UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC - Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

Interesting, why can't you clone them? Is it cuz by the time your ready to clone it would be flowering? Or because the clone would just start flowering...or maybe the stress issue.

Interesting, why can't you clone them? Is it cuz by the time your ready to clone it would be flowering? Or because the clone would just start flowering...or maybe the stress issue.

My understanding is that the clone would begin flowering. There is no way to keep an auto in veg if it's ready to start flowering. So you can't let the clone grow and remain in veg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My understanding is that the clone would begin flowering. There is no way to keep an auto in veg if it's ready to start flowering. So you can't let the clone grow and remain in veg

Exactly, predetermined life cycle, you can slow it down but not stop it.

I might top one of them to see how it reacts. But I'm still undecided. Figure I still have a week or so to decide.

I'll be topping all of my auto's this year,my northern lights auto loved it from last year and it usually keeps them reasonably short which suits me.You can actually take clones from auto's but it's just not worth it as its life span seems pre determined so they usually don't amount to much other than a single bud that would have been bigger if left on the plant

UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC / Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

I'll be topping all of my auto's this year,my northern lights auto loved it from last year and it usually keeps them reasonably short which suits me.You can actually take clones from auto's but it's just not worth it as its life span seems pre determined so they usually don't amount to much other than a single bud that would have been bigger if left on the plant

Thanks for being here Toddosh! I will certainly use your knowledge in topping these ladies then. So stick around. Lol.

Thanks for stopping in VillageIdiot. Glad to have ya here.

Pretty slow going right now. I'll get some more pics and a little update later today.

Yeah I don't get into autos much... but don't mind watching someone attempt to do them justice.

I don't have anything against them just don't have time for them. I like more control and I like to clone is all. But I bet you can pull it off in a respectable way unlike most.

I know I haven't done one justice yet. My soil is too hot for them. I need to try some other method I don't want to do in order to prevent premature flowering. So I probably will only use them outdoors. I only got 3 jars out of mine. I did 2 plants and got 5 total and that was with a double harvest (as I didn't train the second one).

Mine went a few weeks beyond this and then I did 3 more weeks on the smaller one after I harvested the mature stuff and still didn't get much. I consider this a fail. 5 jars out of 2 plants...fail.

DSCF17273.JPG
DSCF17331.JPG
DSCF17304.JPG

They look alright but I started flowering at about 7 inches because my soil was too hot and that was all she wrote. I was hanging on for the ride after that.

In my research the best methods for growing them INDOORS are 1) a way I don't want to try (at least not now) and 2) a way I have on the back burner for at least 3 grows and wont get to for over a year.

So it will be nice to see someone actually do one justice for once around here. ( I spend too much of my time on here helping people with messed up Autos who have started flowering at 1 inch tall.)

I did train the bigger one in half with no problems though. That was after it had started but not gotten far in bloom.

Training11.jpg

So I have failed at my 1 try at them. Maybe after I move I will try again but doubtful except for outside grows.

But I still have a lot to learn about them autos. I think most people do. Most what I see posted on them is just wrong. So it is a brave new area of BS.

Hope you do better than I did!!! Shouldn't be tough. :)

UltraDan Goes Auto - GSC / Pineapple Express - Indoor LED

Yeah I don't get into autos much... but don't mind watching someone attempt to do them justice.

I don't have anything against them just don't have time for them. I like more control and I like to clone is all. But I bet you can pull it off in a respectable way unlike most.

I know I haven't done one justice yet. My soil is too hot for them. I need to try some other method I don't want to do in order to prevent premature flowering. So I probably will only use them outdoors. I only got 3 jars out of mine. I did 2 plants and got 5 total and that was with a double harvest (as I didn't train the second one).

Mine went a few weeks beyond this and then I did 3 more weeks on the smaller one after I harvested the mature stuff and still didn't get much. I consider this a fail. 5 jars out of 2 plants...fail.

DSCF17273.JPG
DSCF17331.JPG
DSCF17304.JPG

They look alright but I started flowering at about 7 inches because my soil was too hot and that was all she wrote. I was hanging on for the ride after that.

In my research the best methods for growing them INDOORS are 1) a way I don't want to try (at least not now) and 2) a way I have on the back burner for at least 3 grows and wont get to for over a year.

So it will be nice to see someone actually do one justice for once around here. ( I spend too much of my time on here helping people with messed up Autos who have started flowering at 1 inch tall.)

I did train the bigger one in half with no problems though. That was after it had started but not gotten far in bloom.

Training11.jpg

So I have failed at my 1 try at them. Maybe after I move I will try again but doubtful except for outside grows.

But I still have a lot to learn about them autos. I think most people do. Most what I see posted on them is just wrong. So it is a brave new area of BS.

Hope you do better than I did!!! Shouldn't be tough. :)

Well, it's a whole new arena for me as well. I've only done photo's up to this point and most with heavy training. I actually chose to run a set of autos so I could take a step back a little. Lol.

Funny how growers can be so diverse in what they look for in a grow. This is why I love this community so much.

Your girls look awesome brother! Mine are starting in what most consider "hot" soil as well. Ocean Forest. Hopefully the don't flower to early. We shall see.

