What deficiency is my Mango facing?

This is the only strain this is happening with... Along side this is 2 other strains (Chronic, XTRM Borderliner) both looking perfect? Same medium same nutes same set up? Have grown several different strains and ONLY this one gives me issues like this? Wont clone well either. Did some research and that was the case per the review but no mention of the yellowing edges... At a loss with this.

I'm starting to think it's the strain because my blueberry is on the nutes and is perfectly healthy. My mango on the other hand has just been a pale mess lol. Your leaves, besides the yellow edges, are a nice green. Looks we have different phenotypes of the strain too. Mine looks more Sativa-ish.

What i find curious is most of your effected leaves are towards the top.

That looks like variegated leaf color to me. Plant looks healthy. It happens .....

Alien - how many days in flower are you?? Some plants and many Sativa strains aren't always bright green. Look at the size of the flowers and watch them and not so much the fans. It's completely normal for those very large fans to turn yellow and fall off naturally. Don't pick them off, the plant stores energy in those big fan leaves and gives that stored energy back to the flowers usually about 1/2 thru flowering is when that begins. If you let you plants grow without cutting off leaves, you will see new fans s but smaller ones growing and taking the place of the large ones.

That said.. your fans are yellowing with brown spots. That's usually PH related or something in your water that is causing a toxicity.

It's never and I'll say it again, NEVER going to be Mg deficiency .... impossible to happen. You either have Mg or you don't - if you don't then you wont have chlorophyll since Chlorophyll only has 1 atom of Mg... food for thought there. Adding in Ca I'm not sure about that either .... why are you adding in CalMag?

What happens is you can actually have too much of 1 or another minerals... say Mg for instance, plants that are suffering from Mg toxicity will look like your fans as well.

At the end of the day very very difficult to diagnose issues without a soil test. Kinda late for that obviously.

What I do if I ever have plant issues is get a bucket of filtered water - I use RO water so I already know the PH is going to be 6.5. add in a cup of EWC and 1/2 cup of kelp meal and stir and add an air stone if you have one, if you don't just let it sit and stir if a few times. Next day, stir and water in... thats it. Then just water for a week to see if the plants come back around.

The EWC and the Kelp meal have EVERYTHING macro & micro nutrients including Ca N Mg etc all 70 of them the plants need to grow. If the plants not coming back around then there's something wrong with the water you are using and likely some toxicity you're not aware of, or the PH in the water is way off.

I'm growing a Sativa now that turns completely yellow that last half of the flowering cycle... completely normal and expected and all the large fans eventually fall off before harvest time.

Yes. At least with General Hydroponics brand (and I assume the others are similar), you add them in the order listed or the nutrients crash out of solution. GH CALiMAGic and FloraMicro are alkaline solutions and the others acidic, so I think what you're doing is getting the Ca, Mg, and micronutrients into solution first before the mix is acidified.

That sequence is right from the GH website, BTW. They should really clarify that more. FloraMicro says on the label directions to add it first, but there is no such warning on their Ca/Mg.

Which comes rst, Armor Si or CALiMAGic?
- When using both
Armor Si
and
CALiMAGic
add
Armor Si
to the reservoir
rst
- When using
Armor Si
and/or
CALiMAGic
, with
Flora Series
these products should be added
prior to adding FloraMic

taken right off the feed chart

That looks like variegated leaf color to me. Plant looks healthy. It happens .....

Alien - how many days in flower are you?? Some plants and many Sativa strains aren't always bright green. Look at the size of the flowers and watch them and not so much the fans. It's completely normal for those very large fans to turn yellow and fall off naturally. Don't pick them off, the plant stores energy in those big fan leaves and gives that stored energy back to the flowers usually about 1/2 thru flowering is when that begins. If you let you plants grow without cutting off leaves, you will see new fans s but smaller ones growing and taking the place of the large ones.

That said.. your fans are yellowing with brown spots. That's usually PH related or something in your water that is causing a toxicity.

It's never and I'll say it again, NEVER going to be Mg deficiency .... impossible to happen. You either have Mg or you don't - if you don't then you wont have chlorophyll since Chlorophyll only has 1 atom of Mg... food for thought there. Adding in Ca I'm not sure about that either .... why are you adding in CalMag?

What happens is you can actually have too much of 1 or another minerals... say Mg for instance, plants that are suffering from Mg toxicity will look like your fans as well.

At the end of the day very very difficult to diagnose issues without a soil test. Kinda late for that obviously.

What I do if I ever have plant issues is get a bucket of filtered water - I use RO water so I already know the PH is going to be 6.5. add in a cup of EWC and 1/2 cup of kelp meal and stir and add an air stone if you have one, if you don't just let it sit and stir if a few times. Next day, stir and water in... thats it. Then just water for a week to see if the plants come back around.

The EWC and the Kelp meal have EVERYTHING macro & micro nutrients including Ca N Mg etc all 70 of them the plants need to grow. If the plants not coming back around then there's something wrong with the water you are using and likely some toxicity you're not aware of, or the PH in the water is way off.

I'm growing a Sativa now that turns completely yellow that last half of the flowering cycle... completely normal and expected and all the large fans eventually fall off before harvest time.

Week 6 of flower and the leaves have only yellowed more since. I'll sound like a newb but what is EWC?

Week 6 of flower and the leaves have only yellowed more since. I’ll sound like a newb but what is EWC?

Some cultivars (strains) will turn yellow.... actually most will unless "fed" too much N during the flowering cycle. Senescence is a thing... think trees turning colors in the fall. Cannabis does the same thing. It's completely normal, the brown spots are not normal ..

Some cultivars (strains) will turn yellow.... actually most will unless "fed" too much N during the flowering cycle. Senescence is a thing... think trees turning colors in the fall. Cannabis does the same thing. It's completely normal, the brown spots are not normal ..

Yeah I'm going to flush it then give it a feeding. It only has 2 weeks before final flush, if I don't change my mind and chop early.

Back
Top Bottom