How weird... has anybody been able to pinpoint the cause of this phenomenon? You said if the plants experience stress at all in their lives this could happen, are you talking like tramautic stress? IE Power going out extended time or massive nute overdose?

When I said pia. I meant a pain in the ass. As far as nanners go. Don't worry about it. It's common for some strains late in flower. It's just the plant trying to reproduce in the end. Sativa's are especially prone to get them in the end of bloom. If you research GG#4 you'll find it came from a hermie according to folk lore. You should always be checking for nanners during flower as part of your daily routine. It's a great strain and a potent one

my understanding is Hermies can be in the genetics. Could also possibly be the result of poor breeding practices. And in a plant that’s not destined to herm can be caused by any type of stess including light leaks, lights from a heater or fan, power outages, cold temps, hot temps, light stress, nute burn and probably others I’m not thinking of

my understanding is Hermies can be in the genetics. Could also possibly be the result of poor breeding practices. And in a plant that’s not destined to herm can be caused by any type of stess including light leaks, lights from a heater or fan, power outages, cold temps, hot temps, light stress, nute burn and probably others I’m not thinking of

Interesting. Good to know. I made sure to cover the LED on my power strip and found a pinhole in the tent that I covered up. Should be good on light leak and luckily temps are stable at the moment. If this grow runs too long I might run into issues late flower as the AZ summers are brutally hot. My last run i experienced nutrient burn because i was using AN nutes which is strong shit and dosed too high. I still have about quarter full bottles of my AN nutes that i plan to finish off but slowly throughout grow -- on top of the URB and Liquid Seaweed.

Hi everyone,
I need to input.... I was checking up on the plants and noticed something on the pots and I can't determine what it is exactly? It kind of looks like mold but it isn't fuzzy and doesn't smell foul...When I rub it, it kind of creates a dust that flakes off. Any ideas?
20181229_214337.jpg

20181229_214458.jpg

20181229_214353.jpg

On a lighter note, the girls are still trucking along quickly!! I'm going to have to FIM the other two plants soon too. Might need to water in the next couple days too they are really soaking up the water in the soil the pots are already feeling much lighter.
20181229_214525.jpg

20181229_214553.jpg

20181229_214518.jpg

Not sure what the white stuff is. Probably just the soil doing what it does. I wouldn't worry about it too much. They are filling in nicely

Yeah I wasn't entirely sold on the idea that it was mold but it never hurts to get a 2nd opinion. I imagine with using URB and Great White the microbiology of the soil is going nuts right now. Ima keep my eye on it though can't be too careful.

and yeah the plants are filling very nicely I'm beyond stoked my first seed run is starting off so well. They're going a lot differently than the clones in my first run so learning how to train them and top is a little different but learning quickly =D

HAPPY NEW YEARS 420 Magazine!!

I hope everybody had a fun and safe New Years I know I did, spent the better half of the day nursing my hangover...I realize I can't drink like I used too. Should probably just stick to the greenery =)

Anyway, I just watered the girls they were looking sad and the pots were feeling light. I accidently let the soil dry out more than I would have liked by like a day because I don't want to kill the microbes in the soil oh well. I FIM'd the GG#4 the last one left to be FIM'd is the GG x Cheese cross.
This watering I used: URB Natural, Liquid Seaweed and Molasses into RO Water. The pH level was naturally 6.8 so I left it as is. Next time I think I'm going to mix in a 1/4 dose of Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Grow A/B to give the girls an extra boost of Nitrogen and Cal/Mag. I figured by how quickly they are growing they are going to deplete the nutrients in the FFOF soil rather quickly but wanted to give them another week before I do to avoid nutrient burn.

Picture Time!
GG#4 x White Widow (Day 26)
This plant is turning out to be a complete beast. The youngest of them all but outgrowing all of them by a long shot. It's been 5 days since FIM'ing and you can already see soo many new bud sites its unbelievable. You can see in the 3rd picture the bottom branches are already almost caught up to the top branches!
20190101_195335.jpg

20190101_195353.jpg

20190101_195524.jpg

GG #4 (Day 35)
Today I FIM'ed the eldest but slowest growing plant. Will have to wait and see how many bud sites I'll get from this girl. May end up having to top again later down the road.
20190101_195735.jpg

20190101_195739.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese (Day 27)
Not too much to say about this plant. It's not doing anything very exciting but healthy nonetheless. Once it gets a little bigger I plan to FIM it soon.
20190101_195744.jpg

20190101_195749.jpg

I'm looking into getting an RO System, any recommendations?

Also, I plan on vegging the 3 plants that I have for awhile so they can fill up the scrog when I put it up... How long until I will have to up-pot from a 5gal into a 7gal fabric pot? My last grow they stayed in the 5gal pots the entire time but I have a feeling I may need to move up to the 7gal at some point.

Good morning 420 Magazine!

I woke up and checked on the plants like I do every morning and discovered several mysterious holes on one of the plants. It seems to be only just the one plant effected by these random holes. I checked all over the plant and under the leaves and was unable to find any sort of pest -- I couldn't find anything at all in fact.

Humidity has been in the mid-high 70%s could this perhaps be the cause? Or at least making something worse?
Please let me know your ideas because at this point I'm just watching the plants in hopes more of these holes dont appear. Will have to spray with Neem Oil if they continue to show up.

