Calmag is a must with LEDs and some plants are calmag hogs I'd use a teaspoon per gallon of water for awhile and see how it goes

Yeah I need to go to my local hydroponics store and pick up some calmag seeing how mine went bad. I wasn't aware you could put calmag into every watering I thought it was something you only add when you see signs of deficiency.

They're already looking better after the last feeding with the extra calmag from the AN nutes.

I'll hang out if its ok. I have some GG#4 x WW seeds from Expert that I've never grown and I'll be curious how yours turn out.

With the scrog, you should flip when its about 70% full. It'll fill the whole screen by the time the stretch starts.

Your gonna dig the QB288 boards. I run 4 of them.

I'll hang out if its ok. I have some GG#4 x WW seeds from Expert that I've never grown and I'll be curious how yours turn out.

With the scrog, you should flip when its about 70% full. It'll fill the whole screen by the time the stretch starts.

Your gonna dig the QB288 boards. I run 4 of them.

Welcome Dawg! Come pull up a chair

Ya I wanted to veg them for longer and really fill up the screen with an even canopy but out here in AZ the weather doesn't let you do what you want sometimes. Starting May temps are gunna hit 100+ so I wanted to make sure everything is harvested and cured before then.

So far I'm loving the QB288's they are a great light all around, super bright, great penetration and low heat output. Efficient too. I'm going to be hanging my 4th board soon.

Can anybody provide some information on foliar feeding? I've never done it before.. I understand to foliar feed 15-30min before or after the lights go off while the stomata are still open, and not when lights are on to prevent burning. The finer the mist the better also.

Do I foliar feed in between traditional waterings or can I foliar feed a day or two before/after watering?
Would mixing Liquid Seaweed/ URB Natural and Calmag be too high ppm for foliar feeding?
Do I need to pH a foliar feed?

Hi guys,

I've been away for a couple days so here's another update for yall.

I went out and picked up some Calmag+ from my local hydro store. I bought one of the small 8oz bottles, of course the hydro guy tried to sell me on the gallon lol. Anyway, we've been feeding the girls the Calmag + the other nutrients we've been giving them. The discoloration of the plants seems to be going away and the dark spots have stopped appearing. Will continue to dose calmag each watering.

We also defoliated the girls somewhat, tried to remove excess plant material and open the plant up to allow light penetration. It was much needed, we removed a lot of fan leaves and they are still sooo bushy. When we flip to flower we will have to take a lot more during lollipopping.

I will provide some new pictures later on today =)

Some pics as promised. It's funny I took a whole lot of fan leaves off but only looking at these pictures you couldn't tell I took anything off haha. They got another week or so until flower.

20190118_203343.jpg

20190118_203426.jpg

GG#4 (Day 52 Veg)
20190118_203432.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese (Day 44 Veg)
20190118_203437.jpg

GG#4 x White Widow (43 Veg)
20190118_203440.jpg

20190118_205421.jpg

It's funny I took a whole lot of fan leaves off but only looking at these pictures you couldn't tell I took anything off haha.

Ain't that the truth. Mines the same way.

They got another week or so until flower.

If you flipped now you'd fill the screen before first pistils. Wait a week or so to flip and its gonna get pretty congested in there.
Just my two bits...:high-five:

So today marks the 1st day of flower for the girls!

We hung up our last Quantum Board for a total of 4 x 288.2 @ 135w. We lowered the lights from 28" to 18" and defoliated a little bit more to open up the plant and let the light hit the lower bud sites.

We also hung up our carbon filter/fan, we plan to exhaust it out the window when the time comes.

20190121_194824.jpg

20190121_194836.jpg

20190121_194809.jpg

GG#4
20190121_194901.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese
20190121_194912.jpg

GG#4 x White Widow
20190121_194923.jpg

Thats looking really nice in there Gimik, I think you'll be pleased with the scrog. The timing is just right, it'll fill nicely. Sure can't beat those QB288's eh. I'm just flushing my first full grow with them and I tell ya, they kick ass.

Very healthy looking and tidy. :goodluck:

Yeah I'm super happy about how they're turning out. We ended up buying a 2" stone to place under the GGxCheese to boost her up a little b/c she was a little short for the scrog but other than that I can't complain. They really popped up during the 24hrs of dark, had to tuck them under the net again. I can't wait to see them when they wake up tomorrow =)

They look very nice!
Also 4x288 QB in 4x4 tent is impressive for me personally.
Possibly it's a stupid question but is it even possible to burn plants by a quantum board?

They look very nice!
Also 4x288 QB in 4x4 tent is impressive for me personally.
Possibly it's a stupid question but is it even possible to burn plants by a quantum board?

Thanks Ocean! I'm loving my QBs -- best decision to go with them they are kicking absolute ass right now. Currently, I have my 288's 18" from the top of the plants but Atreum told me I can put them as close as 12" away from the canopy. I believe it's possible for any light to burn plants -- just play around with the different heights and see what works for you. I know with the 132QB you can put those literally on top of the plants without burning them but the 288s are a bit more powerful.

Next run I think I want to add two additional 288's for a total of 6.

Hey there, I just got caught up on your journal. I’ll hang around if you don’t mind. Plants look goood! Those boards look good too! It’ll be nice to see them rock during flower.
\

Hiya Budz! Welcome to the journal =)

I haven't been updating as much as I would like b/c of crazy hours at work + I only get to see the plants for a couple hours each day before I have to work. I flipped the lights to 12/12 on Jan 21st so the girls are on Day 15 Flower -- They look AMAZING!!

I will post a collection of pictures in just a moment =D Stick around!

*UPDATE*
I know I've been away for awhile and haven't been updating this Journal too much -- my job has been working me like a bitch so I haven't had the time/energy to sit down and type up a post -- but here we are =D

While I was away, I switched the light cycle to 12/12 to initiate flower. Day 1 flower was January 21st. I've been feeding them their Bloom nutes part A/B + AN Bud Candy then the normal URB/Liquid Seaweed/Molasses and Calmag pH @ 6.8

The stretch on these girls has been crazy they've grown so far past the net I have to keep raising the QBs. Currently, they are at 18" above canopy, once the stretch is over in the next couple days I will begin lowering the lights until I find a sweet spot. Since flipping to flower I've realized how strong the genetics of the GG#4 actually are... I thought the GGxWW was going to be my favorite but the GG#4 has proven to the superior plant. Very strong stalk with great node spacing. The GGxCheese is the weakest by far, very short and weak stems.

Tomorrow I will be Lollipopping the girls and defoliating a shit ton to open up the plants for better light penetration, better air flow to prevent mold, and to increase the amount of energy being spent on the upper colas. I'm super excited to get in there and give the girls some attention.

*In the 7th pic below, take a look at the leave tips, they are all brown and curled. What is this a result of? Nute burn? Can't be heat or light stress b/c temps sit ~80 and the lights are 18" above canopy with very little heat output.

Day 15 Flower
20190205_115212.jpg

20190205_115229.jpg

GG#4
20190205_115242.jpg

20190205_115306.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese
20190205_115313.jpg

20190205_115338.jpg

GG#4 x White Widow
20190205_115405.jpg

20190205_115415.jpg

Here are some of the pictures from yesterdays lollipopping as promised. It took me and my roommate a solid 1.5-2 hours to complete the lollipop and even then we might have to go back in depending on how some of the lower bud sites develop. These QB's have pretty good penetration and seem to be hitting the lower/mid carriage area fairly well, however, we plan to add two 150w HPS lamps to fill in some of the gaps. I talk about them in my first grow journal in my signature if you're curious.

Right after the trimming we gave them a thorough watering of about 1.25-1.5gal each:
Molasses (1tbs/gal)
Liquid Seaweed (Full dose)
Calmag (1/2 dose)
URB Natural (15ml/gal)
pH'd @ 6.8 (Naturally ended up here no pH Up/Down necessary)

The first three photos are the BEFORE shots followed by the AFTER shots. It's always tough chopping so much off your precious plants but in my case it was definitely necessary. I need to open up and expose the inner bud sites. Ill have to include some pics of the GG#4 to show how well the bud sites are stacking I'm hoping she turns out beautiful.
20190205_115212.jpg

20190206_113430.jpg

20190206_113445.jpg

AFTER
20190206_133541.jpg

20190206_133553.jpg

20190206_133654.jpg

20190206_133558.jpg

Attachments

• 20190206_133654.jpg
    20190206_133654.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 45