Waited too long to harvest?

Why Doe

Okay so she is an auto blueberry not even 2 months old. I was kinda waiting to check the trichomes based off age and how the plant looked. Since some of the colas are barley even fat, the pistils are still shooting straight out, and the leaves are still healthy green i figured I got plenty of time! Well I just checked the trichomes, all are cloudy and some colas have lots of ambers while others have none. Is that common? I just flushed her, what should I do now? Wait a couple days then chop her down?
IMG_172837.JPG
IMG_172736.JPG
IMG_172231.JPG
IMG_172130.JPG
IMG_172031.JPG
IMG_171427.JPG
IMG_171228.JPG

When your strain over ripens like this it goes into one last mode of trying to survival it will produce bananas these bananas will be full of female pollen the female pollen can be collected without pollinating the buds itself and can be used on later plants to make feminized seeds I figured I would let you know in case you wanted to save your strain

Judging by pistols is not an accurate way of telling whether your plant is ripe or not the reason for this is some strains do not stop reducing white pistols the entire time that they are flowering best and most accurate ways to check by the crystals the trichomes and ask for those being sacs no they are not sacs your plant has not reached that far in to maturity

I would say give it two to three more days just to let the Amber darken up a little bit and then remember for 4 hours after you cut it down the Plant still thinks that it is alive for the next 24 hours after this the plant will still continue to mature the oils inside

I kind of agree with the above mentioned but I honestly think it needs to go a lil longer. If taken too long, true, it will begin to throw/shoot nanners under the stress of you taking it too far. But on the other hand, if you havent seen any nanners yet, then you have nothing to lose, and maybe some weight to gain. These plants do most if not all of their bulking up and putting on weight during the last week or two of flower. The one bud could be getting amber for some other reason, maybe stress, maybe environment, light, temps, fan too close, been touched or rubbed,ect. who knows. I mean obviously you can and should keep a close eye on her if you do decide to wait a while and see what happens. But I do believe you should take her a lil longer just to be sure. One of the best pieces of advice I got from this site was (forgive me for not remembering who said it) "just when you think your plants are starting to look ready, wait another week too harvest. And when that times passes, re-check, then wait another...." Understand? After a few grows with the same strains, or even different strains, You'll begin to know what to look for and recognize when its happening. But taking her early will teach you a thing or two also. Mostly, not to take her down too early next time. Another option could be to take that one bud off to dry and cure for a sample :) and then continue to watch her for another 7-10 days. Either way, its up to you and you'll end up some some smoke one way or another. Hope all goes well for. Sorry for the rambling...but i hope i help more than confused. *smiles*
Im out
Sparks

Is that what these sacks are?
IMG_173634.JPG

The sacs you pictured are called a calyx.

See how the pistals which were white on some of the calyxs have browned and started to pull in ,that will happen to every one of them .
Yes in some cases a few will remain white .
Your plant is not ready ,check my journal link is below my post I know what I'm talking about its my full time job I have been growing and breeding for over 10 years.

Trichromes are the crystals these are trichromes
RSCN04221.JPG

Now in this pic see the pistals they are pink on this particular strain I have bred .
17814378_121430385065805_2964359305195203675_o.jpg

That won't nanner yet keep it going till pistals recede.

If you pull now your doing it before the buds swell and will lose yield.
PS .some plants aren't done till all the trichs amber and that's how it's meant to be for that plant you have .
Each plant is different.

Is that what these sacks are?
IMG_173634.JPG

Those are not sacs, they are called calyxes.. a very important part of the plant. I agree with some of the others, you plant can go longer.. those leaves are still very green.
You can always harvest the upper half and allow the lower bud-sites more time to develop. I did just that on some of my autos this grow.

Back
Top Bottom