Watering flowering plants?

Canachris

I'm about 5-6 weeks into flowering, I know in veg a day or two doesn't late is no biggie. in flowering tho am I better off being a day early than a day late ? they've been getting a out 2 quarts every 3 days, the pic is so you can see thei size

IMG_20240422_063617964.jpg

I'm about 5-6 weeks into flowering, I know in veg a day or two doesn't late is no biggie. in flowering tho am I better off being a day early than a day late ? they've been getting a out 2 quarts every 3 days, the pic is so you can see thei size

IMG_20240422_063617964.jpg

it looks real good from here.

some of it depends on your media. all plants need more attention in flower. the wet / dry cycles are shorter, and you adjust the feed schedule accordingly.

but indoor i lift the pot. But i don't have lots of gadgets to measure soil moisture.
It all changes once the plant is in the flowering stage. No more need to lift the pot or use any sort of probe to test the moisture in the soil. Lifting the pot was the big point in vegetating to get a feel for how dry the soil was and when it was time to water. In flowering it is watering near every day even if the pot did not feel light.

One day I sat down and went through the thread looking for individual messages where she brought up points about the change in the watering method during flowering. The first time was a message early on that she was an Addendum in the link below.

The Flowering Addendum

There are about 12-13 other msgs on watering during flowering in the thread going up to around page 55 or so which is as far as I went. Plus one where she discussed drought stress towards the very end of flowering as a way to enhance the quality of the harvest. Got the whole list somewhere on the hard-drive.

It all changes once the plant is in the flowering stage. No more need to lift the pot or use any sort of probe to test the moisture in the soil. Lifting the pot was the big point in vegetating to get a feel for how dry the soil was and when it was time to water. In flowering it is watering near every day even if the pot did not feel light.

One day I sat down and went through the thread looking for individual messages where she brought up points about the change in the watering method during flowering. The first time was a message early on that she was an Addendum in the link below.

The Flowering Addendum

There are about 12-13 other msgs on watering during flowering in the thread going up to around page 55 or so which is as far as I went. Plus one where she discussed drought stress towards the very end of flowering as a way to enhance the quality of the harvest. Got the whole list somewhere on the hard-drive.
they are to big an akward to try an lift, and it's hard to try and have them on a schedule of however many days because of temperature swings recovery time from clipping leaves an LST. so I guess smaller amounts more frequently is best

Back
Top Bottom