Variations in Marijuana laws around the US

CookieMan

Passionado
Lately i have been researching where I can learn the trade I want to practice. There are essentially four schools which offer suitable programs of study and I have grown accustomed to smoking the good herb so I also researched other states laws regarding marijuana. WOW there is a HUGE difference from state to state. I live in Colorado where it is tolerated overall. Infact the herb was almost legalized here two years ago in 06. I don't know that i could live in a state where posession was grounds for a jail term. That would certainly ruin my education.

I would like to hear some personal feedback from everyone here about their location and the overall attitude towards pot and personal experiences with police.

I'll get the ball rolling with my description of pot in colorado:

Here in colorado possesion is usually just a fine with a requirement to goto court since its a misdemenor. i think its possesion up to 4 oz and it can also be less depending on the city. some citys it is one ounce. Denver it is legal if your an adult and only have an ounce or less, not in public although i have heard reports of cops directing people what allyes they can smoke in. about time for a green zone here. From my own interactions with police, asking them while they're just hanging around the city, they don't really care about people smoking pot. The scent of pot can be smelled all over the city on a weekend night and outside of all big sports events. It really is the mile high state. I have also been hassled by the boulder college police for possesion and they just made us dump the stash.

thanks moose, i already have used norml's listing and know which schools i want to goto, sad i need to decide based on the political climate of the various states. I was wondering about peoples personal takes. Perhaps some states have tough laws on the books but you can smoke a joint infront of a cop without trouble. also the triple post kind of takes up alot of space on the screen, that sounds kind of rude but i wanted to point it out.

Back
Top Bottom