Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lights

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

Day 25.

Feeding schedule ain't changed. Thinking of upping the Base nutrients for the next feed as they appear to be taking the current dose really well.
The bowling is also producing a tidy canopy. Will probably keep that up for another week or so.
420-magazine-mobile1584070185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile431255622.jpg
420-magazine-mobile403425794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile93371334.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1859236313.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2043365070.jpg
420-magazine-mobile99385583.jpg
420-magazine-mobile115173951.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1849486351.jpg

Re: Veghead's 3rd - Soil - LED & HPS - Autos - SSH - Amnesia - Big Bud - Northern Lig

Delivery from the post man!
420-magazine-mobile333062405.jpg

These will be added to the feed at various points throughout the Bloom phase

Week 4.
I mentioned during the last feed that I was thinking of upping the Base nutes as the girls appeared to be handling the dosage well.. well that's changed. One of the Super Silver Haze's and one of the Bug buds appear to be showing signs of what I belive is over fertilisation. So I've decided that I'm going to give them a little flush of only water to help clean up the soil a bit.
For the other 5, I'm going to continue with their feed, but I'm going to lower the dose back down to 2ml per 1.5 litres of water. These autos appear to be pretty delicate, and I'm finding that less is better and they really need to be treated delicately.

Here's the SSH
420-magazine-mobile1880772549.jpg
420-magazine-mobile834374104.jpg

And the Big Bud
420-magazine-mobile429298883.jpg
420-magazine-mobile668001477.jpg

So the other 5 as I mentioned above are handling the feed well. No signs of any deficiencies and the pre flowers are coming through.
I'm gonna go ahead and get started with the Bud ignitor at 2ml per 1.5 litres and hope that it does as it says on the bottle and start to develop more flowering sites. Apparently, this should happen in half the time (around 5 days).
Due to the fact that the Bud ignitor shortens the flowering stage, I've got some Overdrive on hand incase I decide to extent the grow to max out the buds.. I'm unsure just yet as it should be coming to a head around Christmas time. Christmas weekend possibly, so if there's a chance of that happening I may not use it for this grow. But if I'm gonna go past it.. then I'll be sure to max ladies out.

Just noticed something whilst feeding. Only the 5 under the LED's have started their pre flower. The 2 under the HPS still have a few days to go!

Ok, so I've an issue if someone can help at all please?
I went away Friday, watered my plants before I left. Got home in the early hours of this morning.
I've come home to this..
It's the only plant which is fucked out of them all..
420-magazine-mobile2010550089.jpg

Ok, so I've an issue if someone can help at all please?
I went away Friday, watered my plants before I left. Got home in the early hours of this morning.
I've come home to this..
It's the only plant which is fucked out of them all..
420-magazine-mobile2010550089.jpg
had this happen to me on a monster I had ..with only 1 month left on her....I almost cried...it wads dwc.....and the only thing I could think up was alge in the water ...

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

had this happen to me on a monster I had ..with only 1 month left on her....I almost cried...it wads dwc.....and the only thing I could think up was alge in the water ...

when do you water ...lights on or off. if on....it could be the same thing as mine.

when do you water ...lights on or off. if on....it could be the same thing as mine.

Lights on man.
I'm 90% sure I watered it.. Though I was in a rush. First thing I did was give it a thurough water when I saw the state of it.. and over the last 2 days it seems to be coming back a little.. but only around half of the plant has come back to life. It really looks like I may lose it.
I'm just hoping in a strange sense that I did forget to water her as if I didn't then the creeping death is lurking and I've no idea how to prevent it

Thanks for the input too! Really appreciate it. What is dwc?

Thanks for the input too! Really appreciate it. What is dwc?

I believe dwc stands for "Deep Water Culture". I don't do hydroponics for my grow, but I think he was eluding to it being issue with algae in his water.

I'm thinking that your plant with rebound. I accidentally let my mother go unfed for one day too long and it looked a lot like that. No worries, I think that these plants are so resilient and wonder sometimes if stressing them way the fuck out makes em heartier and stronger in the long run. I could be wrong too.

I'm a first time grower, and have been doing as many different experiments to my plants. I figure now is the best time for learning. I know I have put them to the test and only one plant has really shown signs that the stress has been negative. I have realized she may have a sulfur deficiency, and that my be leading to the low results.

I'm subbing to see how it goes! Best of luck!:thumb:

I believe dwc stands for "Deep Water Culture". I don't do hydroponics for my grow, but I think he was eluding to it being issue with algae in his water.

I'm thinking that your plant with rebound. I accidentally let my mother go unfed for one day too long and it looked a lot like that. No worries, I think that these plants are so resilient and wonder sometimes if stressing them way the fuck out makes em heartier and stronger in the long run. I could be wrong too.

