Turning Yellow!

NewToTheGrow

BD9CB2A6-62C3-4CE3-8490-E4AC27F2A1F1.jpeg
Hey guys I have my baby in flowering and her leaves are turning yellow. Not sure if it’s under fed, over watered or it’s dying or wtf is going on? Is it normal? I grew her from seed so she’s my baby and don’t want her to die just before the good stuff happens. Any pointers would be highly appreciated :/

Read this
Answer questions
And report back

Help us help you

Thanks heaps for the replies guys, gotta love the power of the internet and weed. Ok so the 12/12 budding light cycle has been occurring from 22/11/19 (New Zealand format dd/mm/yy). Ph level of water is around 7 here. I’ve used a 1.5L of booster in that month of budding stage as the booster is just for budding. I didn’t put as much booster in as it stated because I didn’t want to get burn from over feeding. Maybe under feeding? Temp is 13-30c as the temp here is quite up and down. Humidity is 60-80ish. My light setup is odd. 1500watt bulb but the light balisk is only 600watt, to be honest I dunno wtf is going on but I grew the bitch from seed so it’s definitely working. Other photos are just for more info. Please comment if you know what’s going on. Cause I really don’t want to fuck this up. Maybe I’m just paranoid and the leaves aren’t actually that bad off? Let me know please xx

Attachments

• 14829848-391A-4C55-A55A-2CB95D517654.jpeg
    14829848-391A-4C55-A55A-2CB95D517654.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 120
B9BBC347-95B0-480B-9762-39A55014514A.jpeg

Attachments

• 2A669068-8F3C-4ED9-A350-93FFF5726EC9.jpeg
    2A669068-8F3C-4ED9-A350-93FFF5726EC9.jpeg
    896.5 KB · Views: 123
  • CD353B29-CC57-4856-866A-A862DBA23B0B.jpeg
    CD353B29-CC57-4856-866A-A862DBA23B0B.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 128
  • AB6A74D8-D263-4B6E-9964-0FD4218847B1.jpeg
    AB6A74D8-D263-4B6E-9964-0FD4218847B1.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 121
  • CBF24009-7424-4A52-8261-02D7855E0F68.jpeg
    CBF24009-7424-4A52-8261-02D7855E0F68.jpeg
    911.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 7A2C0892-4170-4D1F-80AE-D03E27E97299.jpeg
    7A2C0892-4170-4D1F-80AE-D03E27E97299.jpeg
    663.2 KB · Views: 112
Unless it’s something like coir you should be PHing your water at 6.3. Have a look at this chart. I imagine your soil is now full of salt and nutes that haven’t been taken up. First things first. What is the composition of your soil?

Your using nutrients with the word "bio" in it. This signifies that it's a nutrient that isnt in a chelated form and the NPK aren't immediately available. They have to be broken down first by.....microbes. Disregard any pH advise, especially since your water going in is neutral (7). Soil pH WILL FLUCTUATE, based on what element is accumulating and what elements are being taken up by the plant. This causes an pH swing and is completely normal with soils that are rich with microbes. Cations and Anions are either positively or negatively charge ions that influence your pH and the availability of certain elements.

As to your leaves turning yellow.... this is also very normal during mid flower. If your plants yellow leaves turn from yellow to dead crispy brown, now you have a problem. But the closer to harvest you get the yellow leaves will get crispy and be naturally shed. This is the plant using up all its internal storages. Leafs are the storage for nutrients.
However if your leaves are dying off too fast then I'd be inclined to believe you have a shortage of one or more elements. In your case, your nutrients are supplied with your scheduled watering. Dont feed every time you water, feed every other.

Your using nutrients with the word "bio" in it. This signifies that it's a nutrient that isnt in a chelated form and the NPK aren't immediately available. They have to be broken down first by.....microbes. Disregard any pH advise, especially since your water going in is neutral (7). Soil pH WILL FLUCTUATE, based on what element is accumulating and what elements are being taken up by the plant. This causes an pH swing and is completely normal with soils that are rich with microbes. Cations and Anions are either positively or negatively charge ions that influence your pH and the availability of certain elements.

As to your leaves turning yellow.... this is also very normal during mid flower. If your plants yellow leaves turn from yellow to dead crispy brown, now you have a problem. But the closer to harvest you get the yellow leaves will get crispy and be naturally shed. This is the plant using up all its internal storages. Leafs are the storage for nutrients.
However if your leaves are dying off too fast then I'd be inclined to believe you have a shortage of one or more elements. In your case, your nutrients are supplied with your scheduled watering. Dont feed every time you water, feed every other.
Thanks for the reply mate. It just sounds like I have been under feeding I would say. I have only used nutrients every 4th watering. It’s not dying fast so I would say it’s natural for the leaves to go yellow from what you have said. They haven’t gone crispy just yellow. Not all of them either.

Politely, I don’t agree with the advice you were given. You aren’t even half way through flowering and your leaves are bleaching. That’s not normal.

From what you are saying the only bio involved in your grow is the nute bottle. You should PH your water at 6.3. Read the grow guide for biocanna. Biocanna Grow Guide. It recommends PH between 6 and 6.5 if you are having issues. You aren’t using their grow medium. Are you using their complement of nutes or just Bioflores?

How do you measure your PH?

I agree that you look like you’ve got deficiencies. You aren’t helping your plant by under feeding. I would give what is recommended. I don’t see anything wrong with a bit of nute burn. It lets you know that it’s taking them in. When you see it, just back off a bit.

Thanks for the reply mate. It just sounds like I have been under feeding I would say. I have only used nutrients every 4th watering. It’s not dying fast so I would say it’s natural for the leaves to go yellow from what you have said. They haven’t gone crispy just yellow. Not all of them either.

Hit her with some N and they should green up some. Too much N is counter productive in flower, but a little is appropriate for vertical cola growth.

Politely, I don’t agree with the advice you were given. You aren’t even half way through flowering and your leaves are bleaching. That’s not normal.

From what you are saying the only bio involved in your grow is the nute bottle. You should PH your water at 6.3. Read the grow guide for biocanna. Biocanna Grow Guide. It recommends PH between 6 and 6.5 if you are having issues. You aren’t using their grow medium. Are you using their complement of nutes or just Bioflores?

How do you measure your PH?

I agree that you look like you’ve got deficiencies. You aren’t helping your plant by under feeding. I would give what is recommended. I don’t see anything wrong with a bit of nute burn. It lets you know that it’s taking them in. When you see it, just back off a bit.
I have a PH reader from the internet. How do I bring down the PH if the water is 7?? I will buy some Nitrogen nutes and give her some of that. Thanks for the advice brother :)

I have a PH reader from the internet. How do I bring down the PH if the water is 7?? I will buy some Nitrogen nutes and give her some of that. Thanks for the advice brother :)

I bought a bottles of PH up and down. I don’t really use the Up unless I use too much of the down. A little goes a long way.

Or ... use vinegar

I asked about your PH reader, because some of them are absolute crap.

A good place to start with ph down is 1ml per gallon of water, add it and wait 15-20 minute and use you ph meter again to test. Just keep adding 1-2 ml until your reach your target ph. My water starts at 7 ph too. If you add to much by mistake and ph drops way too low just add more water to bring it back up.

A good place to start with ph down is 1ml per gallon of water, add it and wait 15-20 minute and use you ph meter again to test. Just keep adding 1-2 ml until your reach your target ph. My water starts at 7 ph too. If you add to much by mistake and ph drops way too low just add more water to bring it back up.

Back
Top Bottom