What deficiency is my Mango facing?

AlienAthena

The leaves along the entire plant are yellowing with some brownish/red spots. feeding calmag liquid seaweed, and blood at 6 ml each. What needs adjusting?
420-magazine-mobile1654918998.jpg
420-magazine-mobile382172515.jpg

Nice looking buds!
Are you giving it anything besides the organic nutes you listed?
Have you reduced nutes/started flushing for harvest? (If so, those changes are to be expected.)
I'm not an organic grower, but I'll take a guess that those brown spots might be a Ca/Mg deficiency, so you could increase that.
The yellowing looks like deficiency, but it's hard to say what exactly. Nitrogen deficiency is the most common culprit.
I guess my best guess is increase the Ca/Mg supplement and feed them more.

Nice looking buds!
Are you giving it anything besides the organic nutes you listed?
Have you reduced nutes/started flushing for harvest? (If so, those changes are to be expected.)
I'm not an organic grower, but I'll take a guess that those brown spots might be a Ca/Mg deficiency, so you could increase that.
The yellowing looks like deficiency, but it's hard to say what exactly. Nitrogen deficiency is the most common culprit.
I guess my best guess is increase the Ca/Mg supplement and feed them more.

Yeah i was thinking a Ca/mg deficiency. Oops! Not growing organic i meant to say *bloom. Do you know what i could use to increase the nitrogen? Thanks for the help!

Yeah i was thinking a Ca/mg deficiency. Oops! Not growing organic i meant to say *bloom. Do you know what i could use to increase the nitrogen? Thanks for the help!

Chicken manure will give you more nitrogen if you want to stay with the plant and animal products. Just one dose of general purpose fertilizer would probably get you across the finish line.

i meant to say *bloom.

Oh I get it, bloom not blood. Bloom fertilizers are usually low or completely missing nitrates, so that might be why you're having a problem. Like I said, a dose of general purpose fertilizer (like the much maligned Miracle Gro if you have some around for your house plants) or the "Grow" (high N) component of a multipart fertilizer should help (in GH's FloraSeries, for example that would be FloraGro). Some micronutrients (aka trace elements) would be good insurance in case the deficiency is in one of the other components, like molybdenum (for example GH FloraMicro).

(Remember that Ca/Mg goes into the mix first.)

Oh I get it, bloom not blood. Bloom fertilizers are usually low or completely missing nitrates, so that might be why you're having a problem. Like I said, a dose of general purpose fertilizer (like the much maligned Miracle Gro if you have some around for your house plants) or the "Grow" (high N) component of a multipart fertilizer should help (in GH's FloraSeries, for example that would be FloraGro). Some micronutrients (aka trace elements) would be good insurance in case the deficiency is in one of the other components, like molybdenum (for example GH FloraMicro).

(Remember that Ca/Mg goes into the mix first.)

holy shit i forgot that cal mag goes in first. think i might've solved my problem but i'll also pose it a little and get the grow that goes with the bloom i have! thanks .

holy shit i forgot that cal mag goes in first. think i might've solved my problem but i'll also pose it a little and get the grow that goes with the bloom i have! thanks .

For GH nutes, the sequence is:
  1. Si and/or Cal Mag
  2. Micronutrients (e.g. FloraMicro)
  3. Everything else (e.g. FloraGro and FloraBloom)

I image it's similar for other brands.

I think it might actually be a manganese deficiency? any idea on how to fix that?

It's really hard to diagnose nutrient deficiencies from those popular leaf charts. (I went to college with a guy who spent years studying soils and chemistry just to be able to do that with some degree of certainty.)

And manganese is a trace element, so the plant needs only small amounts of it to grow. If you are using commercial potting soil and commercial fertilizer, you really should never see a deficit of a trace element.

Just to be clear, you ARE using good quality soil and a complete commercial fertilizer with trace elements (a.k.a. "micronutrients"), right?

I'm using FFOF Soil and nutrients are liquid seaweed, cal mag, and big bloom. i just noticed today that i had BIG bloom and not TIGER Bloom so i just got some. do you think that could've been the problem? I'm seeing that Tiger Bloom has Nitrogen whereas the Big Bloom does not.

FFOF is a premium soil, so that alone should take you a long way!

But yeah, if you have been using a nitrogen-free bloom fertilizer, it seems entirely plausible to me that that your problem is that you ran out of N. Interesting!

For GH nutes, the sequence is:
  1. Si and/or Cal Mag
  2. Micronutrients (e.g. FloraMicro)
  3. Everything else (e.g. FloraGro and FloraBloom)

I image it's similar for other brands.

Hi Scientific,

What does this mean? When I mix up nutes I fill up the bucket with water and then mix in the nutes in no particular order. Stir it up, PH adjust and feed. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Scientific,

What does this mean? When I mix up nutes I fill up the bucket with water and then mix in the nutes in no particular order. Stir it up, PH adjust and feed. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. At least with General Hydroponics brand (and I assume the others are similar), you add them in the order listed or the nutrients crash out of solution. GH CALiMAGic and FloraMicro are alkaline solutions and the others acidic, so I think what you're doing is getting the Ca, Mg, and micronutrients into solution first before the mix is acidified.

That sequence is right from the GH website, BTW. They should really clarify that more. FloraMicro says on the label directions to add it first, but there is no such warning on their Ca/Mg.

Sent the inquiry below off. I'll let you know what they say.

I use Canna nutrients. I add 10 litres of water to a bucket, add what nutrients are required, and then PH adjust. Does it matter in what order I add the nutrients? If so, is there a specific order to add the nutrients?

Hey Calvados, I'd be curious to know what they tell you.

Canna coco A+B has something like 4.5% calcium and 1.5% magnesium. There is plenty of cal-mag in their base to begin with, even for your soft water. 10ml per gallon of each nets you more than 110ppm of calcium in the solution. The reason Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus is so effective with canna in soft water is actually due to the chelated iron it contains. Without the iron new growth will be yellow and weak. You tap water may contain the needed iron, it may not... being late flower id guess it's a small calmag def as well due to LEDs generally requiring more calmag. I was adding about 2-3ml a gal with my 40ppm tap.

Sent the inquiry below off. I'll let you know what they say.

I use Canna nutrients. I add 10 litres of water to a bucket, add what nutrients are required, and then PH adjust. Does it matter in what order I add the nutrients? If so, is there a specific order to add the nutrients?

I use Canna, and I add base hydroguard, base nutes, other canna additives(rhizo, Zym, boost of flower),then my calmag. I don't know if it makes a difference. Some things I read forced these habits.

Edit***

Crap. He's growing in soil and wrong nutes. Ignore that paragraph, if you use canna it applies .. Sorry I'm baked. I believe it's a slight calmag, or slight n def. does it worsen towards lower growth?

Looking to jump in here... Having a bit of a problem with this mango strain! From the get go having this problem. Even before nutes while still early veg it starts? Gone heavy with Nutes (N) gone lite with them but nothing changes? Finishing an entire grow with this issue but the buds appear fine and with good size? Never could fully rid this yellowing. This is a clone of the first plants... Starting again! Growing in soilless mix (Promix) feeding Fox Farm. Good lighting and good set-up... Hasn't seem to effect the finish product that much but looks ugly as hell the entire way! Any suggestions... What am I missing here? Doing something wrong... Would have taken some pics of the flowering but lights out now and will do so later... Feels good to be back on the site, been a while!

20171222_123609.jpg
20171222_123540.jpg

Looking to jump in here... Having a bit of a problem with this mango strain! From the get go having this problem. Even before nutes while still early veg it starts? Gone heavy with Nutes (N) gone lite with them but nothing changes? Finishing an entire grow with this issue but the buds appear fine and with good size? Never could fully rid this yellowing. This is a clone of the first plants... Starting again! Growing in soilless mix (Promix) feeding Fox Farm. Good lighting and good set-up... Hasn't seem to effect the finish product that much but looks ugly as hell the entire way! Any suggestions... What am I missing here? Doing something wrong... Would have taken some pics of the flowering but lights out now and will do so later... Feels good to be back on the site, been a while!

20171222_123609.jpg
20171222_123540.jpg

I'm starting to think it's the strain because my blueberry is on the nutes and is perfectly healthy. My mango on the other hand has just been a pale mess lol. Your leaves, besides the yellow edges, are a nice green. Looks we have different phenotypes of the strain too. Mine looks more Sativa-ish.

What i find curious is most of your effected leaves are towards the top.

Back
Top Bottom