But I clued into something recently- which is that my veg light glows red for quite a while after I turn it off. That's obvious and I knew that already- but I hadn't really been paying attention to how long it takes to dim, because I have to crouch down to see it.
I hoped the plants weren't watching - but I think they were. The hex plants are closest to the door, with the view of that faint red glow.

Ya know.... your lights have been doing that same thing since you first plugged them in and a few minutes of a faint red glow seems like a non-issue to me.
What about the division between bloom and veg? Have you observed the situation by hanging out in the veg area and observing the situation with your own eyes? Seems to me like that would be your most likely culprit.

Ya know the Southpark song Chef wrote.... 'Stinky Britches'? When I see photos of well coated trimming fingers, I sing the 'Sticky Fingers' song to Chef's tune.
Sticky fingers... you got the sticky fingers....

Hmmm tax deductible donations. Yes yes! be sure to get those in the mail. :thumb: :thanks: (That's where my paycheque from my former job is too, apparently...)

Tead the red light thing isn't a constant. It would only happen if I was pissing around and not being careful. Veg and flowering should be well sealed from each other but I will check this to be sure it hasn't changed. I don't usually go in there in the dark much- and I know I was pretty careless the last few weeks when I did this a bunch. It makes sense to me- red light is apparently the worst kind to hit your sleeping flowering plants with- and this is potentially much bigger than one of those red indicator lights, which have screwed things up for me before.
I often get the occasional nanner, but this time I found many just starting- and the timing and location would fit perfectly with my theory. I want my theory to be right so I can be less confused about things, dammit. Let me be right.

Most things TV go straight over my head cause I don't have one. But I do know the Chef you mean and I'll check out that there little loooove song

Ya know.... your lights have been doing that same thing since you first plugged them in and a few minutes of a faint red glow seems like a non-issue to me.
What about the division between bloom and veg? Have you observed the situation by hanging out in the veg area and observing the situation with your own eyes? Seems to me like that would be your most likely culprit.

Ya know the Southpark song Chef wrote.... 'Stinky Britches'? When I see photos of well coated trimming fingers, I sing the 'Sticky Fingers' song to Chef's tune.
Sticky fingers... you got the sticky fingers....

sure is nice to associate with a bunch of weirdos without having to wear one of them funny looking jackets. and all from the comfort
of home. If you don't mind I'll sing stinky fingers to my babies too, that is if you have not copyrighted the song.

would fit perfectly with my theory. I want my theory to be right so I can be less confused about things, dammit.[/QUOTE]

"trying to prove something" gets one AFU. If you are only trying to "prove" something you may ignore things that could be useful.
don't try to prove, observe & connect dots, don't sell yourself short and please keep doing what you are doing.

Oh I will for sure. Far too late to stop the program now.

One last thing before I slink off to bed and celebrate 4:20 am here- I started three more seeds today. Still on the quest for Pineapple Chunk killer indica replacements. I started the last remaining P Chunk seed I had- maybe I will get a better pheno than the other three I tried, or something. Also some mystery Purple Indica Kush something or other. And uhhh.... oh yeah, a Gorilla Glue #4 seed. Not sure how I feel about any of the seeds but- all the more reason to get rid of them somehow.

Best way of getting rid of something is to bury it!

Oh I will for sure. Far too late to stop the program now.

One last thing before I slink off to bed and celebrate 4:20 am here- I started three more seeds today. Still on the quest for Pineapple Chunk killer indica replacements. I started the last remaining P Chunk seed I had- maybe I will get a better pheno than the other three I tried, or something. Also some mystery Purple Indica Kush something or other. And uhhh.... oh yeah, a Gorilla Glue #4 seed. Not sure how I feel about any of the seeds but- all the more reason to get rid of them somehow.

GG#4 is on my wish list fir strains I wana grow :) soooo jelious lol. An Bruce banner #3 is right up there as well.... damn so many strains I wana try :( never enough time money or room

Well, I'm a little skeptical about the GG seed, and these sort of 'mainstream' seeds in general
I guess. I don't know anything about GG#4 except I see a lot of people growing it. I was just stuck for choosing something to use up my Gorilla Seeds coupon.