I'm a first time grower, and have been doing as many different experiments to my plants. I figure now is the best time for learning. I know I have put them to the test and only one plant has really shown signs that the stress has been negative. I have realized she may have a sulfur deficiency, and that my be leading to the low results.

I'm subbing to see how it goes! Best of luck!:thumb:
Thanks mustard.
I think you're right in all honesty. It's taking some time but it appears to be coming around, though it doesn't look as healthy as the others. Some leaves are beyond repair and are falling off. But as long as it's still able to bud properly, a few crispy leaves won't matter.
Unfortunately, this morning I noticed that only one top of my nothern lights plant is looking a bit droopy too. I'm wondering whether there may have been a root issue. To not take any chances, I decided to up the water in the feed. Could just be that these girls have become really thirsty in their maturity. Hope that's the case anyways.
Have you made a journal for your grow, man? You know about the epsom salts yeah? I'm presuming you do as you're able to recognise the deficiency. Hope it works out for you dude. How far along are you?

Here's a few photos of the recovering Super Silver Haze.
Some leaves looking crispy, but I'm chuffed as fuck to see that it's tried to fight back.
420-magazine-mobile1158205749.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1377729633.jpg
420-magazine-mobile702085944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1700501709.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1951207982.jpg

This one's a fighter for sure. It looked wasted on Monday (Saturday today)

And then here's the Nothern Lights.. the plant looks healthy except for one branch which is having a bit of a 'fuck this shit' moment.
420-magazine-mobile1715866566.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2103497690.jpg
420-magazine-mobile296435601.jpg

I hope I was right in thinking perhaps the water from the previous feed hasn't saturated the soil enough. So the roots for that side of the plant may not have had the required feed? I'm hoping anyways. I'll be keeping a close eye on them.

And finally, I'm at day 38, so here's a few snaps
420-magazine-mobile1949854119.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1215975525.jpg
420-magazine-mobile928055666.jpg
420-magazine-mobile437171089.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1726163471.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1673353539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile823633202.jpg
420-magazine-mobile519282323.jpg

Quick update.

Day 41 - been lazy with posting recently.
Yesterday's feed was the last with Piranha, Tarantula and Voodoo Juice. I'll have one more feed with the Bud ignitor and then the feed will consist of the Base nutrients G.M.B, Big Bud, Bud candy, B52 and Cal/Mag. 2ml per litre across the board. They're currently on 2 litres every 3 days. The soil is just about drying out by this time.
The almost dead Super silver haze has come back to life, though it does look a little worse for wear in small areas. And the one branch of the Northern Lights is still looking fucked which is confusing me as the rest of the plant is flourishing. No signs of improvement.
Anyway, here's some pics.
420-magazine-mobile1608280742.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447407802.jpg
420-magazine-mobile201285809.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1593345344.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1552689163.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1498586920.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1393576537.jpg

Day 46

Amnesia Haze (1)
420-magazine-mobile476330771.jpg

Big Bud (1)
420-magazine-mobile1432348390.jpg

Super silver haze (1)
420-magazine-mobile548472249.jpg

Nothern lights
420-magazine-mobile220527029.jpg

Big Bud (2)
420-magazine-mobile1992679075.jpg

Amnesia Haze (2)
420-magazine-mobile551220745.jpg

Super silver haze (2, the one which almost died)
420-magazine-mobile1304106774.jpg

Is hps or led winning currently?

Sent from inside the tent.
They've been mixed up a little bit unfortunately, but the LED definitelt comes out on top. The two (Nothern lights + Amnesia) which were under the HPS didn't even come close to the led in terms of bud girth. I noticed this a few weeks back and then replaced them with two of the SSH which were flying along compared to everything else. I did this because I was in need of everything finishing up around the same time and it looked as though the 2 under the HPS had fallen 2-3 weeks behind.
Glad I did that as I noticed almost straight away that they were starting to put on weight after being under the LED'S.
HPS without doubt stretches the plants. The plants which have received LED for most if not all of their life are way shorter, more compact and thicker. I'll most definitely be making the full conversion for the next grow

Day 78 - I've not updated this in a while. I've been unable to dedicate more time than what's been required to tend to the plants. Little bit gutted about that but it can't be helped.
Girls have all started the flush on Monday bar the Nothern Lights which encountered problems around 2 weeks ago and looked as though it was dying. It literally stopped budding for almost those 2 weeks. A flush and then some Molasses seemed to get it back on track and it looks like it's doing well again now, only it's a little behind. They all smell incredible and they're all needing support to keep them upright.
Wish I had comparison pictures, but even since Monday, some of these girls are puffing up nicely.
Anyway, managed to get a few snaps earlier, but only family photos. Will hopefully get some individual snaps on the weekend.
420-magazine-mobile1976063984.jpg
420-magazine-mobile426709599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1222530677.jpg
420-magazine-mobile810818086.jpg
420-magazine-mobile235785994.jpg

Back
Top Bottom