Uh oh, please help

Sashasrs

Hi. I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ve been following this site religiously .Great peeps ! I tied down my white widow, and found 3 leaves that look not very well! I’m having heart palpitations, what have I done? I am trying to LST her. Is she too little? Too much humidity? Tied incorrectly? HELP. These are pics of her 3 leaves with problems.

Attachments

• 9FC33598-5811-4B77-ABC6-37310E9387A8.jpeg
    9FC33598-5811-4B77-ABC6-37310E9387A8.jpeg
    734.5 KB · Views: 112
  • E23B7C83-AD44-424F-AAB4-C7248E95AF67.jpeg
    E23B7C83-AD44-424F-AAB4-C7248E95AF67.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 758E80E2-805E-4D1A-BFAE-3E8BFF40A625.jpeg
    758E80E2-805E-4D1A-BFAE-3E8BFF40A625.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 430E9537-8218-4882-AC5C-B27DC7615986.jpeg
    430E9537-8218-4882-AC5C-B27DC7615986.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 120
Hi. I’ve been feeding since week 2. It seems to be healthy other than those leaves. I can’t keep the humidity up. I have a humidifier in the tent, but it seems to go too high( 80+) or without it. , 39%. There is a air filter and exhaust on all of the time, could that dry out the plant? The leaves look and feel dried out on 3 leaves. I use Snoops premium nutrients. She was sprouted on November 1.

Hi. I’ve been feeding since week 2. It seems to be healthy other than those leaves. I can’t keep the humidity up. I have a humidifier in the tent, but it seems to go too high( 80+) or without it. , 39%. There is a air filter and exhaust on all of the time, could that dry out the plant? The leaves look and feel dried out on 3 leaves. I use Snoops premium nutrients. She was sprouted on November 1.
In veg, as long as my humidity lands between 40-60% I'm happy with that. Temps lights on around 75-80f. She honestly looks fine. Leaves can discolor a little like you have. As long as it doesn't progress I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on it.

I can’t keep the humidity up. I have a humidifier in the tent, but it seems to go too high( 80+) or without it. , 39%. There is a air filter and exhaust on all of the time, could that dry out the plant? The leaves look and feel dried out on 3 leaves. I use Snoops premium nutrients. She was sprouted on November 1.
Going to take a stab at this. I am thinking that the air outside the tent has a humidity of about 40%. Since your humidifier is inside the tent it brings the air up to 80%. You turn off the humidifier and the humidity drops back down to the same as it is outside the tent. The way it reads to me, you are venting the humid air out of the tent into the room and replacing it by drawing in the drier room air. It is a vicious cycle, kind of like using a small heater to warm up the air in the tent and then venting the tent's warm out the wall into the outdoors instead of venting it back into a closed room and helping to heat the room. If it is winter where you are most likely the furnace is drying out the air while it heats it up adding to this vicious cycle.

I have an enclosed cabinet for flowering in my basement growing room. I have an air filter for keeping the odor of the flowers from filling up the rest of the house. On the air filter there is a pre-filter and that traps the dust particles. The odor molecules make it through the pre-filter and are trapped by the charcoal. The filter is pointed at the inside top of the cabinet and now acts as another fan because the discharge creates an air flow that spreads across the top of the flowering plants. The humidity inside the cabinent fluctuates between the room level up to about 20% more in the 12-18 hours after a heavy watering. Normal watering sessions do not increase the inside humidity much more than 10% for about 12 hours, often less increase and for fewer hours.

Maybe try an experiment. Run the humidifier till inside of the tent is about 80%. Turn off the humidifier and the filter for awhile and see how long it takes the air in the tent to loose the excess humidity. Not sure if you will be able to do this if you are exhausting the air because your lights are producing to much heat for the inside of the tent or because the lights need the active cooling.

The temp in the tent is 74 almost always. It’s not humid enough. This house is old and alittle dry. I just can’t keep the humidity up unless I use a humidifier. I grow in soil and use LED lights. Thank you for your help!!

