Trying to decide on LED setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawdaddy

Hi all, been reading through the threads, and this is my first post.

I am looking to buy a 4 X 4 foot grow tent for mostly flowering (probably use some some HO fluorescents in a closet for veg/clone). I am a techie kind of guy and really like idea of heat control so want to go LED.

I have decided to go with something from advanced LED. Was looking at ------------ or California lighting solar storm, but both some more expensive for same performance. I am trying to decide what light is best for me form these two;

1. the NEW - Diamond Series XML - 10W CREE XML 350

2. or the Diamond Series 600 W which is $300 more.

Couple questions...

From their website the core coverage of the XML is actually bigger with less wattage and $300 cheaper...better design? or just bad numbers?

I like the idea of 10W Cree, think less of these is better then more of the 3W LED?

Is either good light for 4X4, or should I go for two 400 W Diamonds? or another combo of smaller?

Thanks in advance, love the site so far. May make a journal of my current out door grow, 6 clones in 20 gallon pots, bushy as can be. But i think they budding already ?!?!?! Any how save questions for it for different forum.

Hosebomber, I appreciate the reply. I was thinking the same thing, but what intrigues me is the 10 W LED, looks like 10 of them in the larger model. Wonder if that is why they 'rate' it for same area. thoughts?

I have seen a lot of grow journals with the diamond series but none with the XML, but I love trying new stuff. But it such an investment want to get it right.

BTW, i have noticed many of your posts, you seem to think along the same scientific levels I do. Interested in your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom