. What’s the Ca and Mg listed on yours? The spots on the lower leaves look like Mg def. The twisted new leaves might be Ca def.

Moving up to the larger tote will help a lot. In the meantime, you can try increasing the CalMag by 2-3ml/gallon.

There are several versions of MC. What’s the Ca and Mg listed on yours? The spots on the lower leaves look like Mg def. The twisted new leaves might be Ca def.

Moving up to the larger tote will help a lot. In the meantime, you can try increasing the CalMag by 2-3ml/gallon.
20220410_170448.jpg

5.6% Ca
2.3% Mg

Cool! Thank you! I'll add 2mg/gal of GH CalMag for now.

I've been trying to see what recommended EC there are for autos bc the MC bag suggests an EC of 1.7 for late veg, but that's much too low. So is the MC feeding calculator which recommends 1.1 for late veg.

Is there any feed chart you'd recommend?

Edited bc I meant 2 mL!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom