AlienAthena

Hello everyone it's been nearly a year since I've last post anything but I've missed this community of growers and support so much that I've decided to start back documenting everything. The past year has been crazy but things have been better. Now onto the grow details:

Strains:
  • Bodega Bubblegum (x2)
  • Eastern Shore OG (x2)
  • Grapefruit Sour Dream
  • Tangerine Dream
Equipment:
  • 3x3x6 Tent
  • 240w Quantum Board (not HLG lol)
  • 2 gallon pots
  • Roots Organic in 3 pots and Fox Farm Ocean Forest in the other 3
  • Fox Farm flowering nutrients, Cal Mag, and Liquid Seaweed
Here are some pictures from right before flowering until now. Just to get y'all caught up:

I'll add more closeup and detailed pictures soon!

I’m loving those colours!! I’ll come along for the ride if you don’t mind. Looks like everything is going great. Always nice seeing a full tent! Happy growing!
Nice, I don’t mind at all! I have 4 more plants of this grow, 2 of which are getting chopped soon, and have already started the next batch!

Pollen sack... Opened... And do you have a fan in there and more plants?!?
:eek:
Please check all remaining plants
Luckily I did not have a really powerful fan as I had cold temps and low humidity. I think she got the Eastern Shore OG pretty good as they were right next to each other. ESOG had more seeds than the Grapefruit Sour Dream so far. Here's a pic of the GSD pollen sack

The seeds you get will be "fem" seeds and a cross between the two breeds. Pollen that comes off a hermi plant usually produce female seeds. Theres nothing wrong with it other than youve got buds with seeds in them. I would keep as many viable seeds as you can. They will be fun and interesting to grow later :)

Okay so yesterday the greener pheno of the Bodega Bubblegum's got the chop. It was foxtailing and showing amber trichomes. It could've gone longer but I spotted seeds so it got the chop too. Here's some photos of all the plants. The two in the back are the BB's and the front left is the ESOG and the Tangerine Dream is in the front right obviously.

The tangerine dream, which is the last picture, looks horrible and i'm not a fan of this pheno which is a disappointment as the last time I grew it, it was the best thing for daytime smoke. I will of course save final judgement until after it's done and cured but so far it's looking to be destined for edibles. The last three will probably go two more weeks.

Was trimming up the Bodega Bubblegum I had cut when i spotted some nanners. I saw them everywhere but surprisingly there’s not as many seeds compared to the other two i’ve harvested.

Bad picture but I literally saw clusters of the nanners while trimming. This is a regular strain which leaves me to believe the intersex of plants was due to the environment. Pretty sure my light going out a couple times early in flower threw things off. Expecting to find seeds in the remaining 3 plants.

Hello everyone it's been nearly a year since I've last post anything but I've missed this community of growers and support so much that I've decided to start back documenting everything. The past year has been crazy but things have been better. Now onto the grow details:

Strains:
  • Bodega Bubblegum (x2)
  • Eastern Shore OG (x2)
  • Grapefruit Sour Dream
  • Tangerine Dream
Equipment:
  • 3x3x6 Tent
  • 240w Quantum Board (not HLG lol)
  • 2 gallon pots
  • Roots Organic in 3 pots and Fox Farm Ocean Forest in the other 3
  • Fox Farm flowering nutrients, Cal Mag, and Liquid Seaweed
Here are some pictures from right before flowering until now. Just to get y'all caught up:

I'll add more closeup and detailed pictures soon!
Welcome Back!
Love the name and what a beautiful garden!
Pulling up a chair to get caught up, and BTW thanks for the vote on the PLOTM for feb!

Do you think the offspring would be prone to being intersex also?

Welcome back good to see you growing.

Nanners are usually sterile. Pollen sack on the other hand, not so much.

Since the male bits on a female plant is a recessive trait, its unlikely it will show up again next run, or same likelihood.

Likely something in the environment caused that flower and your nanner to show up to the party. Could be not enough water, high temps, pests, too long in flower etc. - any or just 1 of them can be enough.

Some strains are more sensitive.

Those male bits usually show up down low to mid height WAY inside where they are hard to see close to the main stalk.

Why you see a lot of growers thinning out the plant down low (loli-pop is the common term I think).

Cool part all the seed will be FEM.

One thing I noticed is many of your plants are missing fan leaves. IF you are taking them off that is a form of stress for the plants. Not sure why you would want to remove them??

Your plants stress when say an animal or insects were eating the leaves, when you cut them off its the same stress. Also the plant gives off pheromones and can do that as a warning to other plants - it how plants communicate to each other.

So you take off leaves, plant sends a message out that there's something eating me, the other plants response is to make their leaves taste bad thru there immune system response. This can also trigger the nanners and male bits to show up.

To thin out what I do is do that trimming at up-pot before flower times and JUST clean out the lower LAF thats it and leave the plant to its own resources as much as possible. These plants have been living with and beside humans for 10s of thousands of years. They know they are on our dinner plate.

True story.

Was at a music festival under some live oak trees (many acres of them) in Florida. These are HUGE trees with a vary large way up high canopy. There was a particular dude that was being a complete ASSWIPE - making lots of noises and basically interrupting the great vibe. A tree branch feel down hit him right square on top of the head. He was taken to the hospital. He didn't die but he wasn't able to make it back to the music festival. I took that as a sign the plants know we are here.

Welcome back good to see you growing.

Nanners are usually sterile. Pollen sack on the other hand, not so much.

Since the male bits on a female plant is a recessive trait, its unlikely it will show up again next run, or same likelihood.

Likely something in the environment caused that flower and your nanner to show up to the party. Could be not enough water, high temps, pests, too long in flower etc. - any or just 1 of them can be enough.

Some strains are more sensitive.

Those male bits usually show up down low to mid height WAY inside where they are hard to see close to the main stalk.

Why you see a lot of growers thinning out the plant down low (loli-pop is the common term I think).

Cool part all the seed will be FEM.

One thing I noticed is many of your plants are missing fan leaves. IF you are taking them off that is a form of stress for the plants. Not sure why you would want to remove them??

Your plants stress when say an animal or insects were eating the leaves, when you cut them off its the same stress. Also the plant gives off pheromones and can do that as a warning to other plants - it how plants communicate to each other.

So you take off leaves, plant sends a message out that there's something eating me, the other plants response is to make their leaves taste bad thru there immune system response. This can also trigger the nanners and male bits to show up.

To thin out what I do is do that trimming at up-pot before flower times and JUST clean out the lower LAF thats it and leave the plant to its own resources as much as possible. These plants have been living with and beside humans for 10s of thousands of years. They know they are on our dinner plate.

True story.

Was at a music festival under some live oak trees (many acres of them) in Florida. These are HUGE trees with a vary large way up high canopy. There was a particular dude that was being a complete ASSWIPE - making lots of noises and basically interrupting the great vibe. A tree branch feel down hit him right square on top of the head. He was taken to the hospital. He didn't die but he wasn't able to make it back to the music festival. I took that as a sign the plants know we are here.
Yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head about the stress. Had some light issues with it going out a couple times the first two weeks of flower.

Also I didn’t trim any fan leaves off until I noticed the first seeds on 2/03/19 and had copped my first plant. The nanners were there at that point. I didn’t properly lollipop but I’ve learned my lesson this time but also the GSD and ESOG came from bagseed so I expected them to be fussy. Most nanners when I was dry trimming had some pollen in it when i was removing them. The main plant to nanner horribly was a regular seed so :hmmmm:

I plan on growing only reputable seeds now lol

The thing with the branch hitting the guy being an ass is great. karma is very real lol

Back
Top Bottom