Warning: People Who Eat Tortillas Might be Marijuana Growers

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The panic over escalating outdoor marijuana cultivation just climbed about five notches on the absurdity scale. I feel bad for laughing because there's nothing funny about racial profiling or our failed marijuana policy, but it's just so ridiculous I can't help myself:

DENVER - A federal warning to beware of campers in national forests who eat tortillas, drink Tecate beer and play Spanish music because they could be armed marijuana growers is racial profiling, an advocate for Hispanic rights said Friday.

The warnings were issued Wednesday by the U.S. Forest Service, which is investigating how much marijuana is being illegally cultivated in Colorado's national forests following the recent discovery of more than 14,000 plants in Pike National Forest.

"That's discriminatory, and it puts Hispanic campers in danger," said Polly Baca, co-chairwoman of the Colorado Latino Forum. [AP]

No kidding. It also puts me in danger, being that it's only been a month since I last enjoyed tortillas and Mexican beer on a camping trip. The whole thing is so preposterous one scarcely knows where to begin:
Marvink Correa, spokesman for the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition, said federal officials are painting an unfair stereotype of Hispanics.

"When I go camping, I'll be sure to play nothing but Bruce Springsteen," he said.

He's sort of joking, but this is a seriously messed up situation. The government can't go around telling everyone to watch out for folks who play Spanish music outdoors. That kind of hysteria has a tendency to get innocent people hurt. Campgrounds are already filled with paranoid drunken weirdos and they definitely don't need any encouragement to start flipping out on each other.

The whole stupid war on marijuana in this country started as an ill-conceived xenophobic attack on Mexican culture and it seems we've now come full-circle. This is a disaster and it wouldn’t be happening if our marijuana policy weren't such a mind-bending theater of idiocy and intolerance. If we don't want Mexicans – or anyone else – growing pot in our national parks, then the only solution is to let the American people grow their own marijuana on private property.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Copyright: 2008 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: Warning: People Who Eat Tortillas Might be Marijuana Growers | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

Although the idea of armed mexican drug cartel workers farming our public (state and national parks) is a legitimate concern, that is a seriously dangerous statement. Espcially if the group listening are all the same ethinic make up. What's next, the return of the lench mob? This is some seriously backwards shit. It sounds like an office joke gone wrong. Terrible.

Guess the growers will now have to stock up on nutty ice, spam and crackers for food, and some devil worshiping heavy metal. Lol

imagine
911 i would like to report some brown people eating tortillas, hurry.

And i dont think we should worry about weed growing next to other weeds, as long as they dont start clearing natural forest, and as long as it doesn't become a invasive plant hurting the local biological systems. Which im sure it wouldn;t be considered one.

Good point!

And i dont think we should worry about weed growing next to other weeds, as long as they dont start clearing natural forest, and as long as it doesn't become a invasive plant hurting the local biological systems. Which im sure it wouldn;t be considered one.

Excellent point!! That's the other part of the message we must get across. Hemp (cannabis sativa) is a sustainable plant that is completes its life cycle in 90-100 days. with it versatility we can greatly reduce the demand for fossil fuel and a lot of the pollution that goes with the industry among other things. I don wanna rant, but + reps Smokee.

as long as it doesn't become a invasive plant hurting the local biological systems. Which im sure it wouldn;t be considered one.
Marijuana is not magic, its a plant. It can be as invasive as any plant, quite easily.

Marijuana is not magic, its a plant. It can be as invasive as any plant, quite easily.

WELL IN MONTEREY WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ICE PLANTS GROWING EVERYWHERE OUT OF CONTROL, BUT I HAVE YET TO HEAR OF A CANNABIS WEED GETTING OUT OOF CONTROL, EXCEPT FOR THAT MOVIE ROLLIN KANSAS.
IN MONTEREY IT WOULD GET MOLDY FOR SURE DUE TO ALL THE FOG THAT ALWAYS ROLLS IN, AND OUT HERE IN SO CAL IT WOULD HAVE TO BE NEAR A GOOD SOURCE OF WATER LIKE NEAR A RIVER BED, SMALL CREEK OR ELSE IT WOULD JUST GO DRY, IT'S TOO HOT.

OHH AND IT WORKS LIKE MAGIC FOR ME:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom