Ways to lower tent temp

Timhomegrow

I have a 3x3x5.5 tent with two 220w from wall LEDs a 4" exhaust fan. Now that it's cooling off outside, my home AC isn't kicking on as much and my tent temp is 81-82. I have ordered a 6" exhaust fan, what else can I do to lower the tent temp a few degrees?

Small ac unit in the tent? Any recommendations?

My first grow had very lose buds and some foxtailing...but I did everything wrong that grow. This grow is way better, but if the heat caused my lose and airy buds I'd like to prevent it again ;)

Was the average temperature in your previous grow higher than the 81°F - 82°F that you mentioned having observed this time? Because that seems too low to cause issues. Was your lighting different? Are you growing different strains this time? Et cetera (in other words, please compare and contrast the two grows).

Was the average temperature in your previous grow higher than the 81°F - 82°F that you mentioned having observed this time? Because that seems too low to cause issues. Was your lighting different? Are you growing different strains this time? Et cetera (in other words, please compare and contrast the two grows).
Same strain, same lights and same temps as the first grow. However, my first grow had many issues from the start .....compact soil, nute lockout/burn, and a handful of newbie issues. This grow things are WAY better but if the temp had anything to do with the airy buds I would like to prevent it this grow.

Listen to Tor, temps that low are good. Now if your hitting the 90s thats bad. Thats a lot of light in a 3x3. You have as much watts in your tent as I do in my 4x8 flower. The 6in will be your best friend, are you able to adjust speed? It may have to go faster to get rid of the heat. Doubtful that you will need a AC unit. People here, TysonOG, grow in a smaller tent with a 1k HPS. He does use AC but its to get his last days of flower to 65F, not the whole grow.

I run 80-83 all day, that shouldn’t be the issue. It’s possibly that 2nd light, and the strain you’re growing.
I think I’ve mentioned before how my 2nd Tangerine Dream plant foxtailed after adding the 2nd light, even though the lux meter read 55k or so, it seemed to put it over the edge. Came out airy and never finished quite right.
The ChemDawg loved that exact same double light environment, and finished dense and perfect.
If you’re keeping it below 85 I wouldn’t even be worrying coming into winter.

Back
Top Bottom