Using prepaid visa to order seeds

InGriller

420 Member
After not wanting to use a card linked to me for any sort of overseas purchase I started looking into a prepaid visa. I read some threads on the Walmart prepaid visas and the greendot ones.

Walmart prepaid visas state on the back they are NOT good for foreign purchases.

Greendot loadable prepaids state in order to use for foreign transactions you have to create an account and verify you using your social security number and wait for a permanent branded card.

I finally found at Dollar General a nFinanSe card. Loadable, and the only thing you need to do is go to their website, punch the card number in and make your pin up.

I successfully ordered from Nirvana seeds tonight using it. The name on the card is nfinanse which I used for the card info on their checkout.

It costs $3 to initially load the card at the store, and then they hit you for an extra 2.95 each month starting the day you load it. It also costs to reload the card so youre basically better to just figure out the exact total for what you want to purchase, and load the card with that amount + the monthly fee.

Hopefully somebody else will find this info useful.

I was also surprised to see Nirvana charging an extra $4.24USD to use a card, I don't recall ever reading that on here.

You can use walmart money cards for foreign transactions, but you have to have a card with your name or an account if you would .This is to track terrorists or so the MAN says

You can use walmart money cards for foreign transactions, but you have to have a card with your name or an account if you would .This is to track terrorists or so the MAN says

Thats the greendot card that I explained above. The point of using a prepaid visa, it to stay anonymous.

i was wandering about prepaid cards myself, i don't want to use the one i have thats attached to my name and bank acct. for ordering beans, and i just don't trust any company enough for me to send them a money order for things such as beans. the place i want to order from has a beginning of the month freebie promo every month so unless you use a credit card of some type you don't get the extra promo freebies, you still get some freebies but not as many, and with the cost of beans every free 1 you can get is great.

Back
Top Bottom