Weed Tea

Bubble bag teas are quite potent, and most refreshing and LOOK OUT :)~~ actually in a taste testing 3 out of 4 thought they it was a dark orange black pekoe taste. Best was to refridgerate it and serve over ice, with or without lemon> most potent was after the
1st wash>

I found this post through a google search. I had to join so I can chime in here. Milk, honey and cannabis works. You have to cook it in the milk. I used soy milk, it doesn't have animal based fats (obviously...) so maybe it's not the same, but I cooked it all together in a pot (soy milk and honey = proteins, sugars, carbohydrates, etc.) then poured the mixture through a coffee filter with some holes in it over a tea bag.

It worked great for me, since I use it not to get high but for medicinal purposes. Think of it like you're cooking Chai. I mean, the recipe is centuries old, but for you kids today... think of Chai tea being cooked up on a hand made platter by some naked dudes in India... except there's weed in it. I still feel where my arthritis pains are, but they don't hurt. It's like I can feel the source of the pain without it actually feeling painful. Also, I feel like I might actually get a full nights sleep, and I feel content... not worried or stressed out. I'm not ignoring my problems or responsibilities, I can actually think about them logically rather than being all scatterbrained.

I think I used a little too much cannabis actually... but it's not bad. When I ate brownies for the first them when I was younger, I didn't think it was working (common mistake I hear) and ate like three of them. It was way too much. A gazillion times worse than if I smoked that same amount or more.

So... watch out for that.

Legalize it!:cheer:

The thc does not need to first be dissolved into a fat before it can be absorbed into the body. You can eat a nug straight and get pretty buzzed. Some resins and cannabinoids are water soluble i believe and they contribute to a well rounded high. The reason you steep tea leaves is to extract the essential oils from within.

As a side note, I like the idea of using a grinder and putting powdered weed in the bottom of a mug along with a pack of instant hot chocolate.

Tried this with butter and non fat milk because I didnt have whole milk. I had a 25% mind 75% body buzz-high. I guess its the weeds fault.

Pot hot chocolate is great! Just heat up some whole milk and throw some ground up weed into it. Let it simmer until the milk turns green, then pour into a mug, mix with coco powder, and enjoy!
I recommend not straining out the weed when you drink it, as I would imagine there is still THC in the shake, and anyway, it is fun to chew on and doesn't taste bad at all.
The hot chocolate itself tastes delicious, with just a hint of weed flavoring, which I happen to enjoy.

Try adding a drop or two of vanilla extract. i don't know about you guys, but every edible i've ever made i added vanilla to (minus the savory stuff) and it tastes fuckin' awesome. Really seems to complement the taste of cooked bud and vanilla always goes with chocolate, nice little dance they do on your palate.

Re: Weed Tee...nice cup!!!

:cheesygrinsmiley: After reading this thread about weed tea, I decided to give it a shot...<1/4gm of jelly hash & 2/3gm of some old dried bubba kush
bud I stored for the dry spells in supply and ...WOW:clap: ..I put the hash in my mug and put in 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter...micro for 1.5 min on 50% power...added ground kush into a tea ball & tossed it in with some boiling water...added 2 Good Earth original tea bags and let it steep for 15 min. covered...I added some splenda to it and it was a very pleasant tasting tea...2 1/2 hrs later I start getting waves of rushes some strong & some so so...but man...this stuff feels great.......I like edibles & beverages, but never boothered to try until now....:adore: thanks for the recommendation Ms. Alaska:laughtwo:
my spellin goes to hell when I start buzzin':trance: :sasmokin:

Dude!:cheer::That some recipe. I like doing waves.:yikes: Thanks lots!

dont put butter in there.... you can use honey it's great.. or sugar... but butter in tea is gross.. i dont even wanna imagine drinking butter...

i need to know how its done exacly..i know u have to boil water put weed in it for about an 1:30 then ad a teaspoon of butter...do i just throw it in there or whut anybody can help me plzzz!!!!

I just read a deal on making canabutter, and it said that thc is not water soluable, so you can boil it, and only lose the chlorphyl. If this is true, then boiling it won't make tea. Im confused. Dennis

dont put butter in there.... you can use honey it's great.. or sugar... but butter in tea is gross.. i dont even wanna imagine drinking butter...

i need to know how its done exacly..i know u have to boil water put weed in it for about an 1:30 then ad a teaspoon of butter...do i just throw it in there or whut anybody can help me plzzz!!!!

I just read a deal on making canabutter, and it said that thc is not water soluable, so you can boil it, and rinse it, before adding it to the melted butter, and only lose the chlorphyl, which gives the butter a green taste. If this is true, then boiling it won't make tea. It also said that when cooking it in butter, the thc aheared to the fat cells in the butter, so I would think you would need to add the butter when making tea. Im confused. Dennis

thc is not water soluable,, if you boil it at too high a temp you will vaporize the thc as well..
I think the trick in the recipe above is the butter. that adds the fat that you need. Although, I would think it would taste pretty bad... I cannot imgine drinking butter.. :hookah:

I agree, yuk ! :)
I was on a bike run, campout, many years ago, and ate a slice of zuccini bread for breakfast. Wound up sittin in a lawn chair all day, so I don't like eating it anymore :)

I made cannabutter for the first time about 2 weeks ago. It came out great, my friend's fiance made some oatmeal chocolate cookies, you could taste the weed, the chocolate covered it decently, but you could still taste it pretty good. it was Ok for the buzz, a good mellow background buzz that let me get really high with just a little smoke.

my wife made some banana bread (your zuchini bread sounds delicious,, I will have to try that sometime).. anyways, the banana bread used twice the butter, and for only 12 slices,, so it was potent, and tasty,, you could not taste pot in it at all. It was very yummy...

well, my wife, (who only takes 2 or 3 hits to my 2 or 3 bowls) ate 1/2 slice of bread, and was toasted. she was sooooo wrecked, I can laugh now, but when it was happening, she thought she was gonna die.. (look up the cop who ate pot brownie on youtube,, she sounded just like him) she is fine, and nothing happened, she will not eat any more though..

edibles just effect people different (the same way smoking effects people different) I guess it's your tolerence to it... but man, the high lasts for hours :)

I don't like to get stoned anymore. I just smoke for releif from phantom pains, and neck and back pain. It helps keep with depression away also. I ride every day, so I need to be alert. Riding is my passion. I smoke thru the day as needed, but I havn't actually been what you would call stoned in a long time. I don't like the DUH factor. lol Dennis

I don't like to smoke, my brother lost his lower jaw to cancer so either I use my vaporizer or make edibles (baked goods) Once you learn how much your body needs to achieve your preferred level it's a snap.

Sorry to hear about your brother, thats awful ! I've been smokin 2 packs of cigarettes a day, for about 39 years now. Yikes !
I have a friend who uses a vaporizer now, and he really likes that. He tried eating it many different things, but he didn't stick to that very long. Guess he didn't like the taste, or it was using too much weed. I can't remember what he said. I'll have to ask him about that. Dennis

Sorry to hear about your brother, thats awful ! I've been smokin 2 packs of cigarettes a day, for about 39 years now. Yikes !
I have a friend who uses a vaporizer now, and he really likes that. He tried eating it many different things, but he didn't stick to that very long. Guess he didn't like the taste, or it was using too much weed. I can't remember what he said. I'll have to ask him about that. Dennis

Freeonthree, you need to quit using tobacco RIGHT NOW!

I have a photo of my brother right after the bandages were removed. He could not speak and was being fed via a tube down his throat. One look and I quit (cigarettes) that day. Even the nurses were trying to avoid looking at his face. He smoked for over 30 years and didn't believe it would happen to him.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer but whenever I hear of somebody struggling with tobacco addiction I have try and help. Good luck.

Thats how I feel about perscription drugs. Flush them all now ! lol Thats what I did.
Still smoking though. I just decided today actually, to cut myself back to 1 pack a day, and so far im doing ok, but it ain't easy. I got 5 more to last me till I go to bed, so im doing great, today anyway. I quit drinking, but that was a breeze. Did that in 2002. I was drinking a case of beer a day. lol Cigarettes is alot tougher from where im sitting.

Still smoking though. I just decided today actually, to cut myself back to 1 pack a day, and so far im doing ok, but it ain't easy. I got 5 more to last me till I go to bed, so im doing great, today anyway.

Well I hope you quit soon, I think you said you were 59? That's the prime age for developing all types of cancer. -Diane

Back
Top Bottom