20190103_104235.jpg

20190103_104405.jpg

I'm looking into getting an RO System, any recommendations?

Also, I plan on vegging the 3 plants that I have for awhile so they can fill up the scrog when I put it up... How long until I will have to up-pot from a 5gal into a 7gal fabric pot? My last grow they stayed in the 5gal pots the entire time but I have a feeling I may need to move up to the 7gal at some point.
I had a ro system made by APEC. It's a solid under the sink system made in the US. You can take couple gallons from it every few hours

APEC Top Tier 5-Stage Ultra Safe Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ESSENCE ROES-50)
1666053524980.png

Gotta love amazon. Ya I'm very interested in getting a RO system for the house not only for the plants but for human consumption as well. Currently I'm using two of the 5-gal plastic water bottles that you refill at Glacier vending machines and it's a complete pain to lug those heavy ass bottles around every time I need to water haha.

Hi guys! Another update for ya

The ladies are growing very quickly now and are becoming little bushes before my very eyes...It's almost time to setup the scrog! The last time I watered was 5 days ago and after feeling the pots only the GG x WW cross needed watering, the other two still felt damp and had some weight to them. This GG x WW strain is blowing the other two out of the water. This watering i fed her:
1/4 Dose AN Connoiseur Grow A (Decided to add for the extra Nitrogen boost)
1/4 Dose AN Connoiseur Grow B
Full Dose Liquid Seaweed
Full Dose URB Natural
1 Tbs Moleasses
Ph'd to 6.5

* I should note that because the AN products I used are part of their "PH Perfect" line it wanted to make the pH closer to around 6.1 so I had to add some pH UP. I wanted the pH to be as close to 6.8 as possible because that's what I've been watering at in an attempt to reduce any potential shock/stress from a big pH swing while at the same time not wanting to add A BUNCH of pH UP in the process.

20190105_212333.jpg

20190105_212346.jpg

I also added in a third Quantum Board to the tent for a total of 3 boards, with one still leftover that I'm saving for flower. The girls were becoming too bushy to keep lined up next to each other so I decided now would be a good time to separate them and give them each their own lamp. Each board is hung 30" above the plant on full power (120w). I must say I LOVE the way quantum boards look they're very cool! I admit the tent looks pretty messy right now there is still a lot of organizing and rearranging that still needs to take place before the scrog goes up later this week. I still need to hang the carbon filter + remove the base of the white fan and mount to one of the poles.

Also, the humidity in the tent has been really high...like 70%+ almost always but if we leave the tent open/unzipped temps drop below 70 degrees because its so cold out. Correct me if I'm wrong but having high humidity during Veg isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as you have adequate air circulation. With the big white fan + a clip on fan the plants are jiggling quite nice but not blowing around so I think I'm good? I know during flower humidity plays a much larger role and needs to be controlled better. Once I turn on the carbon filter and extract the air out of the tent humidity shouldn't be a problem.

Front Left = GG#4 (Day 39)
Front Right = GG#4 x Cheese (Day 31)
Back Middle = GG#4 x White Widow (Day 30)
20190105_211930.jpg

20190105_211937.jpg

20190105_211952.jpg

Alright guys I need your help identifying a problem with my plants.

Two days ago I watered the GG#4 and GGxCheese plants with the same mix I gave the GG x WW
1/4 Dose AN Connoiseur Grow A (Decided to add for the extra Nitrogen boost)
1/4 Dose AN Connoiseur Grow B
Full Dose Liquid Seaweed
Full Dose URB Natural
1 Tbs Moleasses
Ph'd to 6.5

Fast-forward to today, I open the tent and see this on the GG#4... These dark spots appearing on the edges of a handful of leaves and discoloration on the fan leaves. They're a light green/yellow when the rest of the leaf is a dark green/purple.
GG#4.jpg

GG# 4.jpg

THEN, separately I noticed this rust-like appearance forming on some leaves of the GG x WW...
GG WW.jpg

GGWW.jpg

Is this nute burn? Nute deficiency? Please help!

So I was able to get some feedback about this problem ^^ in another thread and it believed to be a CalMag issue. I thought great, I have a full bottle of Calimagic in my room, ill just mix in some calmag and water them. WRONG. When I opened the bottle there was mold all over the seal and the solution was a dark black color when it should've been a light yellow. RIP. I ended up having to do a higher dosage of the Advanced Nutrients Part B solution because it had a lot of Cal/Mag in it.

I woke up and checked the plants like I always do but haven't seen much of a change, for better or for worse. Gunna have to be patient and keep checking for any sort of change one way or the other.

On a different note, I put up my scrog net, a little late I must admit. I was able to manipulate the GG x WW and the GG x Cheese pretty well but the damn GG #4 has a mind of her own. She wants to push up through the net so bad I had to really work to loosen her up so I can bend her under the net. They are filling out nicely with the WW having soooo many bud sites, she's gunna be a yielder forsure. Me and the roommate decided were gunna veg them until the end of January then flip them to flower. We gotta really work on stretching and opening these plants up before we switch to 12/12 they are soo bushy.

Please leave your thoughts and feedback I really appreciate it. I hope to generate discussions here and create knowledge for others!!

GG x Cheese
GG Cheese.jpg

Cheese.jpg

GG x White Widow
GG WW.jpg

WW.jpg

GG #4
GG#4.jpg

GG4.jpg

20190110_104952.jpg

20190110_105229.jpg

Back