When it's something like the pure sativas, or pure indicas for that matter, and its a strain that's not too many steps away from the landrace varieties- I am more excited about them. Once they get mixed a lot I don't know what I'm buying anymore, and I was always skeptical about packaged products. These ones are from contest winnings, except for the PC, which I bought two or three years ago. We will see- I might get lucky. The P Chunk strain has worked out well for me, and it's one of those common popular strains too. I'm not a super experienced grower who's grown hundreds of strains- but I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of the 'latest thing' seeds are kind of... 'meh'. Or maybe I'm just suspicious of crowds.

I'll grow these ones till they're big enough to clone- then flower them, and get rid of them if I don't love them. Speaking of which I axed the vegging Lemon Venom and the Strawberry Blue today. The LV was good but not great. The SB - I don't know yet but I have other seeds of it, or I could try to reveg if I change my mind.

I definitely hear you though -about not having enough room, money, or time. There are a lot of things I'd like to try- and lots of seeds even in my medium sized collection that I just don't have time to get to.

GG#4 is on my wish list fir strains I wana grow :) soooo jelious lol. An Bruce banner #3 is right up there as well.... damn so many strains I wana try :( never enough time money or room

GG#4 is a clone-only. Meaning, it's a clone, and not available in seed form. Which doesn't stop scammers from calling seeds "GG4." I've run the GG4 clone, and Weasel, it's not particularly impressive & it got shown the shredder after one run. Oh, it also reversed quite shittily under no real stress. So, imo, it's garbage. Plenty better out there, for sure.

Good luck! Damn PCs....

Damn PCs

DSCN48384.JPG

Thanks handjive- and I don't mean to make it sound like 'problems'. I'm mostly just goofing around having fun when it comes down to it. Like a lot of people on this site. Which is ridiculous considering how much work goes into it. But- work can be fun. Who knew?

I guess... in line with what Skunkworkz said, and without actually knowing two shits about breeding, or much of any of the rest of the process, I'm naturally jaded/realistic enough about pretty much any 'product' that anyone is trying to sell me -that I just take it all with a grain of salt. Kind of like a tomato I buy locally from the 'big store'. Not only do I need lots of grains of salts to even get the thing down my throat, I need some mental ones to even carry on pretending that it's actually a tomato. All I know is that it's round and red, and came from...somewhere... even in the middle of winter. I'm not actually sure what that thing is other than that it tastes like...watery salt with a chewy skin around it. With a hint of pesticide and other people's dirty fingers. Mmmm 'tomato'.

When I buy tomato seeds I know I'm also just buying the idea of tomatoes. I may get something delicious by the end of summer, or it may be a mess. I'll never know why either way- because I'm not a good enough tomato grower and there are way too many variables for my brain to compute. But if a seed strain has been around for decades (or hundreds or thousands of years) then I am more hopeful about those seeds than I am about the 'new' tomato strain seeds that 'just came out' this year. Varieties and strains evolve in nature, with a little human tweaking on top of the millennia of evolution.
But the GG #4 seed I put in to sprout is just the 'idea' of GG #4. Since I've never looked up that strain to see what it's supposed to be about- my idea is really pretty sketchy. I assume it's mostly indica - because all the popular strains are. I'll go check it out but really it's going to be an unknown anyway. Except that after growing a few different strains in the last couple years, I'm already starting to assume 'meh' about some of these seeds before they sprout.

Only got 3 hours sleep. Not sure what I'm raving about.
Coffee time and I'll go see if those seeds sprouted overnight.

Thanks. Nice to see that your PC looks like mine Tead. I can totally recognize that look. I know it is gooey to touch too. Chopping that one now. If I leave it a few weeks longer than where you are at- the definition between 'leaf' and 'bud' becomes slightly better, and the buds start turning a nice bluish colour. Takes a lot of time though and I can't say it's really worth it unless you've got lots.
Ok coffee time now for real.

I know that paint tin :rofl:

~grafted sativa~

she's been kind of crumpled up in a corner of veg for the last few weeks. I put her in flowering tonight. No idea what the future holds with this plant or how challenging it will be to get her through flowering in non-ridiculous fashion. There may be issues with the different strains stretching different amounts. Or there might not. I think it will take quite a lot of training to keep her even. We'll soon see.

so psyched for this!

Thanks for that Mike. Looks like a good spot. They don't seem to like search terms like cannabis or marijuana, but I suppose that they had to nip that subject in the bud.

Back
Top Bottom