ViparSpectra XS 2000 Grow Light Review

Hello everyone!
I'll be growing a couple of plants under the @ViparSpectra XS 2000. I'll be posting my thoughts on it's performance here throughout the grow.
But first, some pics of the light, and it's specifications from VS!
XS2000 A.png
XS2000 B.png
XS2000 C.png
XS2000 D.png
XS2000 E.png
XS2000 F.png
XS2000 G.png

Right off the bat I can say it's nice to have such a high par value, since it means I can hang it higher if I need to even out the par map, without having to worry about my plants stretching, and the larger heatsink will really help extend the life of the diodes.

That's pretty much all I have to say so far.
If you have any questions, ask away!
Here's a link to my grow journal with the light if you'd rather follow along!
Hope to see you there!

And here's a link to the ViparSpectra website!
XS Series - XS2000

@Melville Hobbes Thank you for show everyone what XS2000 can do. We hope ViparSpectra XS2000 could help everyone achive better growth.

Hey everyone!
Apparently I've been doing this thread all wrong, so I'm here to rectify that and give you my thoughts on the XS2000 so far.
I'll start by putting up some pics of what I've been growing under it since December!
Today is a Blueberry!

She's been under the XS2000 since she sprouted, and she's loving it!
She's been growing quickly right up until the day she was topped, with wide fat leaves and tight nodes even though the light is at 50%, and it's 60cm away from her.
The tent is staying at a steady 25C during lights on which is only 2c warmer than the room it's in, so the light is barely heating the tent up at all.
Overall I'm very impressed so far with how well it's doing, and I can't wait to see how it does in flower.

Nice tent Compadre.

NTH
Thanks NTH!
FB712EC5-E884-4DF5-955B-A071C8B7C7C5.jpeg

In action. Xs200 vs cmh315. Both at 50%
I've heard good things about mixing LEDs and HID, but I've never done it myself.
Do you find it gives you better growth than going with just one or the other?
I placed 4 of the XS-1500 in my tent.
Seems I prefer several smaller lights so that I can move and space them as needed.
Will be interested to watch your progress.

4 lights 1.jpg

4 lights 2.jpg
I do like the flexibility several smaller lights can give you.
My initial idea was to grow two indica strains with similar backgrounds. Both Blueberry and Northern Lights are Afghani crossed with Thai, so I thought they would have similar growth patterns, but the NL decided not to cooperate.
The plant on the right is Blueberry, and on the left is Zkittlez.

Thanks NTH!

I've heard good things about mixing LEDs and HID, but I've never done it myself.
Do you find it gives you better growth than going with just one or the other?

I do like the flexibility several smaller lights can give you.
My initial idea was to grow two indica strains with similar backgrounds. Both Blueberry and Northern Lights are Afghani crossed with Thai, so I thought they would have similar growth patterns, but the NL decided not to cooperate.
The plant on the right is Blueberry, and on the left is Zkittlez.
I think it does add a more effective spectrum mix. We will see how these come out.

Back
Top Bottom