The Pineapple Express looks to be a little irritated about the soil. Not anything of concern yet, but it might develop into something more.

They are both currently working on their second leaf set and stand about 1.5" tall.

I pulled the humidity domes off for the last hour of light until they go to sleep for 4 hours.

They are starting to touch the edges of these make shift plastic water bottle domes, so I'm either going to have to remove them, or get something that is bigger. Any thoughts? My tents humidity is 40%, so I am thinking I'll keep a dome over them for maybe another week.

I also dropped the light about 4". My goal is to keep these as short as possible and I won't be up potting so I want to try and keep them from stretching too much. The light is now right at 23" from the soil.

Pineapple Express

420-magazine-mobile1219146483.jpg

420-magazine-mobile533661498.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies

420-magazine-mobile1284618852.jpg

420-magazine-mobile921532208.jpg

I aint no expert but in my explorations I think that these girls you wanna tread light and go easy. The longer you can keep them in veg the better up to a point. A true Auto master can keep them in veg a good long time. I have seen a few...very few...monsters.

Sometimes it is the strain to. Sometimes they don't Auto so it isn't the Master it was a faulty pheno.

But generally you can easily induce blooming a thousand ways...just stress it a bit. Including watering. So that's another Major curve ball. There are a ton of things you do differently for these girls. One of them is don't water correctly. If you let it dry out so that the roots grow fast and hard... the plant will flower.

So getting a big root ball in veg is done differently, which obviously is slower, but still if you know how to push nutes without burning you can do great.

So you have to water and feed totally differently. You want to keep feeding moderately high levels of nitrogen well into bloom in most cases because the thing is still growing. I have only seen one real expensive product on the market specifically made for Autos.

Pull all the tricks out of the bag you know to help with healthy roots.

So in soil to really nail this it gets real tough. In coco or Hydro where you can control the nute profile week to week even day to day. You can get a program together that nails the growth cycle. In soil it is much more complicated because you can't really give a good hot organic base to go on. I mean you can and get a small plant that started to flower early.

Autos were made for outdoor growing. A great example is I have a buddy in Ohio who grow them early and they get done before the cops start flying around looking for them in choppers. That is what they are for. Growing them inside is a novelty and fun. But you know you can do better with a clone. I have a clone right now that I veg'd 1 week that is going to do better then those plants. If the thing is speed and weight then obviously growing clones is the way to go.

Ruderalis is an entirely different ballgame when done correctly. It is too bad Atrain aint around anymore ... but he also is straight up "lets go spend a bunch of money at the store on expensive products". So fun to watch but not very practical for the common home grower.

Anyway good luck! I will be checking in once in a while. Finger crossed for ya.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the heads up about watering. Didn't think of that and it makes a lot of sense.

I have a Root supplement that I planned on using when I give them a good watering. Right now it's still just moist soil and high humidity.

420-magazine-mobile1764998158.jpg

:popcorn:
I've never dealt with autos, but growing them always interested me. what kind of light are you using? I see what looks like a rainbow spectrum in your pictures.

That SNS 604 doesn't contain any MYKOs right? I haven't seen it around, but I love that company's other products.

I am a little curious about how well these autos will do. I agree that OF is way too hot for most plants. I think its best used when mixed with coco. I can't wait to see how big your girls get. Keep on feeding :morenutes:

I think most are planting them right away in the final pot.

People as I understand it try to avoid transplanting autos. Not just because the shock may induce blooming (I think that is hogwash unless you have a black thumb) but also becasue many don't have the time. Most people are not willing to give up even a day or so for the roots to develop correctly for the transplant / rebound and you sure don't want them getting close to root bound, at least not until after it starts to flower. I think with autos you just go "big". People like to say 3 gallons is all you need. I agree you can do that. I wouldn't. I wouldn't do an auto in under 5 so it can breath a bit. I don't think it needs more unless you have some amazon auto that wants to grow big.

As reference (again I have no idea what I am doing and I am an idiot) ... I always check every root ball in soil grows. (this is from the 2 above after they sat in my garage in the pots post harvest for a very long time). 5 and 7 gallon pots. So both of those were half sized and pathetic so I screwed up big time but I did get a decent set of roots for such a short grow. It is good to not get root bound on these ones.

Auto_Root_balls.JPG

I think it is still up in the air as to the best way to deal with them in soil indoors. I have seen a lot of things that don't make sense though.

You can clearly see the small slower one inherently grew slower...

:popcorn:
I've never dealt with autos, but growing them always interested me. what kind of light are you using? I see what looks like a rainbow spectrum in your pictures.

That SNS 604 doesn't contain any MYKOs right? I haven't seen it around, but I love that company's other products.

I am a little curious about how well these autos will do. I agree that OF is way too hot for most plants. I think its best used when mixed with coco. I can't wait to see how big your girls get. Keep on feeding :morenutes:

It doesn't contain any that I can see. I've never used it before, but was considering it because of starting in the final pot. I want the roots to be happy

Been a pretty quiet day around the forums today. Hope everyone is ha being an awesome day!!

Today marks day 7, so I'll be updating tonight with their first real watering.

:peace: :toke:

Back
Top Bottom