Up to date LED lights guide

Need more info.
How big is the grow area for the light?
How many plants?
For veg and flower?
With them first three ? I could help give my opinion on some lights.

I have a 6x6 room and hoping for 4-6 plants hoping to flower in future but for now just veg

Thanks for your help

That is a huuuuuuge room. If you only want 4-6 I would use a smaller space.
As for lights I use eshine and love them and nice and cheap. Also lots of people use Mars hydro here and great results.
I suggest you get one of those - very cheap and proven. If you buy a light that costs 2-3 times as much because their marketing info convinced you, do you think you will get 2-3 times the yield to go with that price? I know you won't. Leds are cheap and effective and better than hps and everyone keeps whining about the price. They are CHEAP unless you are getting ripped off for a brand name or made in the USA...

Hi thanks joining in :) I have started in this room due to if I do well with the first time grow I want to expand so wanted the bigger room as for LED light I have bitten the bullet and bought a mars hydra 300watt 5w bulb well.this out put enough light for the 6 plants?

Ok so lets break down the numbers. 8X8 that's 64sqf, so for ok too max yield for led you would be looking for 1000-2400 wall watts for flower and around 600-1500 wall watts for veg. You will want minimum of two lights for sure to cover the 8x8 room. Three Mars 1600 would do for max yield and two of them would work for average yield. Four 144x3 would work as well. For veg only you can get away with a lot less power depending on the strains of plants but I would say two lights needed for sure. If you have a strain that tends to stretch then that one would be put right under the light and the others that don't can go on the outsides where there will be less light. You could also add a few cheap T8 lights. :passitleft:

OK if that's the case I will have to downgrade on the room then as it's clearly over kill I will divide the room into half it's size I have just bought a mars hydro led 300 watt and a cfl 300 blue bulb. I would certainly expect this to be enough light wouldn't u say CO Finest?

Just remember with what most led say in watts divide in half for wall watts unless they list draw watts. Led lights are rated like car amps there is pep which leds do not run and rms. witch Mars light series is your light?

Which Mars hydro model did you get?
So we can estimate real watts.

But even with a mover yield requires decent watts. My best so far was 1 gram per watt. And I have been doing this a long time and it was a good yielding strain. Given you are new you will be lucky to beat .5gpw. So let's say you have a light with 200w of real draw that is only about 100g dry product. So buy your lights by how much you want to produce. Can always add more light as savings from not having to buy product adds up to pay for more lights

I bought the Mars hydro 2 300 watt from Mars hydro store model is 60 LEDx5watt wish I spent about more now and got the 1200watt :(

There seem to be a lot of happy people here right?

I have heard all good things besides what you are saying.

I run cheap Chinese eshine lights too so far all good zero problems after 1 year. 3 year warranty. 260 real watts with lenses is us$275

I have 10 mars lights. Three different kinds of them. Got my first two years ago. I have had no issues with any of them.

I think they are the best bang for your buck out there. There are fancier and better ones for sure. But they cost twice as much as Mars.

But I could also repair one if I needed too. So them sending me a part would be no big deal.

If you have lots of money to spend. I have an Advanced XLT that I really like.

I saw on a different thread where the Mars light fail and no good customer service for repair. They will send you diodes but you have to solder and repair yourself. I saw one guy on --------- upset that he had the light not a year or almost and had failure. I have 2 1600 Mars and I hope I don't have the problems that the guy had. I check my lights everyday now.

I have 10 mars lights. Three different kinds of them. Got my first two years ago. I have had no issues with any of them.

I think they are the best bang for your buck out there. There are fancier and better ones for sure. But they cost twice as much as Mars.

But I could also repair one if I needed too. So them sending me a part would be no big deal.

If you have lots of money to spend. I have an Advanced XLT that I really like.
I live where it gets hot like the other guy lives and why should I repair something that is suppose to have a warranty? It wouldn't be worth it. I hope my lights don't burn out like his did he had a 900 and a 1200 go out. I think it might be that they are 5w diodes that's why

It does not get much hotter then where I live.

I have heard that the older 1600's have had more issues then any of the other ones.

My guess would be because of heat issues.

(why should I repair something that is suppose to have a warranty? It wouldn't be worth it.)

Because that is their warranty if you want to pay half price for the lights.

If that is a issue for you. Then you should buy the more expensive ones.

That way everyone can get just what they want.

Mars are not the best LED out there. But they are the best deal for a lot of people and they have made it where a lot more people can afford to grow LED.

Is a ford as good as a bmw? Maybe not. But if all you need is a ride to the store. Will it matter?

You should buy the best you can afford.

I am with you. To me, My Mars paid for itself the first run.

I just grow for myself and friends. But at 200+ an oz. Even if you just pull .5grams per watt.

One run pretty much pays for a Mars.

Even if I wanted to spend more money I would still buy best bang for the buck.
$1000 worth of eshine or Mars makes more yield than $1000 worth of fancy pants lights. Same thing is true for $2000 worth or $10,000 worth...

Back
Top Bottom