Status
Not open for further replies.
The most susceptible to change would be the cannabis, so I will have them in pots so I can dolly them around to give them a break from heat. Once I set up the trellis/screen I will have to figure that out since I won’t be able to move them.
Emilya uses modular tomatoes cages stuck right in the pot. Unless you need your plants to really spread out that might be an option.

My heating setup
Found an old picture of the black plastic pipe that runs thru my raised beds. the pipe runs in a loop on gravity, water is heated with a tractor inline block heater. Sits below ground level in 5 gal pail. Ball closes intake, Water boils, percolates into tank, gravity carries hot water thru line, repeat. have fan blowing near tank to heat air
Heater is hooked to a thermostat & will keep my hearty plants from freezing to -10 c
Whole10'X12' Gh sits on a raised bed of 8"x8" bridge ties

IMG_0082.JPG

My heating setup
Found an old picture of the black plastic pipe that runs thru my raised beds. the pipe runs in a loop on gravity, water is heated with a tractor inline block heater. Sits below ground level in 5 gal pail. Ball closes intake, Water boils, percolates into tank, gravity carries hot water thru line, repeat. have fan blowing near tank to heat air
Heater is hooked to a thermostat & will keep my hearty plants from freezing to -10 c
Whole10'X12' Gh sits on a raised bed of 8"x8" bridge ties

IMG_0082.JPG

Very well thought out, how long did it take you to design and build that? I have been dreaming of heating the soil in a greenhouse that could allow me to grow some lemons and even a passion fruit… but I am a long way from there maybe one day.

Very well thought out, how long did it take you to design and build that? I have been dreaming of heating the soil in a greenhouse that could allow me to grow some lemons and even a passion fruit… but I am a long way from there maybe one day.
Just kind of fell together, did lots of internet searches around then, I just got internet
I built it back in the nineties, if I was to do it again, I would put weeping tile (black pipe) in the ground & divert my hot exhaust air into the ground, in spring & fall

My first heat controller (still have) is the old style barn controller (with the copper coil)
I have some digital ones now as good as inkbirds but cheaper, work for heat or cool can get in 120 v 240 v & 12vdc for under $10
You just got to add a cord or direct wire

IMG_2293.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

Crushing thru a first week since sprouting. Still dialing the set up things are good.

2B405C00-1E34-4DBF-B16D-180275865E31.jpeg
3A991C79-F682-4F9A-88E3-7D017906FA34.jpeg

The 2 auto flow.

I’m still waiting on the 2 seeds from Guatemala see if they are alive…
Can’t wait to see the Guatemalan, hope they’re viable.🤞CL🍀

Can’t wait to see the Guatemalan, hope they’re viable.🤞CL🍀
Captain I’ve been waiting myself and seems like busted over a week no sprout. Had them in the wet paper towel, warm and humid environment nothing the seed didn’t even crack open. Now I put them in soil and will give them another week see if a miracle happens.

F33719FC-BB65-4D5B-9CFF-196E7815F556.jpeg

Local seaweed harvest as I am starting the perpetual seaweed compost tea and I’m glad to say I am actually living in a farm this time so heavy earthy smells are sooooo natural, my compost teas will have no problem blending in. I’m very excited as I will be doing a wide variety; stinging nettle is sprouting everywhere around here and will soon harvest and start a good tea with that, Willow as well and of course horsetail still waiting for it to pop up.

F33719FC-BB65-4D5B-9CFF-196E7815F556.jpeg

Local seaweed harvest as I am starting the perpetual seaweed compost tea and I’m glad to say I am actually living in a farm this time so heavy earthy smells are sooooo natural, my compost teas will have no problem blending in. I’m very excited as I will be doing a wide variety; stinging nettle is sprouting everywhere around here and will soon harvest and start a good tea with that, Willow as well and of course horsetail still waiting for it to pop up.
Hey Dani, glad to see you found a place you can grow in or at least be able to have teas hope life is treating you well my friend

Captain I’ve been waiting myself and seems like busted over a week no sprout. Had them in the wet paper towel, warm and humid environment nothing the seed didn’t even crack open. Now I put them in soil and will give them another week see if a miracle happens.
I got my fingers crossed 🤞 on this one. I really would love to see them grow. Any chance of getting some more if they don’t pop? CL🍀

Hey Dani, glad to see you found a place you can grow in or at least be able to have teas hope life is treating you well my friend
Hey TC how’s it going brother?

I am pretty happy with the place so far, moved here last November. 420 friendly all the way. Just started growing season so let’s see how this one goes.

:passitleft:

I got my fingers crossed 🤞 on this one. I really would love to see them grow. Any chance of getting some more if they don’t pop? CL🍀
Only chance to get more is if get some pollen and make some seed. If one the seed sprout I can clone and clone until I have a male to make seeds.
Several option to keep a pheno alive.

:thumb:

And comfrey. Don't forget the comfrey.

@CaptainLucky
@Azimuth
@TwelveCoffee
@Joe Brewster
@Jonny5
@Melville Hobbes

Thinking I should do a quick poll; see what phenos to plant see what they look like;

058705C9-39E9-4000-BA37-61728AA913D7.jpeg

17241D39-216B-42D7-AA20-11B22E9E36FA.jpeg

So these are last years seeds
Durban Poison Mom
Durban poison clones out in the bush
Chunky skunk
Personal Sativa

All them got pollen from the Filipino male out in the bush.

Then super lemon haze and pink kush are someone else’s cross with indoor genetics.
———-

The original Duterte’s Nightmare those are regular since we got a male and female last year…
——-
The F1 cross I call Personal Sativa which I have endless seeds
————

I’m on the fence on what to do, can’t grow them all…

Keeping in mind 4 plants got greenhouse shelter until harvest, will have 20 gallons pots and trellis/intense training.

6 other phenos will go outside permanently, they could be clones or seed.

What ever else is guerilla.

@CaptainLucky
@Azimuth
@TwelveCoffee
@Joe Brewster
@Jonny5
@Melville Hobbes

Thinking I should do a quick poll; see what phenos to plant see what they look like;

Durban Poison Mom
Chunky skunk
Personal Sativa

Then super lemon haze and pink kush are someone else’s cross with indoor genetics.
———-

The original Duterte’s Nightmare those are regular since we got a male and female last year…
——-
————

Keeping in mind 4 plants got greenhouse shelter until harvest, will have 20 gallons pots and trellis/intense training.

Thanks for thinking of me Dani would love to see how pink Kush does!

@CaptainLucky
@Azimuth
@TwelveCoffee
@Joe Brewster
@Jonny5
@Melville Hobbes

Durban Poison Mom
Chunky skunk
Personal Sativa

———-

——-
————

I’m growing 3 different Sativas and a lot of other members are also so I think you should join the club. I’m voting for your Personal Sativa and Durban Poison.Thanks for the tag. CL🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom