Grape Blow Pop & Papaya - This Is One Fruity Grow!

425jesse

Hello 420 Family!

I haven't Journaled in about 5 years, but never quit growing. I have streamlined my process, and have reduced my grow times from 5 months for a small grow to a little over 3 months for a great and productive canopy. That breaks out to 3 grows a year, and I take the hottest months off to not pay so much for AC!

My grow consists of the following...

Room Size - 10 feet long by 7.5 feet wide

Lighting - In this grow I am using a combination of COB LEDs with meanwell drivers, and a handfull of 315 and 630 CMH lights. Totaling more than 2500 actual watts based on draw, we cover at about 33w per square foot.

Atmosphere - The lights provide all the heat one could need, and need to be cooled regularly. There is an AC unit that is able to maintain a cool 82 during the. veg stage and first 4-6 weeks of flower, then drop to 65 to complete flower. Dehumidification is typically covered by the AC unit, but if needed I have a portable dehumid unit that can suck that place dry.

Supplements - I use CO2 in conjunction with my grow, it has made a 25-30% difference in resin production and quality, as well as I can run the room a bit hotter when using it.

Nutrients - I use the Mills Suite of nutes, they kill it every grow. I also use Calmag and LKB during flower.

Genetics - I was given clones from a friend who loves to strain hunt. This round I am running 11 Papaya pots, and 9 Grape Blow Pop pots. The Papaya is a mostly Indica strain, however it leaves me energetic and motivated, while holding a heavy buzz. I have grown it before and really enjoyed it. The Grape Blow Pop is most certainly a Sativa. Its long and tall and super aggressive...Hopefully I don't have to bend the heck about it, but with the triple trellis, I am prepared.

Style - I grow in the drain to waste style. Each 5 gallon pot sits in a 5 gallon bucket. The depth of the pot is not as deep as the bucket, so it holds the pot out of the water. Each bucket has a drain hose, tied into a drain manifold, and it dumps out to waste if the pot is over-watered.

Timing for this grow has gone like this so far...
October 22 - Pick clones from cloner, and pot in 1 gallon pots.
November 5 - Transplant to 5 gallon pots and Install first trellis on Papaya.
November 11 - First and second trellis on GBP
November 18 - Start to see nutruient issue on the GBP only...more about that to come. First Papaya prune.
November 23 - First GBP Prune. Second trellis on Papaya, and third trellis on GBP
November 24 - Flip Day!
November 29 (day this journal is being started) - The Stretch Has Begun!

From here forward I will try to post every couple days with progress, comments and concerns!

Thank you for checking out my newest grow!

425Jesse

October 22

IMG_3243.jpeg

November 29

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg
Great garden my friend. :welldone:
Love a great big room full of healthy happy ladies.
Just curious is that a concrete floor under the buckets? :Namaste:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This round I am running 11 Papaya pots, and 9 Grape Blow Pop pots. The Papaya is a mostly Indica strain, however it leaves me energetic and motivated, while holding a heavy buzz. I have grown it before and really enjoyed it. The Grape Blow Pop is most certainly a Sativa. Its long and tall and super aggressive.
Never heard of them. I'd like to sit in and watch if you don't mind.
Looks like particle board when I zoom in.

Great garden my friend. :welldone:
Love a great big room full of healthy happy ladies.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Howdy! I wish the base was concrete. The floor is plywood, then I have a 6" of insulated space, and a layer of OSB. Needed to create a successful moisture and condensation barrier. I grow in an outbuilding, so controlling the climate has proven challenging. Thank you for checking out my garden!

I really only have 2 problems with the grow...the temps outside have reached below 30F at night, and i am getting a small amount of condensation behind one of the roof/ceiling panels in the grow...it drips into the grow and will need to be figured out. The other is this nute issue that is showing up only on the GBP. Not a hint of it on the Papaya. Check this out...It seems like it could be calcium or magnesium def, but I am already supplementing with 1ml per gallon calmag as per my feeding plan. You got any thoughts?

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg

Never heard of them. I'd like to sit in and watch if you don't mind.

Looks like particle board when I zoom in.
Hello, and thank you stopping by! Hope you are having a great day!

Howdy! I wish the base was concrete. The floor is plywood, then I have a 6" of insulated space, and a layer of OSB. Needed to create a successful moisture and condensation barrier. I grow in an outbuilding, so controlling the climate has proven challenging. Thank you for checking out my garden!

I really only have 2 problems with the grow...the temps outside have reached below 30F at night, and i am getting a small amount of condensation behind one of the roof/ceiling panels in the grow...it drips into the grow and will need to be figured out. The other is this nute issue that is showing up only on the GBP. Not a hint of it on the Papaya. Check this out...It seems like it could be calcium or magnesium def, but I am already supplementing with 1ml per gallon calmag as per my feeding plan. You got any thoughts?

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg
Also worth mentioning, this was right after lights on, so the droop is expected :)

IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg
Your drip is an air leak.
Cool air is condensating on something warm and dripping.
Follow the aircto the leak.
I have a 100 sqft grow facility beside my house.
Well insulated and controlled.
Cement / Radiant floor heat.
For flower those nutrients seem high in N.
What's the npk?
Are you putting the calmag in first and mixing well?
What's your ph 5.8?
Oh one more thing just wondering why your running ac so low with c02?
I run in the 30's c. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This is my floor and hut. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This is my floor and hut. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Very sweet hut and grows! Excited to follow along!

My nutes - I had always been under the impression that calmag was dosed about 4ml in veg and 2 ml in flower, so I have always just used 1ml until 1/2 way through flower and never had any problems, but each strain is a little different.

