Would you pay thousands to a weird Aussie?

i would pay thousands to someone that in Minimum gives me te feel that he sais the truth. That feel can be achieved, but Needs a certain amount to really make me wanna gamble, and the possible Profit(meaning the niceness(soory english)) should be worth enough to make me do what my feel says. I rather use the masses do determine if i wanna risk something. I even bought risky seeds, where People told they dont deliver regularely.. there are some good sites where you can find such info. If possible i would trust on the masses. But again, when much is on the table, i would risk more, and trust the feel i get trough talks and stuff, and hope my human Expertise is high enough..

That looks really great and thanks for those early pics of the GTx- really nice. There must be enough good weather left in the summer for your greedy plans, no?
The fence seems to be crying out for an extension.

GTx is nice smoke. i was expecting something different but not disappointed with what come out..
we about to hit second month of autum and I got another eight weeks left, lol.. looks like 10 weeks on one next to it.. I'll put up a laser light roof over them, open sides, hopefully can keep dry-ish.
Fence had some trellis atop of it, came down month ago and smashed my plants, lol. Apparently timber can be screwed in, not just leaning and holding with own weight.

heya weaseley,, cheers to yas friend,,

thot i would post a pic of the painting that i posted about earlier,, so long ago seems like. the painting gave me fits at the end. they do that sometimes

karma sent up your way friend,, heal thyself,, i heard that somewhere once

the photo of the painting was taken outside this morning,, and i think the natural light brings things to life for me

cheers agin friend,, i must go back to battling my grow,, i tell ya,, the fun is being drained out of this hobby by this freakin mildew. just cant shake it, and it is so pissing me off. i need to start fresh maybe to rid myself of this. trying to figure how to cycle out of this flower room,, perhaps outside for a bit, perhaps get a tent and put it in the house for a bit.

perhaps give it up all together. i sure wish a pot shop would open up round here.

cheers agin agin friend,, out fer now,,

GTx is nice smoke. i was expecting something different but not disappointed with what come out..
we about to hit second month of autum and I got another eight weeks left, lol.. looks like 10 weeks on one next to it.. I'll put up a laser light roof over them, open sides, hopefully can keep dry-ish.
Fence had some trellis atop of it, came down month ago and smashed my plants, lol. Apparently timber can be screwed in, not just leaning and holding with own weight.
Yeah I’m surprised you say it flowered so fast. But it looks good in the pics - has a bit of that Thai ‘wasp ass’ look. I’m brewing some GT x GT seeds and will know more what this next GT pheno is like sometime in the next three months or so.

heya weaseley,, cheers to yas friend,,

thot i would post a pic of the painting that i posted about earlier,, so long ago seems like. the painting gave me fits at the end. they do that sometimes

karma sent up your way friend,, heal thyself,, i heard that somewhere once

P1170442.JPG

the photo of the painting was taken outside this morning,, and i think the natural light brings things to life for me

cheers agin friend,, i must go back to battling my grow,, i tell ya,, the fun is being drained out of this hobby by this freakin mildew. just cant shake it, and it is so pissing me off. i need to start fresh maybe to rid myself of this. trying to figure how to cycle out of this flower room,, perhaps outside for a bit, perhaps get a tent and put it in the house for a bit.

perhaps give it up all together. i sure wish a pot shop would open up round here.

cheers agin agin friend,, out fer now,,

Wow that turned out amazingly Nivek! Really nice. And I think I’d say that even if I wasn’t blind, and stoned. I peered at it for a long time, and was happy. :lot-o-toke:

Ha!
The plant ya luv to hate!
I never would have imagined the relationship I was getting myself into, when I bought the seeds.

i would pay thousands to someone that in Minimum gives me te feel that he sais the truth. That feel can be achieved, but Needs a certain amount to really make me wanna gamble, and the possible Profit(meaning the niceness(soory english)) should be worth enough to make me do what my feel says. I rather use the masses do determine if i wanna risk something. I even bought risky seeds, where People told they dont deliver regularely.. there are some good sites where you can find such info. If possible i would trust on the masses. But again, when much is on the table, i would risk more, and trust the feel i get trough talks and stuff, and hope my human Expertise is high enough..

