Trimming?

fushigi

My plant is about 5 weeks in veg and my friends that I am growing with have decided to top their plants and have told me to do so, but I don't really want to until after I change her to 12/12. So I guess my question is do I have to top/trim my plants during veg. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

You are better off topping during veg. When you top, it makes your plants stall for a while to recooperate. Plus, you don't want to start your plants flowering and then top .... you'll be hacking off the flowers that are begining. If you have the vertical room, there no need to top. Although, it will split your main stem into two which will give you two main colas.

I would top .... then let it veg for a couple weeks. Then flip it.

you dont want to top that plant during flowering WAY TOO MUCH STRESS for her.... Mutt is right do it in veg and wait till she re-coops cuz otherwise its possible you can make her hermie if you wait till flowering.... :thumb:

Hey guys thanks for the input it really helps me out alot. I think with this plant I'm not going to top it and see how it grows out. But when it comes to trimming the fan leaves and such is it okay that I wait until flower or would that hurt her?

it could shock her during flowering... cuz she is focusing on making her bud... then all of a sudden SHE'S LIKE WHAT HAPPEN TO MY LEAVES!!! lol but i know some people do it and have no issues others wish they hadnt cuz they feel it affected bud growth... its really up to you.... i would play it safe and stick to doing stuff in veg...

Back
Top Bottom