VIVOHUT Bill284's New Grow Facility: Featuring VIVOSUN & Herbies Seeds

We have some that are 3 years old. Maybe 4. I go back and have a memory with them. Since they keep pretty well in jars and boveda. Taste is more a memory but it's there on the older ones just in the background. Good morning Bill!
Good Morning Stone. :ciao:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and our American members. :yahoo:
Hope you and the family have a wonderful time.
Smoke some of that stash.:thumb:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

April - out second ever harvest.

These are OG Kush

Everything in Grove Bags since. The monster sized cola has been sitting under my deskside table and caught a bit of sun so has lost some colour. The smaller nugs have been in Grove Bags in the dark and cool in cupboard in our bedroom which is always 25 degrees celsius. Perfect, maybe a touch dry but they grind with no effort which given my shoulder injury I’m very much in favour of!

Nick

IMG_8228.jpeg
Good morning Nick. :ciao::high-five:
Excellent looking buds my friend.
My order stuff looses it's nice color aswell.
But I don't keep it longer than a few months usually.
Between my circle and myself we get rid of it easily. ;):lot-o-toke:
Might be a little different as 12 pounds takes time to smoke. :rofl:
But we do our best.
RSO will help.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@Bill284

Sorry to detract from your flow and progress. You have an awesome grow shop going on. I combed through some pages, and may have missed it. I am totally curious about what you used for your floor to keep temps up. I see you used some kind of wire looped over the top of the floor.

Can you tell me a little about what it is? How you use it? How you tell when it's time to use it? How you control the power to it?

It's awesome to see you up and running again buddy. Nice build. I live in a cold climate and have hung it up for a bit. I am envisioning the future, and this cold floor issue is one I need to over come. It looks like you have it addressed, so I am totally intrigued with what you've done. Thank you. 💚

@Bill284

Sorry to detract from your flow and progress. You have an awesome grow shop going on. I combed through some pages, and may have missed it. I am totally curious about what you used for your floor to keep temps up. I see you used some kind of wire looped over the top of the floor.

Can you tell me a little about what it is? How you use it? How you tell when it's time to use it? How you control the power to it?

It's awesome to see you up and running again buddy. Nice build. I live in a cold climate and have hung it up for a bit. I am envisioning the future, and this cold floor issue is one I need to over come. It looks like you have it addressed, so I am totally intrigued with what you've done. Thank you. 💚
I looked beginning here and Heaven Shores so maybe in Purple Pics? There was a picture of them outside the store, next to his car, Canadian Tyre maybe. They looked like a modular system he put under the floor tiles and then wired in to the mains.

Nick

I just got a email from @DYNOMYCO saying free samples for Canadian growers. Get some samples today Canuck’s. CL🍀
yeah i got mine its for first time buyers of Dynomyco & only a 20g packet good for a 2L pot

@Pat Puffer

There you go! It is a picture of the back
Of his car too! Also some details on it.

@NickHardy

Not to muck up Bill's thread too much, but I live in the northern U.S. and yeah. If I was growing in a detached building without heat the issue would arise. Cold floors and cooler than optimal pots and soil would be an issue.

I have seen systems like this utilized in homes and thought it a wonderful idea to overcome the issue of cold floors. I looked on line and they are a little bit of an investment to acquire; nothing to detrimental. Growing in a detached building brings issues of their own maintaining a steady environment regarding temperature. Winter is one issue bringing cooler temps than wished for.

That system seems to be just what the doctor ordered. I have a 1000w HPS magnetic ballast for maintaining overall temps during the winter, but that floor can only get so warm. I am just trying to envision what the future outbuilding will need to stay steady through the year. We can experience temps as low as 4°f. I Maybe even lower, but I have only experienced one winter out here after moving.

@Bill284

Morning Pat :ciao: hope your doing well buddy. :high-five:
The floor is framed with 2x8.
In-between the floor joists is R-22 Rockwool insulation.
On the bottom of the 2x8 is 6ml poly vapor barrier.
That’s under the entire VIVOHUT.
Then I framed the floor of the two grow rooms with 2x4' and 1x2 on top for a 2x6 frame.
I filled those with Rockwool, R 22.
Then over that I used double foil vapor barrier with R-4 value.
For a total of R-46.
I put plywood on top of the whole frame and ran heating cables over top.
110v heating system with a sensor and thermostat for control.
I put the sensor on the plywood and poured
an inch and a half of floor leveling cement over that.
Then I tiled the floor.
So R-40 under the floor walls are R-16 Rockwool then Aspenite then Tyvek house wrap then 3/4 foam board R-10 I think.
Then another layer of Tyvek wrap over the foam board.
The entire inside is wrapped in Double foil vapor insulation as well.
Roof/ ceiling is 2x4 with Rockwool and double foil vapor barrier.
Ice and water shield / rolled shingles then steel cover the roof.
There’s a 60 amp discount and full circuit panel/breakers supplying power to a VS400 a VS6500 and 2 @VIVOSUN Grow hubs and C02 system.
Full workbench and storage outside the grow rooms.
I also have a dehumidifier and a/c unit if needed.
I’m just about to add some bling and final touches.
All revealed Dec 1st with the new thread/Grow.
Hope that cover’s everything.
I’ll post a few pics.
Give me a minute to label them.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284

For some reason they aren't in order.

2x8 pressure treated floor frame

365354AD-4CD2-4692-AE23-3D658AB45443.jpeg

Exterior walls showing Tyvek and foam board
FBDFDBFF-A6C4-4695-9E89-FCB4CFC0F233.jpeg

Basic framework
86D3B94E-1D0B-4E32-A85B-DBCE3BE70B5F.jpeg

110v floor heating system
AC6EF5B2-5C26-4B84-B756-933E2DCEFAD2.jpeg

Floor frame 2x6 with Rockwool
FCBDA7C3-7D34-4E7D-BA14-7249C2C592B6.jpeg

84FF5509-0BF9-4057-8079-5188AA95F063.jpeg

Grow room floor 2x6 / R-22 double foiled vapor barrier then plywood ' heat system, concrete & tiles over top
1469EA99-3C05-4BBA-B375-AF60495F1498.jpeg

53B1419D-7AC2-431E-BC90-8B77F521F626.jpeg

385856CD-71E4-4603-94D8-70A862822417.jpeg

60 amp discount & circuit panel
D60F87D9-3125-446C-BAE4-C7BB467209D8.jpeg

VIVOHUT sponsored by @VIVOSUN

BUILT BY @Bill284

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I looked beginning here and Heaven Shores so maybe in Purple Pics? There was a picture of them outside the store, next to his car, Canadian Tyre maybe. They looked like a modular system he put under the floor tiles and then wired in to the mains.

Nick
Nailed it. :thumb:
Generally used in household bathrooms.
110v with sensor and thermostat control via my phone.
I don't need to look outside to see what's going on.
All Bluetooth even a camera for grins.
Everything you need.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

yeah i got mine its for first time buyers of Dynomyco & only a 20g packet good for a 2L pot
That's plenty. :thumb:
A minute amount goes a long way.
Great stuff.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That floor heating post is from Thanksgiving last year. Is it floor warming day in North America as well!
It's been warm for ages.
Probably since Nov 1st.
I've got nutrients and other liquids in there.
And it has a frost setting.
If it gets low it fires up on its own.
Frost protection. ;)
It may be Thanksgiving in the states but it's winter here.:rofl:🥶

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I paid 20 bucks shipping for my 20g packet a while back. Free sample? But it really is a great product. CL🍀
Good stuff Amigo. :thumb:
Well worth $20.00.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Amigo. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom