Upgrades

Dahumungous

Hi guys,

Quick history: I recently completed first grow from bagseed using a few Home Depot 125w incandescent grow bulbs....it worked pretty good. I was actually suprised at the quality. A couple plants were very sativa like, took forever to mature, and had a STRONG lemon scent. Covered in crystals. Remember this was under crap lights in crap conditions...

Now, I have been reading and searching here for a while, and the search button only tells so much. So I have a few questions...

my next grow space is about 6 x 9 x 7 feet high. Will 2 600w HIDs do okay? I keep hearing about the heat. It's going to be in an outbuilding with a window AC unit. The unit cools the room just fine without lights (it'll get down to 60 degrees if needed)....so I'm wondering how big of an issue the heat will be?

Next is the seeds...I'd like to procure some decent seeds, I already have a few places in mind. Would be mail order to the US. my question is (obviously) how safe is it? They won't be coming here or to the garden location, but what's the worst that could happen? better question I suppose is what are your experiences?

I feel fairly confident that once I'm set up I can stay stealth and I'm set. it's getting the seeds and equipment in place that has me scratching my head.

Thanks,
DH

Here goes something hehe. I have a 3.5x3.5 closet with a 1000watt cooltube in it NON-Vented with a 6500btu window AC ghetto rigged into the attic. With a computer fan as intake, and a simple cheap duct booster as my exhaust on my AC, I can keep 78F at all times pretty much. I'm not even sure the power im using is worth the few plants i can fit into a 2x2 space lol , but they are pretty nice looking. I always enjoyed growing super tight noded, bonsai like, mini x-mas trees. I used to have a few bonsai as a kid and it was fun, not to mention they look badass.

This is my room. The size is only slightly larger than yours with 3 600s running with a 7500btu a/c unit. I maintain a temp at 76f. With four 600s my temp goes to 83f. I originally was going to use a 11000btu but it wouldnt fit in the window so I am stuck with a 7500btu this summer. I also use aircool reflectors and vent hot air outside the room. Each 600w can increase room temp by 10 degrees even with a/c so your cutting it very close if you use a smaller unit than the one I use. A 5000btu might not be enough but a 10000btu would be more than adequate. Good luck and hope to see the room.

cc_d3_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom