What is the best strain out there?

strongest? dunno, haven't smoked em all....but wish i had some more real panama red like i got a couple of times in the 70's . very visual, and yes the buds were very red, later more green and not so good...sigh

Jedi x Purple Spider

a friend made this strain at home and one plant gets at least a pound each outdoors. looks like a bunch of purple salt crystals on giant manora branches. the bottom branches get like 10 feet long curved

trainwreck, AK47, white rhino, and blueberry

so what's the deal w/ that Grinspoon stuff? the pix i saw just look really weird & astonishingly light weight (no flower density at all.)

kali mist, grape ape, super silver haze, nyc diesel

You have asked the only question in the world which will have as many answers as there are people who smoke cannabis.

Due to the fact that in the plant world cannabis is one of the most evolved and genetically diverse plants on the planet when you then factor in that among mammals the human being is the most highly evolved and genetically diverse creatures on the planet . So factor in the nuances of each individual strain and then take in to account the fact that every human being has a unique physiology taking into account brain wave patterns ,metabolism ,genetic strengths and weaknesses that all lead up to the inescapable fact that every single person on the planet is going to have what I would call a biological fingerprint which means you will have to sample every strain you can ever find untill you find the one strain that is an absolute perfect match for any one individual,

So far...in this order,

Sour Bubbles
Skywalker OG
Green Ribbon

All three have it all in my book. Smell, taste, smoothness, and a terrific high.

I'm not a pure indica fan for the most part, I like to be inspired when toking.

All in my humble opinion. :tokin:

You have asked the only question in the world which will have as many answers as there are people who smoke cannabis.

Due to the fact that in the plant world cannabis is one of the most evolved and genetically diverse plants on the planet when you then factor in that among mammals the human being is the most highly evolved and genetically diverse creatures on the planet . So factor in the nuances of each individual strain and then take in to account the fact that every human being has a unique physiology taking into account brain wave patterns ,metabolism ,genetic strengths and weaknesses that all lead up to the inescapable fact that every single person on the planet is going to have what I would call a biological fingerprint which means you will have to sample every strain you can ever find untill you find the one strain that is an absolute perfect match for any one individual,
OK? That's a lot of words just to say... "To each his own. Try all the strains you can and use what works best for you."
But I do have to say you have a way with words. I could only wish that I had the ability to write like you. :smokin:

so what's the deal w/ that Grinspoon stuff? the pix i saw just look really weird & astonishingly light weight (no flower density at all.)

It's an heirloom sativa, pure and uncrossed.
That is what a lot of sativa plants looked like way back when, before humans started breeding cannabis plants.

That is what a lot of sativa plants looked like way back when, before humans started breeding cannabis plants.

There is an excellent example of this exact statement at World of seeds check out there pure land race thailand strain a completely non tampered genetic that is the equal of any human modified strain on the planet when it comes to the high but where human enginering comes in is the variety of incredible aromas and flavours cause every pure landrace I ever smoked kinda smelled like that mid to high grade brown-red colored buds of the 80's so in my opinion all we have done is make it more flavourful and we have managed to modify the plants makeup only so much as to change its natural smell. Cause all I know is Lambs bread ,acupulco gold ,panama red and alll the other high grade imports of the 80's all looked alike and shared that same earthy flavour. So once again in a long winded way Is old strains really were more potent cause really after 5000's year of cultivation of bud in the middle east and areas where it is indiginous have been modified by expert farmers forever and somehow law enforcement has enough ego to say in 80 years we have improved on 50 centuries of breeding.

So go landrace if you can afford it.

well... I'm not gonna say I've been smokin longer than folks have been selective breeding, but i distinctly remember (having grown up in Texas) all the old school strains & none of em looked anything like that. none. and they were ALL sativas; from all the Mexi strains to Jamaican Lambsbread (the best one IMO) all were pure landracers. so I'm not really buying the "heirloom sativa" tag... that stuff is weird. I'm sure it has a nifty buzz but one calyx per quarter inch!?!? that's wack.

I have smoked loads of wild sativas while not looking like the Dr grinspoon featured on the barneys farm website I have smoked lambsbread strains that where a Greenish grey color no larger then 2/3 of an in diameter and 12 inches long , and then panama reds that were a deep deep almost rust brown red color that would be up to 3 inches around in the center and when looking at a branch the shape was almost cigar like.

Also back in the 80's me and some friends spent some time in jamaica and we found these guys who rented these little cabins out on the sides of hills deep in the bush where there was fields of all kinds of different sativa's and I swear I never saw so many different varieties ,of course I realize they may not have been pure landraces as there was a lot of interbreeding going on as the males werent being weeded out religiously.

So the really wierd thing is how some of the very best pure strain landrace gentics actually dont have half the bag presentation of todays strains.

LMAO!!! yep that was Jamaican weed alright! stringy as all hell, skinny little tight buds. it really sucks that those guys let all those strains get indica poisoning! But who could blame em, what with the yields they were getting & all. but yeah; by far the best high I've ever experienced, truly uplifting & hilarious. i keep lookin for real lambsbread seeds but I'd be skeptical since it's pretty much extinct... unless you're a Nyabinghiman up in the mountains.

Herijuana.......NOT for the novice smoker. My friend big Bob a long time quality ganga smoker tried a nice sized bong hit of it topped w/ a bit of kief. As soon as he'd blown out his hit a look come over his face, said he felt funny, thot it was his heart, took his breath away.......big guy went to the hospital cause he was afraid he was gonna have a heart attack..... lmao:cheesygrinsmiley:
He was fine.......except I'm sure he ruined his own awesome stone with all that worry.
Herijuana is one hit shit. and it hits you so hard and fast you'd swear your universe just shifted.

I love Herijuana OG e_e
I haven't heard of it up till recently,
When I was in Cali this X-Mas my cousin copped an O of that wonderful plant.
Only after we finished the 1/2 of good ol' Sour.
I was on another level of chill.
We were putting his new Launch Box to the test like every day,
And I love that vape,
But Honestly nothing beats a nice doubie rolled just the way you like it, FAT! :tokin:

Love the trip down memory lane and thought I would lend my 2 cents on "The Best" strain(s) in the world. I live in Oregon, and even before marijuana was legalized for medicinal purposes we got a good share of decent herb. When going to the dispensary the bud tenders will encourage me to sample a large bud of whatever strain I am curious about, or is new, or have never tried. There are at any given time 25-30 strains of weed to sample from, not to mention the extracts and edibles. For a long time I would buy a 1/8 of a new strain every time I went in. I was on a mission to be the ultimate pot connoisseur, looking at buds meticulously under my Carson LED microscope and comparing smells and flavors of individual strains, almost like I was my own Cannabis Cup judge. I have tried nearly all the best strains out there. Many strains that have been featured in High Times. Too many to count. Out of all these strains I have come to the conclusion that the best medicine is the medicine that works best for YOU. What is the perfect medicine for one person might not suit someone else nearly as well. I like Kush type highs with heavy narcotic couch lock type high. I like to smoke weed to unwind at the end of the day, and I like weed that relaxes my body, makes me hungry and doesn't make my mind race. For me, Chem Dawg #4 fits the bill perfectly, get's me medicated in all the right ways. It tastes amazing, like lemon, kerosene, and you instantly know you are hitting some Chem Dawg when you take a puff or smell a nug. Chem Dawg gives me a great body, and head change without an overpowering, pushy high that you sometimes get with ultra strong pot. Other strong runners up include pre98 Bubba Kush, OG Kush, Hindu Kush, E32 Arcata Trainwreck, Purple Wreck, Purple Kush, Chem Valley Kush, Purple Urkle, Blue Dream, Romulan, Lemon Diesel, Hash Plant, Afghan Kush, Headband and probably a few more I forgot to mention.

I have to say that i have been smoking for years and I do like a variety of strains but I keep going back to: SUPER LEMON HAZE total heady high. Tastes so good and smell so lemony. My own mix we called Psychedelic Cyn...Arjan Ultra Haze #1 and White Widow 50/50 mix. I take a few ounces of each and blend them together and it hits you so fast. Its a body high (ww) with that sativa high (Arjan ultra haze) mixed together!!
White widow is a great body numbing smoke and good as a base for mixing in other strains after they are cured.
Bubba Kush smells good with that musky smell but way to weak for me. Will not bother growing that again.
Arjan Ultra haze by itself is not strong enough.
Himalayn Gold has been good strain. Hits really well in a vaporizer. Very much a mix of head to body high and was by far the best yielder of them all.

Back
Top Bottom