Do you really need that charcoal filter during early veg? I've always ran a humidifier full speed for the first 40 days of veg and after that there's been plenty of leaves to transpire water to naturally raise the moisture in the air.

Do you really need that charcoal filter during early veg? I've always ran a humidifier full speed for the first 40 days of veg and after that there's been plenty of leaves to transpire water to naturally raise the moisture in the air.
I don't. In my case the filter is in the cabinet that is strictly used for flowering. Some others have used the filter throughout the grow because they are using the attached blower to remove hot air from around the lights. Plus, they are often planning their entire grow from veg to flower in the same tent.

They are older leaves. I absolutely don’t need the the air filter and fan on. I thought if I left it on it would cool it down. But than humidity drops to 39%. I turned it off this morning. Now it’s 50% humidity and 81 degrees. I look in on her every hour , when I’m home.

If they're lower leaves, this could be caused by small droplets of water from humidity in the dark, and when you turn the light on, it will burn like this, as the small droplets of water magnify the light. It's a very common thing that can be fixed by keeping a fan on overnight, so no moisture settles on the leaves, or by being careful not to get water on the leaves when feeding.

It looks very similar to overfeeding, but that comes in the form of brown burns at the tips of the leaves... yours is not like that, so we can rule that out.

Nothing to worry about at all.

I personally think you should just keep humidity at whatever it is in your room/grow space, without the humidifier - ditch it. These plants grow in dry climates in the wild, they don't need this luxury to survive. Humidity is more important in flowering stage, keeping it low. You can Veg this plant with 50% humidity and it will still come out fine. How do I know, because I have done it myself.

Thank you so much! I did turn off the humidifier and the air filter. What a difference! The humidity is about 60-65 % and the temperature is alittle high.. that’s 84 degrees

Attachments

• EC4B0A7E-2330-40EB-8C03-B2DA09F4A3FD.jpeg
    EC4B0A7E-2330-40EB-8C03-B2DA09F4A3FD.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 124
  • FE749C5E-47F8-4352-B7FC-036482C16836.jpeg
    FE749C5E-47F8-4352-B7FC-036482C16836.jpeg
    671.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 09AEC99E-513E-4DC8-BDDD-6F261B8EEEE2.jpeg
    09AEC99E-513E-4DC8-BDDD-6F261B8EEEE2.jpeg
    735.6 KB · Views: 129
Thank you so much! I did turn off the humidifier and the air filter. What a difference! The humidity is about 60-65 % and the temperature is alittle high.. that’s 84 degrees
The temperature in my flowering cabinet will get up that high this time of year. As winter progresses it will drop and by the beginning of spring it should be about 75 while the rest of the room and the vegetating area gets to about 67-68 during the day.

I am using a basement room and it will warm back up down there when the soil on the other side of the basement walls warms back up. About half way between the first day of spring and the first day of summer the temperatures will start to heat back up. The basement floor will be a consistent 55 degrees unless the furnace is turned off for months and the rest of the house is allowed to cool off to outside temperatures.

Ok. My problem now is the leaves are curving up, since last night. It’s 80 degrees and 82 % humidity. I just don’t get it. I raised the light , and haven’t fed or watered for 2 days so it’s not that. Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Attachments

• 27168CBE-68B0-4CC9-96FC-2B6C504B8E73.jpeg
    27168CBE-68B0-4CC9-96FC-2B6C504B8E73.jpeg
    668.5 KB · Views: 128
Most likely the lights are giving off the heat and before you were drawing the heat out when the filter blower motor was turned on. And while the filter motor is on it is also sucking out the humid air and drier room air is drawn in.

What kind and size of lights are you running. Maybe some of the others will be familiar with the lighting system and could suggest some way to draw hot air away from the lights without out pulling a lot of the humid air.

Example being that I have seen photos where the grower puts up a hood just above the the lights and a gentle fan or blower system would pull just enough hot air away from that particular area keeping the light fixtures cool and dropping the tent temperature enough to solve that problem. I sounds like two different problems that are taking place at the same time; to much humidity being pulled our and not enough heat. Just some suggestions but I feel it can be solved.

Back
Top Bottom