Trust is lower on the list. Mainly I would never pay hundreds for seeds because the market is flooded with endless different interesting seeds that only cost about $10 each. I won’t live long enough to try them all. So even if I was more rich than I am, which I’m not, I wouldn’t have any reason to spend a lot on seeds. Perhaps some breeders would in the right situation, I don’t know much about that

Trust is lower on the list. Mainly I would never pay hundreds for seeds because the market is flooded with endless different interesting seeds that only cost about $10 each. I won’t live long enough to try them all. So even if I was more rich than I am, which I’m not, I wouldn’t have any reason to spend a lot on seeds. Perhaps some breeders would in the right situation, I don’t know much about that

ok ist your choice peace

ok ist your choice peace

Actually financially it isn’t a choice I have right now, to spend hundreds on a seed strain. And not a choice I’d make at any time no matter how much money I had, because there are a lot of inexpensive and interesting options out there.
What I’m trying to say is, in the bigger picture, I don’t think the market you are looking at (average hobby grower spending hundreds of dollars on a strain) exists. Like I said, maybe some breeders spend a lot on seeds, I don’t know. I suspect they probably don’t though, unless they have a very good idea what they’re buying.

Weasel you have any crazy winter stories. It's finally warming up here in the Midwest. Hopefully you are getting some spring weather too

Man, I wish I did!
Though they say to be careful what you wish for, ha ha ha.
I guess it’s been a year of transition or reflection. (That’s kind of a polite way of saying that the winter sucked worse then usual). I don’t know if that’s true everywhere but it has been for most people that I know.

The gods smited me quite a bit in the last couple years.
:rofl:

Whoops -I meant :adore:

I’m formulating plans to move out of my current spot to live further out in the bush eventually, and I’m quite excited to make some changes. Decreased vision has meant a much smaller world. I’ll have the eye problem hopefully sorted out in another month or so and put this little eye debacle mostly behind me, fingers crossed.
Something about losing vision- it’s not a horrible experience. In a way it’s sort of a cozy/womblike effect, as the world gets blurrier and smaller. If I knew this was to be my fate, I’d manage fine. But... I don’t know, wombs aren’t always what they’re cracked up to be.* I think they’re good and everything, but when you’re getting sucked into one without even being asked first... Basically what it boils down to is - you should always be asked first. There are lots of times I’m ready and would say ‘Bring on the womb now’. But when you have other plans, it’s really not convenient.

So yeah- no good stories unfortunately, except, as with you, spring is finally springing here. And that’s definitely a story worth telling :) Today and yesterday I actually lay in the sun like a lizard and soaked some up. What bliss.

*Did you know- the word ‘womb’ is actually Chinese in origin? In their language it simply means ‘very small room’, and they still use the word to this day at hotels and such, when selling you one.

The air-layering finally shows some roots :thumb:

I checked the dates and it’s been longer than I thought- 25 days now.
It’s a fair sized branch and is going to need plenty of roots to support it when it gets amputated, so I tried to add more RW. A larger cube- like a 4” or 6” one would be better. I don’t have any around so I glommed several cubes on to the stem and wrapped it all with string. It’s kind of precarious having this blob of rockwool hanging on the stem. One bump or twist and I think most of the roots would get broken.
If I do it again next time I’ll do a better job and tie it on securely with fine biodegradable thread. I knew I was heading for trouble with this haywire method, but decided to go for it.
Behold the magnificence.

Live futher out in the bush :rofl: beyond the bears and into the wolves

Is it spring where your at? When weather start to fine up?

