ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro Unboxing & Review

lootznbootz

Hello & Welcome!​

Thank you for stopping in and checking out my review of the XS1500 Pro by ViparSpectra!

As the title suggests, this will focus on the unboxing and final review of 2 XS1500 Pro that @ViparSpectra graciously provided for my 2x4 tent.
Click Here to follow along with the grow and see these lights in action!

To start we will focus on our impressions out the box and initial setup.
When the grow is over, we will give our final impressions and a thorough review.

I already own a pair of XS2000's and fell in love with them the moment I turned them on!
The light intensity and spectrum were much different than my other lights and the plants loved them!
I was impressed with the build quality and value of the lights and have enjoyed using them every step of the way!

With that being said when I saw the XS1500 Pro I knew it was going to be an awesome light!

71veR5Iq1PL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Probably the coolest feature that grabbed my attention and makes this light stand out from their other models was the lenses!

"optical lenses design that ensures more concentrated light and less light loss to achieve the most uniform PPFD for optimal photosynthesis and growth, ensuring plants absorb balanced PPFD in each corner, enhancing balanced growth for healthier growth and higher yields."

61WgPPOeEsL._AC_SX522_.jpg

71UnGaErpvL._AC_SX522_.jpg

The lenses are small bubble like and encase each individual Samsung LM218B+ diode.
The light penetrates much further and easier than other lights in my grow room. I used the Photone app to compare it with a similar wattage light and the XS1500 had a higher par at lower comparable power levels.
This was very encouraging to see!

D7962059-BA4A-4C24-AD70-BFFEE91D8479.jpeg

Great intensity and penetration don't mean much if the spectrum is wrong. (Remember the "blurple" era)

"OPTIMIZED SPECTRUM & SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Consists of 660nm red light, 3000K 5000K white light, and 730nm Infrared (IR) light, emits a wide waveband to provide plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. Silent fan-less design. The large areas of solid aluminum heat-sinks is essential for heat dissipation while ensuring a long lifespan."

61UiokRYazL._AC_SX522_.jpg

One key takeaway I noticed after stepping back and looking at the lights over my garden, the spectrum makes it look "HD" :rofl:
I know what it sounds like but it's true! The light truly makes looking at the plant's crisper and clearer!

"LOWER RUNNING COST GROW LIGHT FIXTURE: Consumes only 150W compared to traditional 250W HPS/MH! Perfect for 3x3 ft vegetative coverage and 2x2 ft flowering coverage. 2pcs XS1500 Pro fixtures are prefect for 4X2 ft grow tent. Remember to properly adjust the brightness accordingly to your plants desired level for optimal growth."

71TWfJb9rfL._AC_SX522_.jpg

71I117DScOL._AC_SX522_.jpg

As you can see the coverage is perfect for a 2x2 area. The daisy chain feature makes it incredibly simple to cover a 4x2 or more!
Upon setting them up and adjusting height, following the booklet provided with the lights shows that at 12" above the canopy the power level corresponds to the amount of Par.
This means at
12" and 100% Par is 1000 at the center.
12" and 75% Par is 750 at the center
12" and 50% Par is 500 at the center
12" and 25% Par is 250 at the center

E583F8DA-C2E2-43AA-84D2-59980B5CD809.jpeg

Again this was tested with the Photone app. Tho not entirely accurate it does correlate.
This will make it super easy to ensure that at the proper height you have a good idea of what par is throughout the tent at every stage of growth.

202FF86F-BA6A-4666-97B0-3A5561A1750B.jpeg

This light was definitely designed and well thought out for growing in smaller spaces while still being very expandable for larger spaces.
Hanging them in the 2x4 tent they hung perfectly at the recommended space between the lights with no extra effort.
Little details like that at unboxing give me confidence that these lights were engineered to be awesome and at a very surprising price point.

E583F8DA-C2E2-43AA-84D2-59980B5CD809.jpeg

These lights hit on every detail that you would look for in a grow light.

To get your hands on one click Here

D140FC87-AE9D-4964-8EA7-3ADE374C7FD9.jpeg

Looking awesome!

Wait what's going on here.. do you have your tent in the garden? And cut out the bottom?
Or you have big tray and some organic approach going on?
Thank you.

It’s actually a 2x4 no til soil bed and it fits in my tent.

Check out my journal in my signature for a better idea of what’s happening. And to follow along with the XS1500 Pro’s

@lootznbootz Thank you very much for your detailed introduction and recommendation of XS1500 PRO! :love: Yes, the unique lens design makes the XS1500 PRO stand out among LED grow lights. It achieves a uniform PPFD distribution. Low energy consumption, high efficiency, more energy saving! Daisy chain makes operation more convenient and flexible.:yahoo: Friends who are interested in it, don't miss 420 sales, the price is very favorable now! :cheer:

@lootznbootz Thank you very much for your detailed introduction and recommendation of XS1500 PRO! :love: Yes, the unique lens design makes the XS1500 PRO stand out among LED grow lights. It achieves a uniform PPFD distribution. Low energy consumption, high efficiency, more energy saving! Daisy chain makes operation more convenient and flexible.:yahoo: Friends who are interested in it, don't miss 420 sales, the price is very favorable now! :cheer:

Hi! I bought 3 lamps like that recently! Are you guys interested in reviews? :)

Back
Top Bottom