Update to "61 year old frail woman evicted"

vaping

today was the court case. good news! the judge practically threw this out and told the management of that seniors' residence that "they have to come up with a better reason than that this lady was caught smoking a joint." he wants to have a meeting agin in 90 days. then he added that there ought to be an investigation how they treat the old folks there as there have been previous complaints of harrassment by staff.
the intended victim which i will call "kimo's mom" is now looking to sue the management there. she has gone through hell over there for the last year and a half.
thank you, Jesus!

today was the court case. good news! the judge practically threw this out and told the management of that seniors' residence that "they have to come up with a better reason than that this lady was caught smoking a joint." he wants to have a meeting agin in 90 days. then he added that there ought to be an investigation how they treat the old folks there as there have been previous complaints of harrassment by staff.
the intended victim which i will call "kimo's mom" is now looking to sue the management there. she has gone through hell over there for the last year and a half.
thank you, Jesus!

I am a L.A., CA MMJ Patient and am 57, on S.S.I., and live in HUD Housing (Disabled & Seniors). Last Oct., '08, the resident Manager (who has been trying to evict me) entered my apt. - without a 24 hr. notice - to see how the painters did their work, on my balcony and found my 5 MMJ, 2'-3' plants growing (almost ready for harvest) by the balcony sliding window, indoors! 2 weeks later, I get, in the mail, a 10 day eviction notice . . . due to illegal use of apt. to grow MJ! When I complained about the entry & that I was NOT growing "Illegal MJ" but "Legal Medical MJ" with a Dr.'s recommendation, the Resident Manager didn't know what to do, but we ended up having a meeting in the office, and he said the Management Co. would be handleing it . . . about 1 month later I got noticed, then served, with court papers (unlawful detainer)!! I found a free attorney to fight this, and in Jan. '09, I basically won, although I had to sign a stipulation NOT to grow, any more MMJ! In March, '09 the Resident Manager Got Fired . . . due to other illegal things he was doing in the building with other residents! KARMA came down on him! :cool: That's my story, for others who may be facing the same thing . . . fight it!! =Judy=:rollit:

another update about this case:
if you go to Medical Marijuana on Trial the article brings out the blatant lies with the idiotic statement: "it is dangerous for the health and safety of the residents". i am going to write to the editor how very wrong the manager of this senior's residence is, specially that the lady they want to kick out has been VAPORIZING weed. also the fact that our president Obama said that the feds will not persecute and interfere with state laws in regards to legal mj patients. this establishment operates in our state and yet they don't obey our state's laws? and what about all the other doctor prescribed drugs these old pople are taking, anti depressants, tranquilizers, powerful pain meds? those are not drugs? the woman in question got very ill on those meds and it was her doctor who recommended mj for her. a good lawyer would slam this one down fast. of course she had to defend herself because she is poor. excuse my babbling on, but gross injustices like these make me hopping mad.
perhaps some of you could send a letter to the newspaper so they learn something in this community.

I guess the problem here comes with living in federally assisted housing. Federal law trumps state law, and federal law still dosen't recognize MMJ. I guess we'll have to wait and see what, if anything, the Obama Administration will do to bring sense to the MMJ debate; but I don't hold out much hope that MMJ will be given a very high priority.

thanks for posting this. i'll post this in the news so that it gets more widely seen.
another update about this case:
if you go to The Molokai Dispatch the article brings out the blatant lies with the idiotic statement: "it is dangerous for the health and safety of the residents". i am going to write to the editor how very wrong the manager of this senior's residence is, specially that the lady they want to kick out has been VAPORIZING weed. also the fact that our president Obama said that the feds will not persecute and interfere with state laws in regards to legal mj patients. this establishment operates in our state and yet they don't obey our state's laws? and what about all the other doctor prescribed drugs these old pople are taking, anti depressants, tranquilizers, powerful pain meds? those are not drugs? the woman in question got very ill on those meds and it was her doctor who recommended mj for her. a good lawyer would slam this one down fast. of course she had to defend herself because she is poor. excuse my babbling on, but gross injustices like these make me hopping mad.
perhaps some of you could send a letter to the newspaper so they learn something in this community.

Back
Top Bottom