Yeah it’s finally getting nice and the sun is fighting back in style and making real (by my standards) warmth. Still frosting at night.
Yeah it’s been a dream of mine, and the gf also, to live way out in the bush again, and we may have a great opportunity to do that, so will definitely try to seize the chance before I get too old or ‘smote-down’ with more silly bullshit (lightning bolts, frogs, etc)

Damn man, that sucks about going blind. I was born with a cataract in my left eye, and back when I was an insured adolescent/teen they said I couldn't get it removed cuz my brain wouldn't know how to use that eye and it would've been a waste of $$$. Conveniently as I became an uninsured adult, that opinion went the way of the dodo, so I've been a cycloptic skybound since my origin and have never experienced the joy of a 3D movie. Accidental glimpses of welding flash or these damn COBs makes me very nervous. I wish I was as brave as you on the topic, but I guess it's like all ailments humans are forced to endure, and if one is upon you, you have zero choice, so one can either be brave about it, or struck with fright, but the end result will be the same.

I definitely envy the move out farther into the bush, though I have to question your reasonig if you're losing your vision. Wouldn't it make more sense to be near more people that can assist if/when your sight fades too much?

Also, about the air layer experiment, can you explain the value of a real world application? Like would it be a good way to turn one large mom into 10-20 mid grown veg plants that can be flipped shortly after being amputated and thus make for a much larger harvest?

Oh no I didn’t mean to exaggerate the blindness thing- I’m going for another operation in another month which should fix that eye and pretty much end this little year-long side story. The vision in that one eye will never be as good as it was a year ago before this all happened, mainly because of all the lasers it got zapped with, but it should be at least 2/3 as good. I think it will be so much better than it is now that I’ll feel superhuman.

Re the air layering, I think as long as cloning is going well for you then air layering probably isn’t an advantage, but I’ll know more when I see how the cutting does after it gets cut.
I’ve had a lot of trouble rooting clones lately and this seems like a pretty forgiving way of getting roots. Since the main plant is still happily growing, it’s not do or die, and it’s in a much stronger position to produce roots than an amputated limb is.
My growing style is very slow, but I often run into a traffic bottleneck where I can’t get some strains to clone, so can’t shuffle them into flowering. If it’s a strain I want to keep then I usually don’t want to risk everything on the hopes of a reveg after flowering. So- veg gets overcrowded and that’s where I’m at right now.

Yeah you could air-layer 20 cuttings off of a large mother plant- but it’s a more fiddly process than cloning, so if your cloning rates are good and general growth speed is fast then there’s probably no advantage.

I’m formulating plans to move out of my current spot to live further out in the bush eventually, and I’m quite excited to make some changes. Decreased vision has meant a much smaller world. I’ll have the eye problem hopefully sorted out in another month or so and put this little eye debacle mostly behind me, fingers crossed.
Something about losing vision- it’s not a horrible experience. In a way it’s sort of a cozy/womblike effect, as the world gets blurrier and smaller. If I knew this was to be my fate, I’d manage fine. But... I don’t know, wombs aren’t always what they’re cracked up to be.* I think they’re good and everything, but when you’re getting sucked into one without even being asked first... Basically what it boils down to is - you should always be asked first. There are lots of times I’m ready and would say ‘Bring on the womb now’. But when you have other plans, it’s really not convenient.

*Did you know- the word ‘womb’ is actually Chinese in origin? In their language it simply means ‘very small room’, and they still use the word to this day at hotels and such, when selling you one.

...It's always nice to have a womb with a view... :D;)...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:...

Is it spring where your at?

Signs of spring on the top of my compost pile.

This spot is still a thawing ice cube with even the hardiest weeds barely daring to raise their heads. Must be a lot of warmth in that compost.

Awesome man, three four leaf clovers..
Not to be a downer, lol. I imagine you'll have five months until darkness starts to creep back in, around start of October or is it later? plenty time to plant some early skunk and early queen seeds into ground. Plant start of may and should be getting a good harvest..

Back
Top Bottom