I fill my water tank for as many gallons as the certain phase of the grow requires. Starts at 500ml per pot when in a 1 gallon, and up to 3000/3500 in the 5 gallons. Once the water tank is full, I add Mills A, Mills B, Start-R, and calmag in veg, and once in flower its A, B, PK or C4, and LKB. Next I mix with my super stirrer, and then start watering.

Not sure what the PH is, haven't checked in years, but may be time...Ill check when I water in a couple days.

Attached is my general grow schedule, its current through da couple days ago, with a forecast for the rest of the grow. Also attached is the Mills Medium feeding program...I have found I can push a bit higher in the second half of flower, and been really happy with the results.

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me Bill! Very much open to your suggestions and thoughts!

425Jesse

Attachments

• Grow Schedule.pdf
    79.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Mills Table.pdf
    102.3 KB · Views: 15
Very sweet hut and grows! Excited to follow along!

My nutes - I had always been under the impression that calmag was dosed about 4ml in veg and 2 ml in flower, so I have always just used 1ml until 1/2 way through flower and never had any problems, but each strain is a little different.

I fill my water tank for as many gallons as the certain phase of the grow requires. Starts at 500ml per pot when in a 1 gallon, and up to 3000/3500 in the 5 gallons. Once the water tank is full, I add Mills A, Mills B, Start-R, and calmag in veg, and once in flower its A, B, PK or C4, and LKB. Next I mix with my super stirrer, and then start watering.

Not sure what the PH is, haven't checked in years, but may be time...Ill check when I water in a couple days.

Attached is my general grow schedule, its current through da couple days ago, with a forecast for the rest of the grow. Also attached is the Mills Medium feeding program...I have found I can push a bit higher in the second half of flower, and been really happy with the results.

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me Bill! Very much open to your suggestions and thoughts!

425Jesse
Ok that's part of your issue.
Calmag needs to be first.
It also helps with nutrition uptake.
But always first and mix well.
At recommend dosage.
They need it more in flower.
Then A&B according to the schedule.
Then set ph to 5.8
It's probably low.
But check it and let me know.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

How about a Friday Update! Flowering has begun nicely, happy with the progress and the stretch so far. I imagine I’m about 30% of the way through the stretch hopefully that much at least, as they’re getting tall :) here’s a couple of photos like 1 million other that you have seen a flowering starting. Have a great weekend!

IMG_3576.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3569.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg

This morning was the first of a few times that we will prune during flower. Allowing a bit more light through to the lower branches I left in place (only really 8 or so per plant.). Stretch is going good, getting closer to target height. A little concerned about the GBP, may end up having to rework the lights above them a little, but we will see. Loads of flowers starting, humidity well under control.

Have a great Sunday!

Cheers:)

IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3598.jpeg

Hello 420 Family!

I haven't Journaled in about 5 years, but never quit growing. I have streamlined my process, and have reduced my grow times from 5 months for a small grow to a little over 3 months for a great and productive canopy. That breaks out to 3 grows a year, and I take the hottest months off to not pay so much for AC!

My grow consists of the following...

Room Size - 10 feet long by 7.5 feet wide

Lighting - In this grow I am using a combination of COB LEDs with meanwell drivers, and a handfull of 315 and 630 CMH lights. Totaling more than 2500 actual watts based on draw, we cover at about 33w per square foot.

Atmosphere - The lights provide all the heat one could need, and need to be cooled regularly. There is an AC unit that is able to maintain a cool 82 during the. veg stage and first 4-6 weeks of flower, then drop to 65 to complete flower. Dehumidification is typically covered by the AC unit, but if needed I have a portable dehumid unit that can suck that place dry.

Supplements - I use CO2 in conjunction with my grow, it has made a 25-30% difference in resin production and quality, as well as I can run the room a bit hotter when using it.

Nutrients - I use the Mills Suite of nutes, they kill it every grow. I also use Calmag and LKB during flower.

Genetics - I was given clones from a friend who loves to strain hunt. This round I am running 11 Papaya pots, and 9 Grape Blow Pop pots. The Papaya is a mostly Indica strain, however it leaves me energetic and motivated, while holding a heavy buzz. I have grown it before and really enjoyed it. The Grape Blow Pop is most certainly a Sativa. Its long and tall and super aggressive...Hopefully I don't have to bend the heck about it, but with the triple trellis, I am prepared.

Style - I grow in the drain to waste style. Each 5 gallon pot sits in a 5 gallon bucket. The depth of the pot is not as deep as the bucket, so it holds the pot out of the water. Each bucket has a drain hose, tied into a drain manifold, and it dumps out to waste if the pot is over-watered.

Timing for this grow has gone like this so far...
October 22 - Pick clones from cloner, and pot in 1 gallon pots.
November 5 - Transplant to 5 gallon pots and Install first trellis on Papaya.
November 11 - First and second trellis on GBP
November 18 - Start to see nutruient issue on the GBP only...more about that to come. First Papaya prune.
November 23 - First GBP Prune. Second trellis on Papaya, and third trellis on GBP
November 24 - Flip Day!
November 29 (day this journal is being started) - The Stretch Has Begun!

From here forward I will try to post every couple days with progress, comments and concerns!

Thank you for checking out my newest grow!

425Jesse
sound like a interesting grow & style, drain to waste i've never heard of but gonna follow along if ya don't mind

sound like a interesting grow & style, drain to waste i've never heard of but gonna follow along if ya don't mind
Love to have you along! Thank you for being here!

My style just comes from what worked best for me over a few years of trying to produce a decent amount of a great quality flower that I can enjoy and share!

Always open to suggestions and observations, please feel free!

Small update this morning:). After flipping to flower, and as the nutrients have changed, the issue with a little discoloration has resolved, and after a little work on the ceiling system and installing the dehumidifier, all elements are in alignment and we are a happy garden. Here are a couple shots of the young flowers and the garden as a whole.

Cheers!

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3629.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

IMG_3631.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom